Tennessee Candle Closing End OF August

Moonstar

So correct me if I am wrong, if she is selling off all her inventory, it sounds like she is selling her business name, reputation, all her contacts and vendors and names of customers, is that right?  Is that how it works?

Trappeur

21 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

What about pumpkin pecan waffles?  Nobody likes it? I would buy 7 pounds to start off with....

Trappeur

I LOVE their pumpkin pecan waffle!  It is s best seller for me from fall through winter.  

• Like 1

On August 3, 2016 at 9:57 PM, Belinda said:

I have part of a bottle of this left and you are welcome to it. I actually prefer the one from NG. 

That would be awesome Belinda - please let me know how much I owe you.  I've never tried the one from NG.  Is it by the same name?

Guest OldGlory

Well let's see what Aztec decided to do, and if they move forward we'll know shortly whether or not they can get the exact fragrances. I'll add Pumpkin Pecan Waffles to the list with 2 votes.

I'm neutral in this because I don't use any FOs from TN candle supply. It's all up to Aztec now.

On August 7, 2016 at 9:14 AM, Trappeur said:

Great post Belinda!  I happen to agree also.  I've never met anyone on the board here, but I too feel that we are friends....old friends and new friends just meeting.  It's a good feeling to have.  Wouldn't it be great if we could all meet somewhere and have like a first time reunion somewhere?

Trappeur

That would be awesome! Maybe we'll have to plan on that and pick a central location and just all meet and have lunch or something. 

I'm voting for PPW, True Lavender, Spicy Apples & Peaches, and Buttercream.  I use a dozen of their oils but those four are crucial.  I'd love Under the Tree, This Old House, Strawberry Cheesecake, and several others but I can do without the ones I use only seasonally.  I don't know what to do without True Lavender.  I'm down to about 4 oz. :(

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OldGlory said:

Well let's see what Aztec decided to do, and if they move forward we'll know shortly whether or not they can get the exact fragrances. I'll add Pumpkin Pecan Waffles to the list with 2 votes.

I'm neutral in this because I don't use any FOs from TN candle supply. It's all up to Aztec now.

Thankyou for doing that Old Glory!

Trappeur

12 hours ago, Trappeur said:

So correct me if I am wrong, if she is selling off all her inventory, it sounds like she is selling her business name, reputation, all her contacts and vendors and names of customers, is that right?  Is that how it works?

Trappeur

That would/could also include recipes and codes for scents. If she has remarked that her selling agent would not permit her to sell only that portion then yes. That is include din the value of her business. Someone would have to buy it all to get codes. 

Guest OldGlory

If that's the case I doubt Aztec will be able to help you guys. I'll send them the list today. All they can do is call Kimberly and try, right? And I think they know each other. Who knows what Kimberlie might do? In business you learn not to say NEVER.

Guest OldGlory

Teri just emailed me to ask the ones who asked for Spicy Apples & Peaches, Vanilla Bean Noel, Sugar Cookie, and Buttercream if you have tried the FOs that Aztec already has in these scents? It doesn't make sense to pay for something they already have. In the meantime she is sharing my email with her boss. Someone with a good, dependable sense of smell needs to test the ones Aztec already sells, and let me know if it's the same thing.

On 8/8/2016 at 8:27 PM, Trappeur said:

Trappeur

Question Trappeur,

Have you talked w/Kimberlie any more this week? I wonder if she is still continuing their original business...Kimberlies Kandles? I wonder who has her TCS listing if she does have it w/a realtor?

Edited by puma52

1 hour ago, OldGlory said:

Puma.... YOU need to buy that business and continue her FO line. :biggrin:

Ditto, ditto Puma!  yes, you DO need to buy the business!

I'll call her and find out what realestate agent has the listing.:):)

Trappeur

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OldGlory said:

Puma.... YOU need to buy that business and continue her FO line. :biggrin:

53 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Ditto, ditto Puma!  yes, you DO need to buy the business!

I'll call her and find out what realestate agent has the listing.:):)

Trappeur

Wishy, wishy I could!! NOW.....if a few of US ALL went in together, bought the business and formed a partnership...got a great lawyer, accountant, a whizz on the computer and last but not least an awesome PR person to promote the heck out of it.........now THAT'S what I'm a talkin' about!:)  I have envisioned new scents, how to's (because let me tell ya...those how to's using your products really sells YOUR products...ie Wholesale Supplies Plus, Nature's Garden, Brambleberry) , adding a few other products along the way would be awesome too. People do partnerships all the time. HOW in the world we could all keep these wonderful products in our worlds has been on my mind constantly ever since I seen that email from Kimberlie about closing the business. Constantly!! Eeek....what can we all do??!!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, logcabinmomma said:

Their Spicy Apples and Peaches will most likely work for me- but I MUST find This Old House, and I'd love Amish Harvest!

I know smelling an FO OOB isn't a good way to judge but Fragrance Buddy carries This Old House and OOB it smells the same to me as Tennessee's. It might not hurt to get a sample from them and try to see if you think it'll be a good replacement. They have an eBay store so you wouldn't have to order much and they also have some other great FO's.

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

You know, I checked into opening a candle supplier business while I was in San Antonio last year visiting my sister. I couldn't get a connection for wax. The minimums where too large. With her health issues I can't tie myself to anything in TN, so joining a partnership or buying a business here is out of the question for me. I may be selling my business within the next 12 months.

Anyone who is considering buying her business should have very deep pockets because you are going to have to buy a LOT of inventory. I think she's sold down on her existing inventory, to the point that what's left is really what people are not interested in. That would give me a few moments of thought. If Kimberly doesn't sell the business as is, and if Aztec isn't willing to get the codes for the FOs y'all want, I think the smartest thing to do would be to make an offer for the FO part of the business. To me, that's the valuable part of her business.

3 minutes ago, OldGlory said:

Anyone who is considering buying her business should have very deep pockets because you are going to have to buy a LOT of inventory. I think she's sold down on her existing inventory, to the point that what's left is really what people are not interested in. That would give me a few moments of thought. If Kimberly doesn't sell the business as is, and if Aztec isn't willing to get the codes for the FOs y'all want, I think the smartest thing to do would be to make an offer for the FO part of the business. To me, that's the valuable part of her business.

YES!! This is very true.

The 30K she is asking for the business likely does not include anything more than customer lists, current inventory and proprietary information such as the scent distributor detail which would include these codes. New agreements would need to be established with all suppliers or all materials. Warehouse space would have to be secured. It will not be enough to have a fragrance business which just offers a few oils. You will need many more. That will take warehouse space and employees. The oil will arrive in drums and need to be bottled, labeled, inventoried and of course be shipped. 

I would be happy to aid/advise anyone who does this with website setup and detail on effective social media. I do not wish to be a part of a distribution business (I am busy enough running my own!) but could certainly lend my expertise. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Belinda said:

I know smelling an FO OOB isn't a good way to judge but Fragrance Buddy carries This Old House and OOB it smells the same to me as Tennessee's. It might not hurt to get a sample from them and try to see if you think it'll be a good replacement. They have an eBay store so you wouldn't have to order much and they also have some other great FO's.

Gonna try an ounce to see while I still have some stock to compare it to.  Anyone try VACandleSupply? That's another This Old House, but neither description is spot on.

eta- placed orders for both- figured as long as I'm comparing...

Edited by logcabinmomma
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, OldGlory said:

You know, I checked into opening a candle supplier business while I was in San Antonio last year visiting my sister. I couldn't get a connection for wax. The minimums where too large. With her health issues I can't tie myself to anything in TN, so joining a partnership or buying a business here is out of the question for me. I may be selling my business within the next 12 months.

You hit it right on the head OldGlory!!! The fragrance!!!  That is the money maker!!  That is the only thing that I would be interested in .... the fragrance line....some of the scents I would D/C, but would replace with other new ones. You are right....the inventory will be sold to the bare bones and the person buying would get what's left....I am sure that office equipment, melters etc would be included. Pretty expensive dealings...but the codes to the scents and the supplier for them would be wonderful to have. The customer list would be icing on the cake. :)

• Like 1