New Fragrance Co in Georgia

grama

I soaped Purple Sage & Mint Leaf the other day and there is no scent what so ever in the finished product...has anyone else had this happen with this scent? :undecided

We did this scent in cp soap about a month or so ago -- I just went and sniffed it again (you got me paranoid) and it's not as strong as it once was. I did just finish pouring a round of several candles so my sniffer may be temporarily broken. Gonna wait until things calm down and sniff it again later tonight -- definitely gonna keep an eye out for this one in case it morphs :\

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did this scent in cp soap about a month or so ago -- I just went and sniffed it again (you got me paranoid) and it's not as strong as it once was. I did just finish pouring a round of several candles so my sniffer may be temporarily broken. Gonna wait until things calm down and sniff it again later tonight -- definitely gonna keep an eye out for this one in case it morphs :\

Hmmm...thats interesting, becuase mine smelled a little light oob but I read good reviews so I soaped anyway. I did HP so I don't know if that would make a difference or not. Anyway, as soon as I cut the next day there was absolutely no scent. So I sent an email to OnlyFragrance just to let them know in case they mixed up a batch wrong or something and they never responded to me. I guess I could give them a call.

I had trouble with oils from this company-that's on another thread. There was some oils that simply wouldn't mix with my wax-paraffin. The samples that I was able to use, I also got little to no scent from them once they were made up in wax. Very dissapointed with all oils from this place. I've been keeping an eye on this thread to see how others have made out. Sounding more and more like I'm not the only one who's had trouble. I also tried using these oils in ornies and sachets, only to end up with a mess that had to be thrown out. It seems the ones with the best luck with Only Fragrance oils, are the ones using some type of soy.

I soaped Purple Sage and Mint about a month ago and it has a fragrance. Almost out of stock too. I used 1oz per PPO which is normal for me. I make goat milk soap if that makes any difference. I also have English ivy morning soaped and it has a fragrance also. I have a very poor sense of smell but customers pick it up and sniff and then buy it.

Sorry that others are having difficulties.

I made The sugar cookie into melts and they are very strong and I used palm wax. They are several weeks old and have not faded.

So far the only one that lost most of its scent was apple cinnamon. And I let the candle sit for 2 weeks. I use c-3. As stated in a previous post, sugar cookie is a super one for me and iced cranberries is also a good one, though it's not super strong, it has a nice scent. I'll watch this topic continue b/4 I order anymore.

Trapp

I am sorry to hear there are some that don't throw. The one's I have are kick butt and I get reorders for them. The Cinnamon Pumpkin Bread is awesome. Iced Cranberry is very strong. Pomander Spice seems weak, but my customers love it. Please write your reviews on his site. Good or bad, so we will know what to try. I wrote reviews on all of the one's I use.

I soaped Purple Sage & Mint Leaf the other day and there is no scent what so ever in the finished product...has anyone else had this happen with this scent? :undecided

I have not tried this scent but of the 4 that I have tried in cp soap (Cool Water, Blue Sugar, Autumn Evening, Coconut Beach), There is only a light scent left in my cured bars, and I too used 1 oz. ppo. Imo, their oils seem about 1/2 the strength as my regular suppliers. However I must mention that I sold out of my Blue sugar bars and I did find that it was a little stronger smelling than the rest of the ones that I soaped from them, and also I might add that the Coconut Beach bars do have a slight coconutty smell in the cured bars and have sold a few of them as well, so for people who like light scents in soaps these are fine, but I haven't ordered any more since I like strong scents in my soap.

Edited by Shar

The only two I can respond about are Iced Cranberry and Butterscotch Bread Pudding. They both have great scent throws in my wax (blend of J223 & soy). I wish I had bought a pound of Iced Cranberry to test instead of an ounce because I'm not ready to order a bunch more yet but would love to have more of that.

I'm finding it's like with any other supplier - about 60% are working well for me and the rest not so much. So, like with other suppliers, I will reorder the ones that work as they are working very well! Like Cinnamon Buns, Champagne Snow Showers, and Iced Cranberry.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OMG! I placed my first order with this company on the 19th. Come to find out he is closing! Arghhhhhh! I am going to be so pissed if I don't get my stuff. Does anyone have a phone number for him? I cannot get into his site and haven't gotten a response from my e-mail yet. TIA!

I got an email from him just a bit ago that he sold the business and is closing. He will be selling on ebay for about a week or so. Bummer, he had some good oils and very good prices!

I also received his email today; his biz sure didn't last long. Perhaps the offer he got was just to good to turn down. Good luck to him.

I just sent Luis an email to find out who he sold it to and if they will make his oils available.

This angers me! I am in the middle of testing 20 FO's from him. I do most of my own testing when it pertains to wicking, problems and safety but I also have other people do my R&D and Market Research testing for me in 5 different States and I just sent the samples out Wednesday. Today I got my first reports from my R&D people and they were positive enough for further development and now I sort of feel like I've just been violated! I have around $500 invested in the products and all of my money and time has probably been wasted.

If Luis responds to my email, I will post up his response. I just rememberd, he gave me 15% off of my next purchase due to some shipping problems, guess I wont be using that!

I just sent Luis an email to find out who he sold it to and if they will make his oils available.

This angers me! I am in the middle of testing 20 FO's from him. I do most of my own testing when it pertains to wicking, problems and safety but I also have other people do my R&D and Market Research testing for me in 5 different States and I just sent the samples out Wednesday. Today I got my first reports from my R&D people and they were positive enough for further development and now I sort of feel like I've just been violated! I have around $500 invested in the products and all of my money and time has probably been wasted.

If Luis responds to my email, I will post up his response. I just rememberd, he gave me 15% off of my next purchase due to some shipping problems, guess I wont be using that!

The email I received said he sold it to a company in Puerto Rico to be sold exclusively in that country. I guess we could try to order from there and have them shipped in...just wondering on the shipping costs.

OK....now I"m second guessing myself. Will go check the email and if doesn't say that I will return to correct myself :confused:

Edited by jeanie353