Tennessee Candle Closing End OF August

Moonstar

13 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Hotel Costes didn't live up to the hype for me. It smelled cheap and watered down. Nor did the Hermes dupe of Merveilleux, my favorite perfume of all time. It was a pale interpretation.

lemon verbena by AHRE sells well for me. Wicks easily. Soaps easily. And has a nice strong following in my niche. 

Seriously?  Wow and here I did think hotel costes was the best thing since the wheel! Lol

i love love love the scents I got from your co-op.... Maybe hotel could be in your lineup for duping? I would probably faint from pure intoxication if came out better 

On 8/12/2016 at 0:52 PM, TallTayl said:

People went round and round like this when TSW went OOB. All that was left at the time was the non-moving, unpopular inventory. The real value was in the codes not the boat anchor of aged inventory. They wanted something like a quarter million at the time. Without seeing the books I would not have even considered it. 

A small business like this would be pretty difficult to run as a partnership for profit, IMO. Someone just needs to negotiate a reasonable deal and pony up the cash as a sole investment and run with it if it seems worth while.

Similar closings a led to established fragrance sellers like Daystar, PFO, AHrE and Brambleberry extending their already popularlines. I think what a lot of people figure out is that very similar fragrances are available at other existing places just under a different name. Remember how many MW were just renames of Lebermuth and other FO?

You know TallTayl....it really is a sudden onset of sadness, desperation AND a totally helpless feeling when you see the owners of a company that you love and that you buy several awesome scents off of closing. The fact that Brent and Kimberlie were so sweet and had this dream of growing and having this company just compounds the sadness.  There of feelings of pain for the owners and also for us a feeling of there is no where else I can get these scents, the customers love them and what the heck am I going to do now...because OUR businesses ARE all about the scents these businesses carry.  It is a sense of helplessness all the way around. The partnership suggestion was just that...a combined feeling of sadness and wanting to make sure these fragrances don't go away...a wishing out loud. Unfortunately, I know this won't and wouldn't work....there I was dreaming again. :) . I just hope that someone buys this company and we all can proceed as normal.

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, puma52 said:

You know TallTayl....it really is a sudden onset of sadness, desperation AND a totally helpless feeling when you see the owners of a company that you love and that you buy several awesome scents off of closing. The fact that Brent and Kimberlie were so sweet and had this dream of growing and having this company just compounds the sadness.  There of feelings of pain for the owners and also for us a feeling of there is no where else I can get these scents, the customers love them and what the heck am I going to do now...because OUR businesses ARE all about the scents these businesses carry.  It is a sense of helplessness all the way around. The partnership suggestion was just that...a combined feeling of sadness and wanting to make sure these fragrances don't go away...a wishing out loud. Unfortunately, I know this won't and wouldn't work....there I was dreaming again. :) . I just hope that someone buys this company and we all can proceed as normal.

Would Tennessee consider letting people order a keg of their favorites before they close up shop for Good? It would be a quick way to stir up some cash for them and save the scents you rely on most for your business until replacements are found.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Would Tennessee consider letting people order a keg of their favorites before they close up shop for Good? It would be a quick way to stir up some cash for them and save the scents you rely on most for your business until replacements are found.

Anyone who is interested in doing this, I would call Kimberlie this week.  I would think she would do it since it's so much and the whole keg could be drop shipped and she would

only have to do the ordering.  I wouldn't wait, it's getting close to her closing shop.  If I had a place to store and deal with orders, I'd consider buying her formulas and website.  I don't think you need to be in TN, just so everyone knows it's the same fo.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TallTayl said:

It would be nice, but there are so many scents that we all would want. Fingers crossed someone will purchase. I did speak w/Kimberlie last week and she is just ready to move on and start over. After having spoken with her.....I am not sure she would do this....I could be wrong, but it was in her voice.  I did tell her that we wish her the best of everything in her future and told her we appreciated her and Brent offering such wonderful scents and being so kind and wonderful to deal with. :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 2

Guest OldGlory

If Kimberlie is 'done with it', maybe she will consider selling off the codes to her fragrances.

I emailed Teri at Aztec and asked where they are with their decision. She said that they will NOT replace the FOs they have already in their 'library' like Vanilla Bean Noel, Spicy Apples and Peaches, etc, but would consider adding the FOs from TCS that they don't have. She said that Kimberlie isn't sure which way the sale of the business will go. So, it's a waiting game for Kimberlie to decide what she wants to do.

If anything else is communicated to me I'll post again.

8 minutes ago, OldGlory said:

If Kimberlie is 'done with it', maybe she will consider selling off the codes to her fragrances.

I emailed Teri at Aztec and asked where they are with their decision. She said that they will NOT replace the FOs they have already in their 'library' like Vanilla Bean Noel, Spicy Apples and Peaches, etc, but would consider adding the FOs from TCS that they don't have. She said that Kimberlie isn't sure which way the sale of the business will go. So, it's a waiting game for Kimberlie to decide what she wants to do.

If anything else is communicated to me I'll post again.

That is smart of Azrec! This way they don't end up with multiple competing fragrances with the same name like so many other fragrance retailers! That gets so confusing...

This breaks my heart since TC's OM&H, Tangerine Dream, True Lavender and Sweetpea are truly exceptional scents. I searched for a very long time and spent a lot of time and money to find them. 

Edited by heartsong
  • Like 1

On August 13, 2016 at 10:32 PM, TallTayl said:

That's a great idea!!!

• Like 1

Sad to hear this but totally understandable.

was this the same company that closed and reopened last time? If so I spoke to Brent, he offered the codes to everyone that purchased from them at $70 a code, I think quite a few people were interested. He then took the offer off his website.

I hope she lets people buy kegs, it just provides breathing space.

I don't buy fragrances from resellers anymore, I buy codes and have my own codes to buy direct. 

The value in her business is her fragrance codes and maybe her customer list. 

Back in 2010 I bought fragrances from the scent works during her famous 20% off sale. Some of them arrived short and I was refunded. I decided there and then to source my own codes, I spent a lot of time testing and sampling and have managed to get quite a few samples dead on as well as buy codes which again proved to be spot on.

• Like 2

On 8/10/2016 at 11:42 PM, Belinda said:

I know smelling an FO OOB isn't a good way to judge but Fragrance Buddy carries This Old House and OOB it smells the same to me as Tennessee's. It might not hurt to get a sample from them and try to see if you think it'll be a good replacement. They have an eBay store so you wouldn't have to order much and they also have some other great FO's.

I bought some of this- also the This Old House from VA Candle Supply.  VA Candle supply is really not it at all.  Fragrance Buddy is very close with just a couple notes off.  OOB is very similar, in wax is quite similar and I'm about to start testing the fragrance while burning.  I think that it's possible I can swap this in and only the most die hard will wonder if something might have changed.

Scented..it has been a long time since I have used this old house .. So I don't remember all of the notes of the fragrance , but I did get a sample in this week from ah/re sample sale called ..Stone House reserve... there is something about it that reminds me of this old house ..

if you would like a sniffle of it PM me your address and I'll get you some in the mail

• 4 months later...
6 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Wow ! Your kidding me ! 

How did this come about ? 

I contacted the realtor in hopes that their oils can be purchased again as I have heard many great things and people trying to find replacements, so am trying to help out :)  I cannot wait to hear her response.

• Like 2