New Fragrance Co in Georgia

grama

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys are bad.... I kept reading this post ... then I broke down & ordered 10 samples.

I use a soy blend... I'll post results after I pour them.....

LOL that's what we're here for :) I use a soy blend too! I want to place another order, but I got get some more of the samples put into wax before I go buying the big bottles....there's a few that are iffy OOB but think I may like in wax (Champagne Snow Showers and Birch & Fern)

I've poured 19 testers in parasoy. I've burned some and here are my results so far: (BTW, poured at 9%)

butt naked--similar to others of the same name with very good throw

sugar cookie--one of the top 3 sc scents I've ever tested (and I've tested many)--excellent throw

cinnamon vanilla cone and creme brulee scents--nice scents, just wasn't strong enough

coconut lime verbena--didn't think it was a good dupe OOB, but once in wax it really came to life; an excellent dupe and threw very well

fluffy cupcake and plumeria scents--didn't care for, threw OK

apple cinnamon--baked apple with cinnamon, excellent throw

hot apple pie--heavier on the baked apple and had excellent throw

sugared strawberries--nice true strawberry, excellent throw. I also mixed this with Ky's birthday cake for strawberry shortcake--very nice

cranberry clove--smells like pomegranate from other suppliers I have used, excellent throw

lemon buttercream icing--smelled lemon, but had more of a maple smell than buttercream

citrus linen--excellent throw, but I detected slight soda pop notes as part of the citrus, if that makes sense

mango papaya--similar to one from NG, excellent throw

That's all I've test-burned so far.

I still need to get the pink sugar in some soap or lotion to test as well.

I will say this company has been very nice to deal with--good customer service--sure hope that continues.

Edited by RWV

I soaped two of the scents today with excellent results. No acceleration from either and I used 1 oz of FO per PPO. Also made goat milk soap. CP

Coconut Lime Verbena and Purple Sage and Mint. The Purple Sage and Mint is one of my favorites that I bought. Sure hope it smells as good in the cured soap.

OK adillenal you caught my attention with purple sage and mint. Can you describe it more? THe scents Jackbenimble posted cocked an eyebrow here too lol.

It says- fresh cut sage with just a touch of citrus and minty finish. Sounds interesting.

Edited by jackbenimble

I forgot to mention, I soaped their Patchouli this week as well.. blended it with some warm vanilla that I had. Smells great! It is a very masculine smell in my opinion though. I will probably be giving this batch to my bf to use.:rolleyes2

I bought some Wild Honeysuckle, Jamaica Me Crazy, and Kush. The Kush smells like baby powder. Definately doesn't smell anything close to what the name implies lol. I made a few candles with it but didn't test them yet. The other two smell great OOB.

Okay, results on 24 hours of cure time in parasoy tart wax:

Butt Naked - STRONG cherry top note with lingering notes of vanilla and something else sweet I can't pinpoint...VERY GOOD THROW

Birch & Fern Forest - VERY clean, fresh, and green -- smell lots of greenery and not much woodsy. If you like bamboo-type scents, then you'll enjoy this one. EXCELLENT THROW

Champagne Snow Showers - REALLY comes to life in the wax -- I smell all sorts of scents, but can't really pinpoint anything specific. It is very clean and fresh, but I don't know that snow showers are what come to mind when I smell this. I'm reminded of clean cotton, but only the clean part and not the cotton (if that makes sense) -- it's definitely not a laundry scent, but has that WOW factor when you smell it. EXCELLENT THROW

Welp, got my mail today as I have been waiting my order to arrive from Only Fragrance and would'nt you know it , it was wrong. I ordered 16oz of Amish Harvest and 16 oz of Sweet Pea (BBW) and they sent my 16oz of Home Sweet Home :) Well they did get the Sweet right but still 16oz short. Soooo aggravated right now, I was so psyched to get some pours done tonight. Emailed them and I await the response.

WoW is all I can say. Louis responded back to my email and said he did notice the mistake and would ship my order Monday and to keep the Home Sweet Home that was sent out in error for my patience and understanding. The response came in less than two hrs on a Saturday which blew my mind. I did not expect to hear anything until at least monday. Kudo's on the customer service on his part. Either way Home Sweet Home is awesome.... Made a few testers and the cold throw is unbelievable, I am almost starting to think I may have added too much , 1/2 oz to 1/2 lb of wax. Had my neighbor and mother in law give it the sniff test and they were both just blown away by it. I may have to really concentrate on this one and get some more.

darrell, I think our orders were mixed up. I got your Amish Harvest and Sweet Pea and you got my Home Sweet Home. He didn't have HSH in stock when he shipped out my order initially, so that bottle was the last of mine. Glad to hear that it's a nice fragrance. I grabbed some one ouncers of the Amish Harvest. I think you are really going to like that one as well. I'm not a foodie scent person and I like it.

Luis has been very responsive to emails and phone calls and I think he's kind of crowded with inventory right now. He told me that they are in the process of building a retail store and will carry a few more items as well. So, is probably very busy with construction and trying to keep up with orders.

Haven't had a chance to try anything in wax or B&B, but liking the results others are getting. I'm glad to hear the scents are a little more complex once they are put into product. One fragrance I picked up that hasn't been mentioned is Gold Egyptian Musk. This has to be the thickest fragrance I have ever seen. It's the consistency of honey. Although he has it listed as working in wax, I wonder what it might do to the wick. It's a very light scent OOB and I hope it develops in soap, lotion or wax.

darrell, I think our orders were mixed up. I got your Amish Harvest and Sweet Pea and you got my Home Sweet Home. He didn't have HSH in stock when he shipped out my order initially, so that bottle was the last of mine. Glad to hear that it's a nice fragrance. I grabbed some one ouncers of the Amish Harvest. I think you are really going to like that one as well. I'm not a foodie scent person and I like it.

Luis has been very responsive to emails and phone calls and I think he's kind of crowded with inventory right now. He told me that they are in the process of building a retail store and will carry a few more items as well. So, is probably very busy with construction and trying to keep up with orders.

Haven't had a chance to try anything in wax or B&B, but liking the results others are getting. I'm glad to hear the scents are a little more complex once they are put into product. One fragrance I picked up that hasn't been mentioned is Gold Egyptian Musk. This has to be the thickest fragrance I have ever seen. It's the consistency of honey. Although he has it listed as working in wax, I wonder what it might do to the wick. It's a very light scent OOB and I hope it develops in soap, lotion or wax.

that is funny , i will tell you , you are goin to love the home sweet home.... WOW hot and cold throw , it is a little strong i may have to back off on it but my house smells great. How's the amish harvest and sweet pea btw ?

The Iced Cranberry is AWESOME in wax! I hated it in the bottle, but it is now my absolute favorite in wax! Very fruity and spicy at the same time, and throws like crazy!

Champagne Snow Showers smells interesting in wax. It kinda reminds me of Clean Linen, my mom likes it alot.

Plumeria Frangapani turns really sweet and subtle after pouring. It doesn't have a very strong throw, but it is pleasant.

Jamaica me Crazy is pretty good in the candle, wish it threw a bit better though. I can smell melon and a bit of pineapple.

Part 1 of 2 - due to the character limit.

I really appreciate all the reviews posted. However I can’t keep track of them by just reading randomly so I copied and pasted most of them. You’ll find the results below in alphabetical order. If the poster noted OOB - I added OOB to the front of the post. If the poster noted candles - I added Candles to the front of the post. I noted the first listing of the FO in bold with the other reviews below it. Sorry if I missed any post on the copy and paste.

Just thought I’d share this in hopes that it helps someone else.

Amber white a little light for candles but would be good in b&b

OOB Amber White - LOVE! Too light for tarts, but would be great in B&B

CANDLES Amish harvest--awesome cold/hot throw in gb415

00B Amish harvest: smells like fall, pumpkin spice and pie.wonderful!

CANDLES apple cinnamon--baked apple with cinnamon, excellent throw

Apple Pie....poured the oz into 10oz feather palm wax(candlewic) and made some votives and 2 tarts....the votive is weak but the tart smells great in my burner....maybe I have to let the votives cure a bit. If I can get this apple pie to throw well I will like it better than KYs and I love KYs apple pie

CANDLES I was dissapointed with Apple Pie. I made some votives. Used Candlewicks feather palm and they have cured for quite a few days and still don't have all too great of a throw. oob it smells really good...not very strong but very good so I had hoped it would throw well.

OOB Autumn Apples - this is a nice strong apple scent. It is supposed to be a BBW type but I can not remember what the BBW version smells like to compare. Next time I am near a BBW I will step in a sniff their candle for comparison. But it does smell good.

OOB Birthday Cake - not bad at all, but I've had better

Birch, fern, forest great hot & cold throw (love the greenery smell)

OOB Birch & Fern Forest - don't care for...a very bitter smell

Birch & Fern Forest - VERY clean, fresh, and green -- smell lots of greenery and not much woodsy. If you like bamboo-type scents, then you'll enjoy this one. EXCELLENT

CANDLES Blueberry cheesecake ice cream---awesome. I do not detect any ice cream smell to it. IMO, it smells just like CS's blueberry cheesecake.

OOB Blue Mountain Coffee - smells like a nice coffee but more of a lighter scent

CANDLES Butt Naked: This is really strong in wax, i used 1 oz in 2lbs of parrafin, I might use less next time. It goes from smelling like a tanning lotion (to me) to smelling like a fruity cocktail. I can smell the cherry scent now that it is in wax.

OOB Butt Naked - STRONG cherry scent to me...didn't care for this one

CANDLES butt naked--similar to others of the same name with very good throw

Butt Naked - STRONG cherry top note with lingering notes of vanilla and something else sweet I can't pinpoint...VERY GOOD THROW

OOB Butterscotch Bread Pudding nice and strong and much more complex than what I smelled

OOB Carrot Cake nice and strong and much more complex than what I smelled

OOB Cedar - very weak (Bert's Redwood & Cedar is way better)

Champagne Snow Showers - REALLY comes to life in the wax -- I smell all sorts of scents, but can't really pinpoint anything specific. It is very clean and fresh, but I don't know that snow showers are what come to mind when I smell this. I'm reminded of clean cotton, but only the clean part and not the cotton (if that makes sense) -- it's definitely not a laundry scent, but has that WOW factor when you smell it. EXCELLENT THROW

Champagne Snow Showers smells interesting in wax. It kinda reminds me of Clean Linen, my mom likes it alot.

champagne snow showers this one surprised me but like it after I poured it.

OOB Champagne Snow Showers: This smells like aged wood to me, kinda like cask wood..?

OOB Champagne Snow Showers - very odd smell...not sure if I like this one yet; will have to put in wax OOB Fluffy Cupcake: smells like a yellow cake, bf says he can smell frosting.

OOB Champagne snow showers-Another great B&B oil. I just might put this one in a candle too. Smells wonderful.

OOB Also have chocolate amber -I've smelled this scent before, but it was not named chocolate amber. I'm going to love this in B&B products

OOB Cinnamon Bread Pudding - nice

OOB Cinna-Vanilla Cone - To me, smells like a cinnamon stick.

Cinnamon Pumpkin Bread...I poured into a tealight warmer with a little bit of CO and wow....strong! smells good to me...I smell the cinnamon the most but can also detect the bread and pumpkin.

OOB Cinnamon pumpkin bread - I detect more of the pumpkin & cinnamon but not much of the bakery notes. CANDLES cinnamon vanilla cone and creme brulee scents--nice scents, just wasn't strong enough

CANDLES citrus linen--excellent throw, but I detected slight soda pop notes as part of the citrus, if that makes sense

CANDLES coconut lime verbena--didn't think it was a good dupe OOB, but once in wax it really came to life; an excellent dupe and threw very well

Coconut mango another light one

CANDLES cranberry clove--smells like pomegranate from other suppliers I have used, excellent throw

OOB Creamy Nutmeg - I do not detect nutmeg. It smells very similar to a pumpkin spice. At first I thought it might have been their pumpkin spice just mis-labeled however the pumpkin spice is a dark oil so it is definitely not the same.

Creamy nutmeg great like this one a lot

creme brulee okay, I like ky better (WAXED)OOB Fluffy Cupcake - Smells like a yellow box cake

OOB Dreamsickle - Smells like one to me!

I soaped the English Ivy Morning and it is a week old and smells great. Looks good too so I am hoping to take it to my August market in four weeks and see how the cusomers like it. I haven't soaped any of the others I got yet.

CANDLES fluffy cupcake and plumeria scents--didn't care for, threw OK

CANDLES French vanilla morning--Great, smell almost like C&S's vanilla pods.

OOB Fried Ice Cream - not sure what this is supposed to smell like but it's a nice scent! CANDLES hot apple pie--heavier on the baked apple and had excellent throw

Home Sweet Home.....did the same...put it in a tealight burner with some CO and altough it really doesn't smell like Yankees HSH it smells strong, good and spicy

The Iced Cranberry is AWESOME in wax! I hated it in the bottle, but it is now my absolute favorite in wax! Very fruity and spicy at the same time, and throws like crazy OOB Iced Cranberry: Smells kinda stuffy in the bottle, ill have to wait until i pour it to decide if i like it or not. kinda reminds me of old pouporri in the bottle.

OOB Jamacia me crazy: just like i imagined. tropical, fruity, punchy and mouthwatering.

Jamaica me Crazy is pretty good in the candle, wish it threw a bit better though. I can smell melon and a bit of pineapple.

OOB Kush - haha not sure if I'll get the munchies or not but it doesn't smell anything like I thought it would LOL It is actually a very good scent. Not sure what it smells like though My son who is 20... says ummm smells like no "kush" he's ever smelled.... But it is good whatever it's suppose to smell like.

Kush great hot & cold throw in soy

OOB Lavender Nectar - I'm not much of a lavender person but this is pretty good. A sweet lavender but not overly sweet in my opinion.

OOB Lemon Buttercream Icing nice and strong and much more complex than what I smelled

CANDLES lemon buttercream icing--smelled lemon, but had more of a maple smell than buttercream

Not impressed with Lemon Buttercream....doesn't really smell like either of them all that much and it's weak imo

lemon martini great c:&h throw clean smell

Mango strawberry a little on the light side

The fresh mango & strawberry would make great B&B products.

CANDLES Fresh Mango & strawberry--Could be stronger, but I do smell alot of strawberry when burning.

CANDLES mango papaya--similar to one from NG, excellent throw

OOB Maple Hazelnut Crunch Bar - I can smell both maple and hazelnut -- very nice scent!

OOB Maple hazelnut crunch - I like this one. I smell more of the maple than hazelnut, but it smells good

OOB Maple Sugar nice and strong and much more complex than what I smelled

OOB Maple Syrup - Smells like french toast!!!! YUMMY

OOB Mocha hazelnut coffee - smells nice but not a strong scent. Maybe it will be stronger in wax.

Post 2 of 2 - due to character limit.

OOB Oriental Spice - smells like urine OOB...ewwww!

I soaped their Patchouli this week as well. blended it with some warm vanilla that I had. Smells great! It is a very masculine smell in my opinion though. I will probably be giving this batch to my bf to use

OOB Patchouli - nope

OOB Patchouli - Not a scent I like at all or ever used so can't say much on this one. I'm not a earthy type person, but this really isn't all that bad.

OOB Patchouli: very herby.. bf says it smells like the kind of store you would buy a "water pipe" in, lol

OOB Pink Cotton Candy - not safe for candles....good thing cuz it's way too light!

OOB Plumeria Frangapani: This smells really fruity to me, more than floral.

Plumeria Frangapani turns really sweet and subtle after pouring. It doesn't have a very strong throw, but it is pleasant

OOB Pumpkin pie - again a very light scent

OOB Pumpkin Spice - This does smell nice & strong but very similar to other pumpkin spices, heavier on the spice

The Purple Sage and Mint is one of my favorites that I bought. Sure hope it smells as good in the cured soap

OOB Red Candy Apple - Not very candy apple to me, smells almost like a caramel apple. You can tell it's some sort of apple on a stick LOL My son says it smells like apple jacks lol

OOB Soda Pop: smells delicious.. cant figure out what it reminds me of, but definately soda related.

soda pop great hot & cold throw. smell the fizz

CANDLES Soda pop: This smells really great in wax (1 oz to 2lbs of parrafin). I made some votives and a few 4 oz jars. The throw is really nice, one votive fills up my large bathroom! It smells like some sort of soda, not quite coke or pepsi, but something soda related.

Sparkling pomegranate great c&h thow smelled light oob but great in wax OOB Strawberry Cheesecake nice and strong and much more complex than what I smelled

My absolute favorite is the Sugar Cookie....yummm yummm I love this one

OOB The Sugar Cookie - It to me smells like a very strong sugar cookie. This should be a good one.

the sugar cookie great h&c throw

CANDLES sugar cookie--one of the top 3 sc scents I've ever tested (and I've tested many)--excellent throw OOB Sugared Lilac - (I always have to try lilac) this is a pretty good Lilac, it doesn't have a candy smell, but not a normal lilac smell either. It's good though.

CANDLES sugared strawberries--nice true strawberry, excellent throw. I also mixed this with Ky's birthday cake for strawberry shortcake--very nice

OOB Summer Banana Split - Smells good, a lot of banana and can't place what else I smell but lots of banana.

OOB Summer Margarita: my bf says it smells like lime and summer, and makes him think of the beach. guess thats good ^_^

Edit - note I do not know why the bottom of this post has a different font.

Edited by safetysue