New Fragrance Co in Georgia

grama

DO NOT get Vanilla Caramel Cream -- it's extremely weak OOB and even worse in parasoy wax. I let it cure for over a week and it still had zero HT...even the CT is weak. It's the only one I've had problems with thus far, other than Amber White <~~ too light for candles, but may save it for b&b

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I saw that, Carol. Why on earth anyone would want to brag about an NG dupe is mystifying. If he said it was a MC dupe, I might be a little more impressed. I don't know...it kinda struck me as being a cheap shot.

I've got a list going. I'm still waiting on more reviews. I simply do NOT NOT NOT need more oils.

LOL I feel ya on not needing more oils! I have over 100 and I don't even sell!! Good grief, last thing I ever need is more FO, but what do I do? Order more.. sheesh I couldn't pass up the .99 cent 1oz bottle set price... I only make candles for us and not often at all, so I can't really say as far as those go, but for B&B so far I've been pretty satisfied with the oils. Definately won't replace my regular suppliers, but so far they're on the "keep" list.

Yeah, I saw that, Carol. Why on earth anyone would want to brag about an NG dupe is mystifying. If he said it was a MC dupe, I might be a little more impressed. I don't know...it kinda struck me as being a cheap shot.

I've got a list going. I'm still waiting on more reviews. I simply do NOT NOT NOT need more oils.

Sounds like you won't be happy either way. Why not save your time and money and not try his oils?

I CP'ed Champagne Snow Showers and it worked beautifully in goat milk CP. So far, 100% of his oils have been easy to soap and the scents are strong and very nice. I am sure I will evenatually hit the one that seizes on me but so far so good. I used a lot of Bert's oils and need replacements so I am going with this company for now. Although I did stock up on my favorites with the bulk buys from Bert.

Second - I did not see a brag only a statement that a FO was a dupe of another from NG. Simple fact. If he had not listed it as a dupe someone would have complained too.

Jackbenimble, I just test-burned the swimming pool this morning. I've never smelled the actual scent, but this one threw pretty well and, although not the same, it did have some of the same notes as fresh waterfall mist. I use a parasoy blend. Don't know if that helps you, though.

The only two I really want to try but am holding off right now are the snow and swimming pool both Demeter dupes. If anyone has made candles with them let me know. :-)

Jackbenimble, I just test-burned the swimming pool this morning. I've never smelled the actual scent, but this one threw pretty well and, although not the same, it did have some of the same notes as fresh waterfall mist. I use a parasoy blend. Don't know if that helps you, though.

Thanks RWV- I use soy but I am going to test after the holidays.

I received my oils today. OOB they were all pretty nice. I have to say, love the lids to prevent leakage...but boy was it a bugger for me to get them off. I have bad wrists and it was kinda a nightmare. I plan to switch them to the regular lids. I hope to pour some tomorrow at some point.

I placed yet another order!! This time I ordered Pumpkin Spice, Arabian Nights, and Iced Cranberry (based on the reviews) --- I also got samples of Lavender Nectar, Cinnamon Buns, Coconut Beach, Mulled Berries, and Wild Honeysuckle.

Oh, and Candybee, looking forward to the reviews you post on the oils cuz you know you're gonna cave! ;-)

I have a review on the sugar cookie. I made melts in it and have it burning and it is absolutely awesome and so true to it's name. By far, the best sugar cookie I have found so far........I have a candle made in it but isn't ready to burn yet. I hope I get the same result. I use c-3. I love it!

I also made a candle in iced cranberry mixed with CS mistletoe which should be ready to burn in a couple of days. I'm thinking I should have done 50/50 instead of 2/3 mistletoe and 1/3 iced cranberry as the cold throw is mistletoe that I smell....We shall see in another day.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

Hi Jack,

You have a beautiful, classy, simple and very striking website. And I love your goats milk bar of soap!

Trapp

Thanks Trappeur! Your so sweet to say that! Also I have made my own version of sugar cookie and I do like it but I'm always looking to find a great base to start with. Another one to add to the list. Haha!

Can't wait to hear about your CS Mistletoe and Iced Cran candle! I anxious as to what name you will use for it.

Btw I'm not far from Blue Ridge. In Atlanta here but my Dad grew up in Turtletown TN and my parents use his childhood home as their little country getaway cabin. Anyway just wanted to add that in. Hehe! :-)

I would love for someone to put the Oriental Spice in wax...I'm really a spice lover and sometimes they just smell off until they go in wax.

Me too. If you all are not going to actually use it, send it to me or Lorelei! :P

Edited by Darbla