Tennessee Candle Closing End OF August

Moonstar

25 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Was Pumpkin Pecan Waffles the original one made famous by B&B?

Trappeur

Yes it was - several years ago I believe.  I think I still have an old candle jar hid back somewhere :)

3 hours ago, Barbara AL said:

I am assuming they duped some of Tennessee Candles Fragrances since it says type

TCS's True Lavender has a flash point of 200, and I notice AFI's true lavender type has a flashpoint of 133. I wonder if it is the same as the original version?Maybe Fragrance Buddy had AFI dupe this oil. I notice they have True Lavender on their site. Has anyone tried it to compare? 

I need a replacement for TCS's Love Spell too.

8 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Compare the IFRA between AFI and the original. That is a good starting point. I would call AFI for details to get it right from the horses mouth.

Fragrance buddy's IFRA is different than what AFI states. FB's True lavender type flashpoint is 200, same as TCS's. I don't have the IFRA on the original version. I will add it to my next FB order to compare. 

I found FB's IFRA carts are largely different for all of their fragrances, which makes sense because she dupes the originals at a different lab than the originals.  They are not the original codes from the original manufacturer.

On the candle science ones at AFI, check the ifras. I am getting error messages on AFI periodically tonight, not sure if it is me or their site. I was trying to compare golden rose since I know it is in both places currently. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I signed up to let you all know that I've asked Nurture Soap to dupe the TCS FOs.  They have kindly agreed to do it and will have some of them available later this year.  I had been stocking this thread hoping to hear that somebody will buy them or dupe the oils.  Sadly, it became clear that these FOs weren't going to be available retail any time soon .

I'm a hobbyist soaper and I liked many of the TCS FOs.  The scents are clean, behaved in cp and played very well in blends.  I'm hoping that Nurture likes them enough to offer many of them for sale.  If anybody has a favorite or want to add their favorite to the duping list, please let Nurture Soap know about your interest.  I have to check my stock and will make a list of the ones I have this weekend.

PS. I'll be buying the FOs just like everybody else.  I don't benefit in any way and I don't sell.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Soapmaker145 said:

I signed up to let you all know that I've asked Nurture Soap to dupe the TCS FOs.  They have kindly agreed to do it and will have some of them available later this year.  I had been stocking this thread hoping to hear that somebody will buy them or dupe the oils.  Sadly, it became clear that these FOs weren't going to be available retail any time soon .

I'm a hobbyist soaper and I liked many of the TCS FOs.  The scents are clean, behaved in cp and played very well in blends.  I'm hoping that Nurture likes them enough to offer many of them for sale.  If anybody has a favorite or want to add their favorite to the duping list, please let Nurture Soap know about your interest.  I have to check my stock and will make a list of the ones I have this weekend.

PS. I'll be buying the FOs just like everybody else.  I don't benefit in any way and I don't sell.

Good to know someone may carry out there, but isn't this the company that says you have to buy 10 lbs minimum or am I thinking of someone else? Will be interesting to see your list. 

• Like 1

No Nurture sells in smaller (to larger) quantities.  They've just duped some of the Mad Oils FOs because MO stopped carrying their oils in smaller quantities. This is why I thought of asking them to dupe the TCS oils before I run out.    

Here is what I have in:

~1lb+: True Lavender, Peach Raspberry Magnolia, Redwood Cedar, Tangerine Dreams, Forest Muse, Sweet Musk

~2 to 4 oz: Under the tree, VBN, Sweat Pea, Lovespell, Dried Apple Wreath, Lilac, Spicy Apples&Peaches

~1oz:  Chocolate Nut Brownie, Brown sugar & Honey, Buttercream, Sweet coconut, Birthday Cake, Georgia Peach, Honeysuckle Passion, lemon Chiffon Pie, Fruit Loops, Fruit Slices, Hot Maple Toddy, Be delicious, Ocean Fresh, Flowerbomb Type,  Butt Naked, Sugar Cookie, Butterscotch Brulee, Fresh Strawberry, Egg Nog, Spiced Clove, Spiced Cranberry, Gingerbread House, Red Velvet Cupcake, Christmas Tree, Christmas Splendor, Pumpkin Souffle, Strawberry Cheesecake, Mulberry.

I was able to buy a few (but not all) of the ones I liked when TCS announced the sale.  I plan on sending the ones in the top 2 lines to Nurture.  I can contribute the ones in 1oz categories if anybody is interested.  

FYI: Candle Cocoon Neroli de la Luna is an exact dupe for Redwood Cedar (at least in soap).  Branbleberry Summer Fling is a poor dupe for Peach Raspberry Magnolia if anybody is looking.  The TCS version is much stronger, doesn't discolor and is much cleaner smelling than BB.  

• Like 3

Well I have a few of Tennessee's. Wish someone had the strength of their Apple Cinnamon. Now I'll have to seek out what we have and add to the list. If Nurture is up to duping ... well I'll be game to try to help. Seems we had some you don't, but my partner is currently into moving everything around and out of here but fails to bring stuff back ... grrr! 

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Jennifer McCandliss said:

I have been searching high and low for a dupe of TCS Sweet Musk.  I've literally tried a dozen places.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  Thank you!

Sweet Musk was duped from Magestic Mountain Sage they have the fragrance.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2017 at 2:15 PM, Soapmaker145 said:

No Nurture sells in smaller (to larger) quantities.  They've just duped some of the Mad Oils FOs because MO stopped carrying their oils in smaller quantities. This is why I thought of asking them to dupe the TCS oils before I run out.    

Here is what I have in:

~1lb+: True Lavender, Peach Raspberry Magnolia, Redwood Cedar, Tangerine Dreams, Forest Muse, Sweet Musk

~2 to 4 oz: Under the tree, VBN, Sweat Pea, Lovespell, Dried Apple Wreath, Lilac, Spicy Apples&Peaches

~1oz:  Chocolate Nut Brownie, Brown sugar & Honey, Buttercream, Sweet coconut, Birthday Cake, Georgia Peach, Honeysuckle Passion, lemon Chiffon Pie, Fruit Loops, Fruit Slices, Hot Maple Toddy, Be delicious, Ocean Fresh, Flowerbomb Type,  Butt Naked, Sugar Cookie, Butterscotch Brulee, Fresh Strawberry, Egg Nog, Spiced Clove, Spiced Cranberry, Gingerbread House, Red Velvet Cupcake, Christmas Tree, Christmas Splendor, Pumpkin Souffle, Strawberry Cheesecake, Mulberry.

I was able to buy a few (but not all) of the ones I liked when TCS announced the sale.  I plan on sending the ones in the top 2 lines to Nurture.  I can contribute the ones in 1oz categories if anybody is interested.  

FYI: Candle Cocoon Neroli de la Luna is an exact dupe for Redwood Cedar (at least in soap).  Branbleberry Summer Fling is a poor dupe for Peach Raspberry Magnolia if anybody is looking.  The TCS version is much stronger, doesn't discolor and is much cleaner smelling than BB.  

Any chance you might consider sending in chocolate nut brownie?

23 minutes ago, Barbara AL said:

I have MMS's Sweet Musk it is a dupe of Coty Tribe Musk.

Can I buy a small sniffie of it from you? I am very curious . A drop on a piece of paper towel in a folded piece of aluminum foil will do the trick.

On 6/11/2017 at 0:36 PM, soshiegirl said:

I sent a box of the TCS FOs to Nurture.  I asked Carrie to test the FOs and pick what she likes for duping.  I'll check this weekend to see if the chocolate nut brownie was among them.  She planned on waiting until they moved into their new location to do the duplications because of space limitation.  

I had the MMS Sweet Musk few years back and I didn't care for it in soap.  The TCS smelled different to me.  It is very strong and lovely in soap. It discolored a light pistachio green and stayed that way.  It survived a long cure without morphing or DOS.   I dumped the soap I made with the MMS SM.  Maybe MMS reformulated their SM after I tested it.  I should have some of the TCS SM and I'm happy to send a sample out for comparison. 

• Like 2

On 6/11/2017 at 0:36 PM, soshiegirl said:

I still have the chocolate nut brownie.  It seems like I didn't send too many of the sweet/foodie scents because I didn't think Nurture would be interested in them.  Their focus is on soapers.   I haven't heard anything from Nurture about the FOs I sent.  Maybe there is another vendor that is more focused on candles that we can send it to.

• Like 1