Tennessee Candle Closing End OF August

Moonstar

Good morning craftserver friends!  I expressed the high interest in Tennessee oils and she stated that drumroll.......Maple Street is the purchaser.  I honestly had a feeling as I have seen the owner of MS state that he knew and spoke to Kim and Brent when they were going out of business.  However, was not 100% sure since a few select on here stated they tried MS for example PPW and it did not compare to Tennessee.  MS is getting a ton of new oils in the near future, so I am very anxious to try them now.  Thank you all for being patient along with me while we awaited this what seems to be wonderful news.

• Like 2

Wow.......if you remember on Oct. 16 I put up a post here and said I was going to ask the owner of Maple Street if they bought out Tennessee.  I spoke to the owner and he said he didn't buy them out....hmmmmm...Well for whatever reason he told me that I guess he didn't want anyone to know.  Well, I wonder if they will divulge if the oils on their site are the exact oils from Tennessee as I sure could use a lot of them.  I would want to deal with someone honest.

Trappeur

• Like 3

This is the owner of MS response to the matter "We do carry a ton of oils very similar to their line.   We did not buy them out as some rumors apparently are flying about.  There really isn't anything to buy out when a fragrance supplier closes.   I can look into a tangerine and some additional raspberry types in addition to those we already offer. ;-)".  Now it is really confusing, I feel like everything is always top secret.  I understand that is what sets companies apart is the propriety blends and hush hush manufactures they purchase from, I do not expect specific details for those things.  However, when it comes to something like this, you would think someone would be proud to say they carry some of their oils in order to drive more business?

Good morning everyone!  I am the owner of Maple Street Candle Company Based out of PA.  We did NOT buy TN candle supply nor did we buy any of their oils.  There really isn't anything to buy when a supplier goes out of business except for their old inventory.  I do believe they used French color and fragrance for their oils.  We use Agilex for over 99% of our oils. 

The fragrance market is a tight market and some of our oils may smell just like TN oils or many others, such as bramble berry, candle science etc.  We have taken the time to tweak base formulation from Agilex to provide what we think is the best product we can offer.  For instance we call them up and say hey we want a Macintosh apple.  They will then send out a sample we test it come up with a list of changes and request a sample be made with those changes.  They send it back and if its great it gets added to our line if not rinse and repeat.  That is the one difference from us and many other suppliers NONE of our oils were the first samples sent out to us.

If anyone is willing to spend the cash outlay you can have virtually ANY oil duped by simply sending 2 oz to a manufacturer and requesting a duplicate.  Minimum order would be about 25 pounds id assume.

We have stated since the beginning we DID NOT BUY TN supply.  Brent and Kimberly are wonderful people and were great to talk to!

I hope that this clears everything up for everyone!

If you have any questions you can contact us directly ( fb messenger is the fstest way to get me directly) or submitting a ticket on the site is the fastest way for site questions.

www.maplestreetcandle.com

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, maryta said:

So, did they buy them or not? Who was it that said MS bought Tenn (was it Tennessee?)

It looks as though he (MS owner) states he did not buy them out.  I asked an innocent question to the realtor that was helping Tennessee owners sell the business if the business was still available and she stated it was not as it was purchased.  I asked where I can find their oils as many of their customers miss them.  I asked if it was MS since he was speaking with the owners before they went out of business and she said I was correct. I don't know who to believe, but if he states there was nothing to buy, I guess it was a misunderstanding on the realtor part?  I am not out to start trouble with that company, I will be purchasing from them as I am hearing great things, Tennessee oils or not.

2 minutes ago, lovelyscents said:

It looks as though he (MS owner) states he did not buy them out.  I asked an innocent question to the realtor that was helping Tennessee owners sell the business if the business was still available and she stated it was not as it was purchased.  I asked where I can find their oils as many of their customers miss them.  I asked if it was MS since he was speaking with the owners before they went out of business and she said I was correct. I don't know who to believe, but if he states there was nothing to buy, I guess it was a misunderstanding on the realtor part?  I am not out to start trouble with that company, I will be purchasing from them as I am hearing great things, Tennessee oils or not.

No worries.  we just didn't want people buying our oils thinking they were tn then finding out they were not and getting upset.

• Like 2

Just now, Maple Street Candle said:

No worries.  we just didn't want people buying our oils thinking they were tn then finding out they were not and getting upset.

Thank you so much for clearing it up!  I honestly was not trying to start rumors, I was just very excited to think we would be able to get our hands on some of their oils.  Therefore, it was just as confusing to me as everyone else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barbara AL said:

I tried to buy the code to True Lavender I wanted it and contacted Kimberlie Brown, she told me she didn't have the codes anymore that she sold them to a big Candle company that is all I know.

That actually sounds distressing...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Wow.......if you remember on Oct. 16 I put up a post here and said I was going to ask the owner of Maple Street if they bought out Tennessee.  I spoke to the owner and he said he didn't buy them out....hmmmmm...Well for whatever reason he told me that I guess he didn't want anyone to know.  Well, I wonder if they will divulge if the oils on their site are the exact oils from Tennessee as I sure could use a lot of them.  I would want to deal with someone honest.

Trappeur

I agree 100 % with you, Trappeur. I do remember that awhile back ago you did a post about asking the owner of MS and you reporting the answer was no.

In my mind, you would think he'd want people to know not the opposite , since they were so popular with many. To me, spreading the word that they are 

carrying the same oils would generate them more business. IDK, maybe Im wrong ??? Lets see what you can find out about the oils being exact. Please 

post your findings. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, lovelyscents said:

Thank you so much for clearing it up!  I honestly was not trying to start rumors, I was just very excited to think we would be able to get our hands on some of their oils.  Therefore, it was just as confusing to me as everyone else. 

You did nothing wrong Lovely....We all know that all you were asking  if  they bought out Tennessee just so we knew what supplier now carried Tennessees oils so we could now purchase from them, thats all.  So you did good and nothing wrong at all.;)

Like Moonstar said and I agree 100% you would think that it would only be a plus and more business for Maple Street if they did now carry the original oils that Tennessee had.  Many companies like for example Rustic Escentuals actually do list right on their website what lines they offered from other companies that they bought out.  And too even if the company has for example like Rustic Escentuals they have their own Birthday Cake they offer , but they also have another Birthday cake by a company they bought out.  So they have 2 different birthday cakes.  I think this is good.  Even though they offer 2 birthday cakes one of the birthday cakes like say doesn't work in your wax that you use, so there is another option that the other birthday could would work.  That is how  I Iook at it.  And who cares anyway?  They have a bigger selection.

When I spoke to Sam (I believe he is the owner of Maple Street) he was very very nice and like I said, he said he didn't buy Tennessee out.  So really when I think about it, what reason would he say he didn't buy them out?.....I really can't think of any reason to.  As a matter of fact he told me the name of his supplier who creates his oils and really he didn't have to divulge his source in my honest opinion.   So I thought that was really nice that he did that.   I don't divulge my sources to anyone and tell them where I buy from if a customer asks me.  It's none of their business.  When I had my store, I would have people ask me the names of my sources and there is no way that I was going to tell them.  I worked hard enough to develop a shop that was very unique and different from others and there was no way I was going to give out names of my sources.  I think it is disrespectful of people actually if they ask me the name of the company where I buy my jars or oils or wax from.  I'm not talking about Craft server here.  I'm talking about customers or clients.  I would never myself ask a business owner the names of their sources and I hate it if they ask me.  It's not too often it happens, but once in a while it does and I just come flat out and say, "I'm sorry, but I don't divulge my sources".  The day I spoke to Same at Maple Street I was very impressed with him talking about his business with me and he was very kind and I am going to order some oils from him soon...I've just been busy and haven't had a chance yet.  Honest people I will give my business to.

What I don't understand is though, why would that real estate woman say Maple Street bought Tennessee out.  She knows exactly who bought them out.....can't imagine why she said that.  I did leave a couple messages with Kimberlie at the time when she had her business for sale to please call me as I was interested in finding out more info in buying all her codes....but she never would return any of my calls....oh well...

So bottom line line here I was thinking, maybe Maple Street can duplicate the oils that some of us want if we send them the 2oz that he needs.  I bet he would!  If there are enough of us to come together on some scents we want, why not we get together and commit and do this? I know I would.  I would go in on Pumpkin Pecan Waffles, Lavender, Cinnamon Broom, Chocolate Nut Brownies..... I bet they even might put them in their line?  That's my opinion.

Trappeur

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

You did nothing wrong Lovely....We all know that all you were asking  if  they bought out Tennessee just so we knew what supplier now carried Tennessees oils so we could now purchase from them, thats all.  So you did good and nothing wrong at all.;)

Like Moonstar said and I agree 100% you would think that it would only be a plus and more business for Maple Street if they did now carry the original oils that Tennessee had.  Many companies like for example Rustic Escentuals actually do list right on their website what lines they offered from other companies that they bought out.  And too even if the company has for example like Rustic Escentuals they have their own Birthday Cake they offer , but they also have another Birthday cake by a company they bought out.  So they have 2 different birthday cakes.  I think this is good.  Even though they offer 2 birthday cakes one of the birthday cakes like say doesn't work in your wax that you use, so there is another option that the other birthday could would work.  That is how  I Iook at it.  And who cares anyway?  They have a bigger selection.

When I spoke to Sam (I believe he is the owner of Maple Street) he was very very nice and like I said, he said he didn't buy Tennessee out.  So really when I think about it, what reason would he say he didn't buy them out?.....I really can't think of any reason to.  As a matter of fact he told me the name of his supplier who creates his oils and really he didn't have to divulge his source in my honest opinion.   So I thought that was really nice that he did that.   I don't divulge my sources to anyone and tell them where I buy from if a customer asks me.  It's none of their business.  When I had my store, I would have people ask me the names of my sources and there is no way that I was going to tell them.  I worked hard enough to develop a shop that was very unique and different from others and there was no way I was going to give out names of my sources.  I think it is disrespectful of people actually if they ask me the name of the company where I buy my jars or oils or wax from.  I'm not talking about Craft server here.  I'm talking about customers or clients.  I would never myself ask a business owner the names of their sources and I hate it if they ask me.  It's not too often it happens, but once in a while it does and I just come flat out and say, "I'm sorry, but I don't divulge my sources".  The day I spoke to Same at Maple Street I was very impressed with him talking about his business with me and he was very kind and I am going to order some oils from him soon...I've just been busy and haven't had a chance yet.  Honest people I will give my business to.

What I don't understand is though, why would that real estate woman say Maple Street bought Tennessee out.  She knows exactly who bought them out.....can't imagine why she said that.  I did leave a couple messages with Kimberlie at the time when she had her business for sale to please call me as I was interested in finding out more info in buying all her codes....but she never would return any of my calls....oh well...

So bottom line line here I was thinking, maybe Maple Street can duplicate the oils that some of us want if we send them the 2oz that he needs.  I bet he would!  If there are enough of us to come together on some scents we want, why not we get together and commit and do this? I know I would.  I would go in on Pumpkin Pecan Waffles, Lavender, Cinnamon Broom, Chocolate Nut Brownies..... I bet they even might put them in their line?  That's my opinion.

Trappeur

One way to find out once and for all is public records at the county or city. Personally, I don't need to know that badly but I know many

of you do. Unless the true buyers names isn't disclosed but rather a LLC ( Limited Liability Company ) was used hiding their indenity. Not sure if that can be done anymore though. 

• Like 2

Yes, me too....I don't need to know that badly myself though it would be nice to be able to get the same oils as one of my accounts has stopped ordering the Waffle being I haven't come up with one yet to replace Tennessees.....But it is not life or death for me.  I'll just move one.  Then of course of someone did buy the codes it would be nice to know who....So if no one needs something to do, by all means go for it.....just let us know! ha! lol

Trappeur

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Thank you, that truly is all I was trying to do is help everyone.  I also did not post it to get people excited for nothing or just to be disappointed.  If there was even a slight possibility that I thought she wasn't sure, I wouldn't have shared.  As far as her response (I saved her texts) vs the owner of MS, very conflicting.  Oh well, I am not trying to turn this into a big issue as it will only be me looked at badly in the end since I was technically the middle man.  

• Like 2