New Fragrance Co in Georgia

grama

Well damn!!!! I wanted to try his dupe of the swimming pool and snow from Demeter. Oh well guess its a blessing I never did. Because if I had liked them I couldn't get them anymore.

If anyone finds the eBay link please post so we can go bid on stuff!!! :-)

Here is the eBay link but it only shows perfume body oils available.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-5-16-oz-Perfume-Body-Oils-You-Pick-/200611098967?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb55a7157

Edited by jeanie353

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The email I received said he sold it to a company in Puerto Rico to be sold exclusively in that country. I guess we could try to order from there and have them shipped in...just wondering on the shipping costs.

OK....now I"m second guessing myself. Will go check the email and if doesn't say that I will return to correct myself :confused:

Exclusively in PR? That doesn't sound right at all to me. I know it's part of the US so maybe we have a chance to still get oils but who does that? If all of your business ( I would think) comes from the US, why make a move like that? To each his own I guess.

I myself an cutting back on suppliers anyway, too many of them are too wishy washy and unethical. Seems like everyone is going under. I'll sooner buy direct from the manufacture in bulk and pony up the initial investment for 35lbs then be left high and dry like this again. How the hell can we run our business's when the people we rely on so much just up and close without warning? Greenleaf, Just by nature, Berts, SS, KY etc and now this guy.

We have to be able to make candles with out the middle man... that's all they are.

Exclusively in PR? That doesn't sound right at all to me. I know it's part of the US so maybe we have a chance to still get oils but who does that? If all of your business ( I would think) comes from the US, why make a move like that? To each his own I guess.

I myself an cutting back on suppliers anyway, too many of them are too wishy washy and unethical. Seems like everyone is going under. I'll sooner buy direct from the manufacture in bulk and pony up the initial investment for 35lbs then be left high and dry like this again. How the hell can we run our business's when the people we rely on so much just up and close without warning? Greenleaf, Just by nature, Berts, SS, KY etc and now this guy.

We have to be able to make candles with out the middle man... that's all they are.

This is the part in the email about Puerto Rico

"As you may already know, Only Fragrance LLC has been purchased by a Puerto Rican company that will supply oils to a Hispanic Client base exclusively to Puerto Rico. As part of my Non Compete agreement made in conjunction with this company I will no longer be allowed to maintain an online store here in the US."

Louis sounds a scam artist.

Very easy to say he sold to PR so he does not have to give you an explanation. IMO he took your money on false advertising saying he had a factory and manufactures the oils. FALSE ADVERTISING.. Isn't their laws regarding this???

Any reputable company that cares about their customers does not just close their doors especially since said he was building a factory. Did the factory he built move to PR too!!

I would check to see if his business is even registered in the state of Georgia.

If you do not get your oils and money back, I would file with the attorney Generals office.:mad:

Call his work number at the Real Estate office and follow up with him. Hundreds of calls to his office ought to smoke out the real Louis!!:laugh2:

I would not give this man another dime of my money!! Walk always while you can..:tiptoe:

I spoke with Luis this morning via email and he told me that he will be maintaining his distributorship at the same location and will continue selling his fo's but only on ebay because he's not allowed to have an online store for two years per the sales agreement. He said there will be a seller on ebay named Phoenix Fragrance Distributor (not a new name though) that will sell the same fragrances. He's hoping to have the fragrances listed on ebay by this Friday. He said he'd send me the link when he has them listed and I'll post it here when he does.

Seamist - I don't believe he's a scam artist. He is registered with the Georgia SOS as Only Fragrance, LLC (Control No. 11030262 and is Active/Compliant). I've always received my oils in a timely manner and in some cases more than I ordered. I know it sounds fishy and my gut tells me something isn't jiving with what we're being told but he's been legitimate with me from the beginning.

HTH

Russ

I spoke with Luis this morning via email and he told me that he will be maintaining his distributorship at the same location and will continue selling his fo's but only on ebay because he's not allowed to have an online store for two years per the sales agreement. He said there will be a seller on ebay named Phoenix Fragrance Distributor (not a new name though) that will sell the same fragrances. He's hoping to have the fragrances listed on ebay by this Friday. He said he'd send me the link when he has them listed and I'll post it here when he does.

Seamist - I don't believe he's a scam artist. He is registered with the Georgia SOS as Only Fragrance, LLC (Control No. 11030262 and is Active/Compliant). I've always received my oils in a timely manner and in some cases more than I ordered. I know it sounds fishy and my gut tells me something isn't jiving with what we're being told but he's been legitimate with me from the beginning.

HTH

Russ

I also emailed Luis this morning & I'm stocking up on oils. He has my list, just waiting for a paypal invoice. I've never had any problems with Luis. I've also received more then i've ordered. I told him about snowtop so maybe he will reconsider & open back up under a different name. I sure hope so. Best customer service i've ever had.

Well hell... this SUCKS! I ADORE his White Amber (thank goodness I bought a big bottle from the classies) and I can't find it anywhere else!!! That was too fast of a turnaround for a new business and the lack of notice leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. I won't order from him on ebay or where else he might sell at, even if I can never have my Amber White.. (I'm hording that bad boy for myself lol)

I'm not sure what you're talking about Seamist. He never promised me anything. I'm assuming that your statement about his shutting the door in my face refers to his selling his company without notice. If he did indeed sell his company then that's his business. When companies are sold buyers will often times require the seller to sign a non-disclosure and/or non-compete agreement making it impossible for them to let us know what's going on until after the sale is complete. We take risks with every supplier we deal with and those times when others have been sold I don't remember such vitriolic statements being made about their sale.

A lot of his oils worked well in the wax I use, 415, and so yes I would still like to hunt him down and give him my money for those oils, if he is still going to sell them. If he isn't and it is just a scam then I'll move on to another supplier and take my chances with them.

I just don't get it ?

Honestly? Me either. Loyalty is a two way street. This guy wasn't even in business long enough to much develop longterm customr relationships... While I never base my line on one supplier's products, simply to protect myself from people going out of business, changing their lines, etc., I do have favorites and it's really a PITA to have to find replacements suddenly... especially right before Christmas, the busiest time of year for all of us! I'm so sorry for people caught up in this and left holding the bag... I have to say he'd never see another dime from me.

Stella, I have to respectfully disagree with your statement that loyalty is a two way street. It would be nice if loyalty was a two way street but in reality it isn't. For example, let's say you're (speaking of you in general terms) rocking along with your candle business and someone comes up to you and offers you $500K for your company with the condition that you would have to sign a non-disclosure agreement until the sale was complete. Are you saying that your loyalty to your customers would prevent you from making the sale? I don't think many companies would say they couldn't do the deal because they're morally obligated to be loyal to their customers. It's like my wife always says, "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission" and most business owners would make the sale and then thank their customers for their business, their loyalty, blah, blah, blah and offer some excuse for them selling their company. Was KY loyal to their customers? How about Taylored Concepts or JBN?