New Fragrance Co in Georgia

grama

I'm just in the beginning stage so of course trying everything. I have only gotten great HT's from:

Gardenia

Hyacinth

Birthday Cake

Blueberry Blastoff

Macintosh Apple

The following are:

Jamaica Me Crazy-Weak

Fruit Slices-Really great unbelieveable CT no HT at all except for carmelized sugar smell

Strawberry Cheesecake-Weak, Yuch

Bird of Paradise-Weak

Coconut Lime Verbana-Weak

Garden Rain Barrel-weak compared to CS's Rain Water

Butterscotch Bread Pudding-weak

Peaches & Cream-yuch nothing but weak baby food smell. Now since I'm inexperienced I really feel its something I'm doing wrong since everyone else says they are great. I'll reorder all of the above fO's again to retry because its really not fair for me to judge since I'm having so much trouble.

I had started a thread over in the general section, about all the trouble I've been having with the oils dropping out. But on this thread, everyone seems to be having great success with this company's oils. It seems most folks that have posted, use some type of soy wax, so when I noticed that you use paraffin, I had to ask how it was going. I was shocked when you said you were using 9%. I normally use anywhere from 8% to 10% when making tarts. This is the first time I've had oils that wouldn't stay mixed in. Still trying to figure it out.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was the first one to mention this company? Shame on you!!! ;) So I held off this long, placed a damn order tonight.

Looked at all the reviews...damn if I didn't buy lb bottles too, based on the glowing reviews. Frig it...not dealing with samples after the mr missy thing and getting a few of his oils I LOVED and never could get again. So...screw it all I'm a buying lb'ers! And buy I did for cripes sake. Do I sound disgusted with myself for not being able to hold out on getting oils that I really do not need??? And from another oils supplier that I really don't need?

For craps sake I don't even sell like some of you...just family and friends, and only recently small gatherings at a local winery. Do I really need more oils to add to the 200 I have?

Yes, Yes I do LOLOL. Here is what I got

"THE" Sugar Cookie

Lavender Nectar

Pumpkin Spice

CHAMPAGNE SNOW SHOWERS by Lush (Type*)

Soda Pop!

Butterscotch Bread Pudding

Purple Sage & Mint Leaf

Coconut Beach

Apple Crumble Pie

The One that Got Away

Wolf Armor.

Iced Cranberry Bath and Body Works (Type*) Fragrance Oil for Candles

Debbie, I am with you. I do not sell and this is just one big crazy expensive awesome hobby for me and it sure seems to bring out an OCD tendency that I didnt realize I had. Holy Canoli!!!

I also placed an order (set to arrive tomorrow, happy dance....) for a pound of pumpkin spice (tried it and love it), plus a pound of maple sugar & butterscotch bread pudding, which I havent sampled either of. I really hope they will be good. If not, I can add them to the over 300 oils that I have accumulated (thank God they are mostly 1 oz bottles).

Dessa,

I took the plunge too after talking with Luis yesterday. I do hope I'm impressed with his oils as I could use a good supplier in the south. Free shipping with orders over $50. I placed an order last night and received shipment notification tonight. Can't wait to test these in cp soap!

Cool Water Type for men

Blue Sugar Type for men

Coconut Beach

Autumn Evening

Essential Oils- Eucalyptus, Lavender, Tea Tree, and Peppermint

was just browsing around this new store... noticed their "about us" page really doesn't say much about them ...

anyone know how long this company has actually been open for business ? not very long I don't think.

also read on the site they are already moving in 60 days ?

and ..... why would a store put "best sellers" on the clearance rack ????

Jo

was just browsing around this new store... noticed their "about us" page really doesn't say much about them ...

anyone know how long this company has actually been open for business ? not very long I don't think.

also read on the site they are already moving in 60 days ?

and ..... why would a store put "best sellers" on the clearance rack ????

Jo

They opened may 12th. Currently he/they are just making the oils in house. They are having a B&M store built & will move into it when it's ready. All this info is on their website.

They put the oils on the clearence rack to get people to try the oils at a cheap price. Check out their facebook page. Onlyfragrance.net

putting 'best sellers' on sale to draw people in .... makes sense.

but the clearance rack is for things that didn't sell well so you're just trying to get rid of them and are usually willing to keep dropping the price until you practically give them away just to get them out of your inventory

'best sellers' don't belong on a clearance rack

Their website is probably set up to tag them best sellers when a certain amount is sold. Those two FO's were "on sale" recently and probably became best sellers even though they are clearance items. And why does it matter?

Yep, they weren't best sellers when I bought mine.

Edited by carol k

Carol k, could you describe the cinnamon buns components to your nose? It's one of those elusive scents for me too--haven't ever really found one I just loved. Thanks:)

What wax are you using? I use gb415 soywax, used 1.5oz. pp. I'm getting an awesome throw from the garden rainbarrel. Very simular to CS's rainwater.

Sugar Cookie - Alright.. not THAT good.. but smells delicious

Butterscotch Bread Pudding - Smells similar to JS BB Country Sweet Muffins

Mulled Cider - Smells good!

Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies - one of the BEST Cookie scents I've ever smelled!

I also got a bunch of samples.. the only one that really stuck out to me was RED VELVET CAKE.. WOW.. how delicious!! (I will be switching over to his Red Velvet Cake as soon as I use up the rest of my current RVC)

Sugar Cookie - Alright.. not THAT good.. but smells delicious

Butterscotch Bread Pudding - Smells similar to JS BB Country Sweet Muffins

Mulled Cider - Smells good!

Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies - one of the BEST Cookie scents I've ever smelled!

I also got a bunch of samples.. the only one that really stuck out to me was RED VELVET CAKE.. WOW.. how delicious!! (I will be switching over to his Red Velvet Cake as soon as I use up the rest of my current RVC)

Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies = Hansel & Gretel's House (CS)

So happy that the Amish Harvest is the same as one I have been getting from another supplier. Butterscotch Bread Pudding smelled great OOB! Cinnamon Pumpkin Bread OOB smells too heavy on the cinnamon and too light on the pumpkin, but to me all pumpkin oils change in wax (ones I love OOB smell off to me when burning in J223/464).

I used Champagne Snow Showers (TYPE) in a cp goat milk soap yesterday. No A no D. Used 1 oz PPO and it behaved perfectly and smells great. That is my third oil to use in GM CP soap and it is so nice to have a new FO that doesn't seize or do other strange things. I will continue to buy these oils for CP soap as long as the prices don't go sky high and maybe even then for my favorites.

My other new FO from an established supplier seized and I will have to rebatch, which I hate.

I used Champagne Snow Showers (TYPE) in a cp goat milk soap yesterday. No A no D. Used 1 oz PPO and it behaved perfectly and smells great. That is my third oil to use in GM CP soap and it is so nice to have a new FO that doesn't seize or do other strange things. I will continue to buy these oils for CP soap as long as the prices don't go sky high and maybe even then for my favorites.

My other new FO from an established supplier seized and I will have to rebatch, which I hate.

Good to know cuz that one smells amazing in a tart! So far, hubby has only cp soaped the purple sage & mint from him -- it was so light out of the bottle that I was worried, but the notes really came alive.

Please continue to post your cp results with his oils....

I started some pouring yesterday as I am making up tart cups to give to a few ladies that work in large facilities that want to do a "party" by selling to co-workers in exchange for candles. I poured some of the scents into Nature Wax C-3 - it was a sample box from Filmore and figured it would be ok for sniffie purposes only, again poured into portion cups.

I do realized some of these may need more cure time, so I will report any changes in a week but here is what I have so far:

Sugar Cookie - smells like just about every other sugar cookie i've smelled and it's CT is strong so I'm sure it will sell. I have never been a sugar cookie fan myself because it always smells chemical to me but that is just IMO.

Gingerbread Cookie - very spicy, less cookie. lots of ginger. good CT

Iced Cranberry - excellent CT, I loved this one! really delicious!

Butterscotch Bread Pudding - I smell more butterscotch than anything and hoped for a little more bread pudding in there. It does smell yummy though maybe a dash of some other bakery scent would round it out more? Excellent CT

Apple Crumble - definitely smell apple waiting for the crust to appear but excellent CT

Red Velvet Cake - you can really smell the chocolate on this one, excellent CT will report when it "blooms" into more

Butt Naked - I have never smelled this from another company but OOB it smelled fruity but in wax it now smells more like what your skin would smell like after putting tanning lotion on it and laying in sun for a bit. It's nice though, reminded me of being poolside or at the beach. Strong CT.

I will let you know when I pour the other and also how these ones smell in a week!

This guy sounds like a snake oil salesman to me. I haven't ordered. Probably never will.

I have had my doubts about this company since the beginning. Just to many unanswered questions.

So does anyone know where or when his new facility with in house professionals will be?

The website says they will be moving in 60 days and has said that since this thread started on 7/11/11.

So the 60 days is about up and no more info????

Why doesn't he post the new address they are moving too?

You would think he would want people to know where his new facility will be??

The site states:

Only Fragrance is not a reseller; but a dedicated group of fragrance professionals committed to creating the finest fragrances available anywhere on the market today. Because we make every fragrance in house, we can offer our clients unparalleled prices and a level of consistent product you can’t find anywhere else.

Doesn't a FO manufacturer need a plant to make FO's??? Where is this place?? Is he making these out of his home??

Does this company have chemists working for him? Or is he a chemist.. I thought he sold real estate???

Like I said.. Just does not add up for me.. I am anxious to see if this new facility opens up.

IMO - Sounds like a reseller to me..

How can you manufacturer hundreds of oils in house and not already have a physical address. I mean really???

Where are these oils coming from??

But hey... if the oils are good, with good prices prices, and you are all happy, then all is good for you.....

Not ripping him apart, just trying to figure out how this "manufacturer" operates.

But - If he is selling to all of you and leading you all to believe he "manufactures" these oils when in fact he is a reseller, then I would be very upset. Just sayin.....

I received all my fragrances on Saturday and cp soaped. I used room temp lye water solution and warm oils, my recipe always traces pretty quickly cause I use a lot of hard oils, and castor, shea also used 180 grams of coc milk. I had everything ready to go (molds, colorants, fragrances measured and ready to go) Here's my results, though I'm having allergy/sinus issues this morning, so may have to update on them.

Cool Water- Comparing this oil to Bert's that I normally use which is a strong one, oob comparison I thought the fragoil.net one was medium in strength and smelled really nice. No problems soaping this one, added some blue mica and added a white swirl. scent smells very nice/medium scent in the cut soap bars as well. I like it, not as strong as Bert's though, but smells better/stronger than my BCN bars.

Now that my sniffer is working a little better, I'm finding that their Cool Water fragrance is too light in my soap at 1 oz.

here's some more reviews: I used the same recipe for all of these and same method as previously posted for Cool Water:

Coconut Beach- Loved it oob..This one is a finicky FO for cp soap. When I added the FO at light trace it thickened fairly quickly but was able to pour it in the mold (thick pudding consistency) so had to work very quickly. It went through complete gel in about 20 minutes. and notice some of the FO was on top of the soap and all the sides were oily and I thoroughly blended it in before pouring in the mold. Most of it absorbed back in the soap though, cut the bars Sunday evening and today I can barely detect any scent whatsoever. Soap looks good though, but I highly doubt the scent is gonna come back as the bars continue to cure. If it does, then I'll update..

Autumn Evening-about the same as the cool water review, just too light for my soap. I do have about a 6month old bar of the Twilight Woods dupe by NG. The NG soap is stronger in comparison. Soaped beautifully though, too bad it's weak. Will update if there's a change.

Blue Sugar Type- First time I've soaped this fragrance type. It seems a little bit stronger in the cut bars than the other fragrances that I've tried so far. I'm detecting maybe some anise and spice notes. I did use some blue mica for colorant and added a black swirl. Soaped beautifully for me, no A but the cut bars today are a dark olive green color.

I took a sniff last night with those already poured and I do NOT like Butterscotch Bread Pudding at all... no offense -- but it smells like butterscotch b-ttcrack (sorry to be gross) and that was the one I really wanted to smell awesome!

On another note the Iced Cranberry is still awesome. Apple Crumble & Gingerbread are becoming more complex. Sugar Cookie is still ok, still excellent cold HT but nothing to write home about as far as unique cookie scent.

I will keep updating on these.

I know I said it was unlikely I would ever order from this fella, but I think I've changed my mind. I believe I'll get 4 or 5 just to amuse myself.

Usually these great deals turn out to be not so great. Scent Event comes to mind, lol.

We shall see.

On his facebook page he has several new ones this week;

Sweet orange & chili pepper -says to be an ng dupe

green garden

frostbite

arabian nights

sugared pecans

cinnamon red hot candy

baby liam

Yeah, I saw that, Carol. Why on earth anyone would want to brag about an NG dupe is mystifying. If he said it was a MC dupe, I might be a little more impressed. I don't know...it kinda struck me as being a cheap shot.

I've got a list going. I'm still waiting on more reviews. I simply do NOT NOT NOT need more oils.

Yeah, I saw that, Carol. Why on earth anyone would want to brag about an NG dupe is mystifying. If he said it was a MC dupe, I might be a little more impressed. I don't know...it kinda struck me as being a cheap shot.

I've got a list going. I'm still waiting on more reviews. I simply do NOT NOT NOT need more oils.

I thought so too. I will get a sample. Someone said ng's smelled like millcreeks. We shell see.