Got the apple orchard account

Well, I did get the Merciers Apple House account....woo hoo.... You all were rooting for me and I finally did it.  She loved the 16oz canning jar that is embossed with "Mason" on it I selected with not only the red lid, but she also loved the old timey rust lid and black one so she went with all 3 different lids.  That was totally unexpected.  And my first order was 112 candles and I couldn't believe she paid me in full for the order upfront the other day instead of 1/2 deposit.  Now how often does that happen?  That's never happened to me, ever!  She also is going with a 7' tall black cabinet that I twigged out and and 5' wide matching cabinet too.  She also ordered firestarters from me.  She said that if I need more candles to fill up the 2 cabinets to just go ahead and make up what ever it takes with other scents.  Oh and she ordered 17 different fragrances with each fragrance either 6 or 8 of each scent.  So I guess you could say I'm doing the happy dance!  I'm a busy girl right now.  And what she changed on the label was that instead of the background color or the fragrance name going in red, she asked if I could do different backgrounds to co-ordinate with the fragrance name, so I said, yep I could do it.  

So I ordered all my fragrances yesterday and instead of ordering the canning jars from a company, I went to Ace Hardware and they have a dozen Ball jars for 9.99, but I stopped in at Save a Lot (a grocery store here) and they had the same jars for 7.99 a case of 12 but they only had 9 cases and I needed 10 so they guy said they also have the same exact jar but it is the "Harvest" jar with Mason embossed on it and they were 6.99 a case so I bought what I needed and I was a happy camper!  And he said if I start buying from them in quantity like maybe 20 cases I could get 20% off the 6.99.    And no shipping charges on the jars like I would have paid if ordering from a supplier, so another great thing.  Geesh, boy did I luck out on this job all the way around.

Here are a few pictures of how the labels all look like.

Thanks for letting me share.

Trappeur

Merciers%20Apple%20Harvest.png

Merciers%20Georgia%20Peach.png[/url

Merciers%20Campfire%20Marshmallow.png

Merciers%20Orange%20Chili%20Pepper.png

Merciers%20Tobacco%20Barn.png

Merciers%20Blue%20Spruce.png

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 12

YEE HAW TRAPPEUR!!!!!!! Hey.....I love to dance......I'll do the happy dance with ya girl!!! :02::woowoo::rockon::icon_highfive::dance2::yay:   ......Wishing you and your new account a very successful and hugely profitable relationship!! Love your labels too!! :yes:

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

Thankyou thankyou everyone!  Now lets just hope THEY SELL once the candles get in there......It's always great to get a new account and the -first order....it's just getting reorders that the thing is.  But I am so surprized with as huge as that store is and with the few other lines she has there that there is no canning jar candle and that apple house is nothing but a tremendously huge canning jar place.  She did tell me that the few other lines she has are all the upscale spa-ish type scents and they don't sell quickly so mine should do great....well I hope so  She did say that I better be prepared for the fall because it will be a mad house.  So I hope they sell.  This area is a big tourist area and there are a lot of little country shops around up here and I see lots of canning jars but was so surprized she didn't have any, so I'm hoping I could be an ace in the hole here.   We shall see.  Do you think 13.99 retail price which she will sell these at is a good price?

Ok Gsmakingsoap I'll get some pictures in the cabinets once in there and put up.

Thanks everyone.

Trappeur

• Like 2

Thankyou thankyou everyone!  Now lets just hope THEY SELL once the candles get in there......It's always great to get a new account and the -first order....it's just getting reorders that the thing is.  But I am so surprized with as huge as that store is and with the few other lines she has there that there is no canning jar candle and that apple house is nothing but a tremendously huge canning jar place.  She did tell me that the few other lines she has are all the upscale spa-ish type scents and they don't sell quickly so mine should do great....well I hope so  She did say that I better be prepared for the fall because it will be a mad house.  So I hope they sell.  This area is a big tourist area and there are a lot of little country shops around up here and I see lots of canning jars but was so surprized she didn't have any, so I'm hoping I could be an ace in the hole here.   We shall see.  Do you think 13.99 retail price which she will sell these at is a good price?

I've worked in one of the bigger shops in town that sells Black Crow Candle Pint Jars for $16.95. If you Google them, you will see they are very primitive; they take a few steps to get the finished jar which I believe gets hired out. Then there is one of the more upscale-stores that are selling a soy pint with their own private label on them for $10. Not sure how the person selling them to this store can be making any money. The only thing I can think of is the owner of the store is making them which I highly doubt. So, I think $13.99 is a good price. :)

Edited by GoldieMN