Rough pictures of my "camp" line of candles with new labels...

Trappeur

Well I finally finished my "camp" line of candles with my new labels and I just love them!   Seems like it took forever designing the labels but they came out great...(well I think they did)..lol   To each their own I say!   I bought all the jars and awesome lids from Moonshine.   She was just great thinking these jars and lids might be something I was looking for for something different and she was right.  I've double wicked these 16oz jars and used fragrances that are great throwers for me so I know the candles are going to throw........ For years I have wanted to come up with something different.   When I designed the labels I did little sayings on the labels that are different and in different color schemes....1 yellow/gold, 1 red and 1 tent green.   You'll have to look closely at each label and see how each one is a little different in the sayings.   My favorite is the one that says "Paddle Faster !!  I hear Banjos!"   Now do you know where I got that from? hee hee hee...   Every year when I go to Maine I go out in the woods with my sister and harvest birch bark of which I have attached a piece with some twine to the lid just to make the candle more unique and different.   Tomorrow I'm delivering 3 dozen to my good Apple Orchard Account and then I'm hitting up Ace Hardware and a beautiful little shop downtown that carries high end merchandise of clothing and t shirts and expensive items like Woolrich, Pendleton, Rocky top boots, etc of which I think my camp collection should fit in perfect for them.   I don't think you will see many candles as what I have tried to create here....so wish me luck..   The pictures I just took real quickly as I still have to redo them and do in a setting of like sitting in some leaves or on a stump or something outside.....whatever....well at least I can share them with everyone.   I have been a very sick but busy girl....Thanks for letting me share....

Trappeur

Ok here is my mess in the kitchen and I got some new molds for my little doo dad signature things I always put on my candles.....gesh, I don't know what I was thinking when I came up with that idea years ago and it sure is time consuming when I make my candles....but oh well.....

CIMG1452.thumb.JPG.122e439b2086b3af1e4adbb935828050.JPG

CIMG1456.thumb.JPG.c5fd764d8a74ef38de67daa3828b11c7.JPG

Now here are the different jars and labels:

I don't know why the pictures show the labels as being blurry as they are not.....but at least you can see....

CIMG1498.thumb.JPG.c992e3dce5a6f9273e54ab0592da6eac.JPG

CIMG1501.thumb.JPG.58a916b1f031ff1ba76ebe119cfb0523.JPG

CIMG1509.thumb.JPG.fcc842239cefcdd92ef090202f3db6b2.JPG

CIMG1514.thumb.JPG.3b186f983f843a5be85b1e1d99fc5c83.JPG

CIMG1529.thumb.JPG.5e5c0315d815efc876782ddd2865ec3f.JPG

CIMG1532.thumb.JPG.45326f218054fc3527749caf3e5baf23.JPG

And I snapped a picture of Munchkin I caught sleeping in a box on the porch....lol

CIMG0744.thumb.JPG.2189a8d0dfbd2023a1599192f2f5779b.JPG

Now my latest addition to my very "LARGE" family of cats that I already have is these 2 kittens....Long story short, a black female cat showed up this past summer to my cabin and unfortunately she was pregnant....long story short, well, she had 2 kittens, one was born dead and 1 lived (the smaller one in the picture of who I named "Annie".   Well about 2 weeks later a neighbor called me and said that down at my little shack someone threw out 2 little newborn (2 weeks old) kittens on the side of the road and she needed help from me...I went down there and could not find them and we had been having torrential rains for a week and you could hear them crying in the woods...well, never could find them....So next day she calls me again and says she can hear a tiny kitten crying so I ran down....1 of the kittens someone ran over the little thing and the other little one (the bigger one in the picture) we saved.  Poor thing her little tail was broken in spots and she has 1/2 a tail and you can feel where it is broken...I brought to the vet and they said leave like it is...Well, at 2 weeks old, I didn't think the poor thing was going to survive that night and especially being as young as she was and having no mother, so what I did was put her with the mother cat with the 1 kitten and lo and behold she took her on as if she was her own little baby...Now the 2 kittens have grown together and are inseparable....I named the orphaned kitten "Orphan"...

CIMG0633.thumb.JPG.60b282a20a9f0bc0be66fc013b9c91fe.JPG

CIMG0611.thumb.JPG.23707a879454b843f95f9dc79a404257.JPG

My sister came to visit me this summer and I know she was just shaking her head as she is feeding 1 table of cats.....lol...oh well!

CIMG0590.thumb.JPG.59dd5a8b73173c099502d58435e48fdf.JPG

CIMG0591.thumb.JPG.c1d18cdbf6a7931e423f2133a2b197a5.JPG

This is "Orphan" growing like a weed....

CIMG0619.thumb.JPG.519f03fbc024536a5a661a04893bf710.JPG

As you can see here, Orphan has only 1/2 a tail...

CIMG1182.thumb.JPG.999d6fadc651a876fc05af15f30c4776.JPG

CIMG1363.thumb.JPG.d9a4313e468c54d4896c1b99d70fe730.JPG

• Like 9

My rug?   Oh my gosh!     Your so funny.......

My door is always open!   Company always gets the log bed and I get the couch or chair where I sleep most of the time anyway!

When you coming?   We can make candles cause I'm behind being sick and all and I'll show you the town....lol

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

Love the candles Trapp! Maybe one of the candles could read "You got a Purdy Mouth"... I don't know...   

Well, at least your Sister may shake her head, BUT SHE didn't have to deal with the whole skunk bonanza! 

Orphan is such a unique Calico! I don't think I've ever seen a tiger striped Calico before. She's really quite pretty.

Cheers, 

Sponiebr

:rolleyes:lol, lol.....omg.....Sponey....!   Only you would come up with a comment like that!...lol

Ah ha!   So you got the banjo music I see!   2 of my friends never could figure that out...what a bunch of dummies, I swear.

Oh yeah, thanks for the nice comment!

Where you been?    Under your vehicle?   Last time you were making those bobbins.   Did you finish them yet?   

Trappeur

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Trappeur said:

My rug?   Oh my gosh!     Your so funny.......

My door is always open!   Company always gets the log bed and I get the couch or chair where I sleep most of the time anyway!

When you coming?   We can make candles cause I'm behind being sick and all and I'll show you the town....lol

Trappeur

It's funny because I live in the mountains, but my place isn't cozy like yours.  Our business is onsite and I never have a moment of pure peace and quiet.  Your home is what I envisioned mine to be when we moved here....cozy and cabiny, but it ended up being far, far from that.  It's a damn circus around here all the time.  I wish I could sit on my porch and drink coffee and chat and enjoy nature and scenery, and then piddle around watering my plants and gathering pine cones and making stuff.  So, I'm gonna come stay with you for a while and do all that!

On 10/23/2018 at 10:27 PM, Trappeur said:

No Quentin, I design them on Zazzle and order through Zazzle also.

Trappeur;)

Zazzle. New one for me. I'd better check it out. I'm gonna post mine today for everyone to see. Then we'll all have a good laugh. :mellow: Seriously, I welcome the people here to "rip them apart" and I hope I get honest responses. It would do me no good if people merely said nice things about them to keep from hurting my feelings. I'm always open to suggestions. I think I wrote somewhere in here that there was something about my design that I don't like. I just can't put my finger on it.

Love the candles and cats pics. I love that you found lids with handles for your candles, very campy!!

Re the table feeding, I count 10-11 cats on that one table, not sure as some are obscured. But that's a lot of kitties and they all have beautiful coats and are healthy looking. You are doing a wonderful job taking care of them!

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

Ok I have to admit the first thing I did was look for possum or raccoon  tails in your kitty feeding picture ...not sure why I did that?...OK we know why hahahaha!

Anyway those labels are Fantastic...really! I also love the rustic bit of bark ...so creative and it's nice to see picture of your sister...does she ever look like you! or is that you?