New Fragrance Co in Georgia

grama

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garden Rain Barrel: CT-Teeny Tiny, HT-None. I had ordered Rainwater from CS on y'alls reviews & even with my poor skills its incredible how strong the CT & HT are! The scent was still in the room this morning even after I removed the jar last night. Thanks!

What wax are you using? I use gb415 soywax, used 1.5oz. pp. I'm getting an awesome throw from the garden rainbarrel. Very simular to CS's rainwater.

Thanks guys... I fell into your rabbit hole, gave in and ordered 20 samples LOL. Will report the findings of the following in Joy Wax when I get them!! ---

butterscotch bread pudding

pumpkin pie

gingerbread

sugar cookie

red velvet cake

apple crumble

swim

summer margarita

mcintosh apple

maple sugar

mediterranean fig

champagne snow

butt naked

iced cranberry

amish harvest

mango papaya

sugared lilac

autumn evening

carrot cake with icing

english ivy

Did anyone happen to get the Glow by J. Lo? It's one of the perfumed oils, so not for use in candles. I have never smelled the original, but was told it was a cleanish smellling fragrance. I'm not sure I like this one.. smells kinda Tinkerbellish from the old perfume. (Am I dating myself here? LOL) I'll play with it a bit and see if I like it but OOB, not so much!

Did anyone happen to get the Glow by J. Lo? It's one of the perfumed oils, so not for use in candles. I have never smelled the original, but was told it was a cleanish smellling fragrance. I'm not sure I like this one.. smells kinda Tinkerbellish from the old perfume. (Am I dating myself here? LOL) I'll play with it a bit and see if I like it but OOB, not so much!

That's why I'm always afraid to buy perfume dupes -- I never know what the original smells like, so I end up changing the name to something else so customers who DO know what it smells like don't/can't complain :)

I wouldn't call the actual J.Lo Glow real clean, I mean it is clean but it has a musky and sweet undertone to it. I would say it is more sweet than clean if that helps.

I'm like you..i have not found a cinnamon buns i like..some smell good, just don't have enough HT

The cinnamon buns gets a 2 thumbs up from me. Strong & smells like homemade cinnamon buns. Very different from others I've tried. This one is a keeper. Yeah, finally.

I wouldn't call the actual J.Lo Glow real clean, I mean it is clean but it has a musky and sweet undertone to it. I would say it is more sweet than clean if that helps.

That does help! I DO smell a soapiness to the perfume, and than the musk.. so maybe this is what it smells like lol. I still haven't played with it.. not time, but your description really helps! Thanks! :)

Ok, I thought i'd take advantage of the free shipping with a $50 purchase, so I got:

2 pounds Sugar Cookie (I can't WAIT to try this one) , 1 pound Butterscotch Bread Pudding, 2 Pounds Mulled Cider and 1 pound Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies

$63 shipped!

Also, Luis said in his email about 20 minutes ago, that there will not be any new oils this week due to his wife having their child this weekend, and being too exhausted.

So, if you were waiting to see what the new oils would be on Monday.. I would order before the free shipping goes away. lol

Edited by Beezy

I got my order and really fast. OOB the chocolate mint smells really good, can't wait to try it in wax and then test the HT. I also got Chocolate Amber BBW type and it smells good (surprised me) and Pumpkin Spice which I have my doubts about once in wax. I hate pumpkin blends because most are overdosed with vanilla and this one doesn't seem to be. Probably won't be very strong in wax but I'm testing it anyway...I like it OOB and never can tell for sure until its in the wax. Right now I use CS Pumpkin Souffle and it's a strong one that the peeps here like (and I hate, lol)

For those of you who use NG's egyptian dragon OF'S the one that got away fo is identical or so close you can't tell any difference. OF's is however a little stronger.

Good to know!! I wish he would put what it is instead of making up new names for them -- it makes you spend unnecessary money. Luckily, I figured out on my own that his Autumn-something was just a dupe of Twilight Woods. In my opinion, it's important to put that info!

Good to know!! I wish he would put what it is instead of making up new names for them -- it makes you spend unnecessary money. Luckily, I figured out on my own that his Autumn-something was just a dupe of Twilight Woods. In my opinion, it's important to put that info!

Yes, I have to agree. I agree the autumn evening smells just like NG's twilight in the woods.

There is another one that smells just like millcreeks cozy home. I think it was his apple/cinnamon.

I got my oils yesterday (pretty fast shipping!) OOB there are only a few I don't like but I can't judge them until I get them in wax.

I will say that Maple and Brown Sugar smells amazing on the skin! I accidentally spilled some on my hand and it's so sweet, warm, and 'vanilla-ey' that I really want to throw it in some lotion!! Can't wait to make a candle out of it!

ChandlerWicks:

I was reading your post about making the status jar candle with The Sugar Cookie scent. You said you used a 9% fragrance oil load. I wondered if you had any trouble with the oil not staying mixed into the wax? I use 4786, and a 5% I had a small amount of separation. At 8%, there was oil left in the bottom of my pour pot. I heat to 185, mix for 1 minute, and pour. I've been having problems with some of these oils, and only by going down to 4% in some cases, have they stayed completely mixed in. I'm afraid they won't have much smell to them, with such low amounts of f.o.

Good Morning Diana,

Not in the pot, I mixed for 2 minutes, I'm watching everything like a hawk. While burning, a weird beige color was sitting on the top of wax. That also happened with 9% FO of hyacinth but not 6%. I figured it was something I was doing wrong!

ChandlerWicks:

I was reading your post about making the status jar candle with The Sugar Cookie scent. You said you used a 9% fragrance oil load. I wondered if you had any trouble with the oil not staying mixed into the wax? I use 4786, and a 5% I had a small amount of separation. At 8%, there was oil left in the bottom of my pour pot. I heat to 185, mix for 1 minute, and pour. I've been having problems with some of these oils, and only by going down to 4% in some cases, have they stayed completely mixed in. I'm afraid they won't have much smell to them, with such low amounts of f.o.

I had started a thread over in the general section, about all the trouble I've been having with the oils dropping out. But on this thread, everyone seems to be having great success with this company's oils. It seems most folks that have posted, use some type of soy wax, so when I noticed that you use paraffin, I had to ask how it was going. I was shocked when you said you were using 9%. I normally use anywhere from 8% to 10% when making tarts. This is the first time I've had oils that wouldn't stay mixed in. Still trying to figure it out.