New Fragrance Co in Georgia

grama

Okay, results on 24 hours of cure time in parasoy tart wax:

Butt Naked - STRONG cherry top note with lingering notes of vanilla and something else sweet I can't pinpoint...VERY GOOD THROW

Birch & Fern Forest - VERY clean, fresh, and green -- smell lots of greenery and not much woodsy. If you like bamboo-type scents, then you'll enjoy this one. EXCELLENT THROW

Champagne Snow Showers - REALLY comes to life in the wax -- I smell all sorts of scents, but can't really pinpoint anything specific. It is very clean and fresh, but I don't know that snow showers are what come to mind when I smell this. I'm reminded of clean cotton, but only the clean part and not the cotton (if that makes sense) -- it's definitely not a laundry scent, but has that WOW factor when you smell it. EXCELLENT THROW

number2of7, what kind of wax are you using? Palm, soy or paraffin? Just wondering. The champagne snow showers sounds good, I think I will try that one.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed them about buying multiples of a single scent in the 1 ounce size, and they said that was fine to order a few ounces that way. I prefer buying 2-4 oz per scent so I've got enough to test in multiple products (a scent that doesn't work in one application might in another), and I asked them specifically if I could split the 10 sample pack into something like 3 oz of a couple different scents and then 4 oz of another, and they said that was fine.

oh great, I had to go look at the new ones ... sigh.

Has anyone tried: ?????

Cinnamon Red Hot Candy? if HT is good that would make a great mixer! OOB seems weak to me.

Fireside? never smelled original but sounds nice.

Flying Fox?

Green Garden?

Skinny Dip?

Sweet Orange Chili Pepper?--Awesome. This is the closest dupe to the real mia bella candle.

It is nothing like millcreeks. It has alot of chili pepper smell with a back note of orange.

would LURVE to hear reviews on those in soy :)

I haven't tried the lush dupes. I might like them & I don't want to spend that much on oils.

This is indeed a long thread. Can anyone tell me in a nutshell how the new manufacturer turned out? I like some of the philosophy on the about us page.

" Ever use fragrance oil for months or even years? You love it, your customers love it, and bang! The reseller needs to change suppliers and now you, and more importantly, your customers can't get the great products they have been counting on. At Only Fragrance, we have our own formulas and make our own oils. "The Apple Pie" you buy today will be yours for a lifetime."

But does it look like they will be around that long? Are they making a go of it as a business? I'd like to see ore than just a PO for an address.

Anyone know of any other manufacturers that have a similar philosophy or concept?

Edited by NewInTheBiz

Who knows how long any business is going to be around. And it doesn't even matter because most suppliers are discontinuing products all the time. The company may still be in business but the FO is no longer there.

I have bought from onlyfragrance and all of the oils have worked great in CP soap. That is all I need to know.

So overall, how is this new manufacturer rated? Customer Service? Speed? Quality? Strength?

Best customer service i've ever had the pleasure to deal with in the 8yrs I've been making candles. Shipping is now taking a day or two to ship. Awesome quality/strength. I have used the 40+ oils i've bought in soy candles with awesome throws. They are the manufacturer not a reseller. He (Luis) just opened may 12th. I really suggest you read the whole thread. Alot of great reviews on his oils.

I bought from someone here 3 only fragrance oils which didn't work for her.

I have tested 3 so far:

Iced Cranberries - I tested on the 4'th day and was good throw. Then on the 5'th day much much better. I'm going to let it cure 3 more days and see what happens. Is a real nice fragrance. I poured into a pottery container. Came out beautiful!

Sugar Cookies: Awesome awesome scent and love.

Apple Cinnamon - Have already burned it on the 5'th day....Is a veryt light throw but nice. I'll let it cure a few more days. If it doesn't throw good I'll use up the rest of the bottle as a mixer.

Trappeur

In the midst of testing the Pumpkin Spice. Lost the pumpkin smell completely in soy wax. It smells almost exactly like Bert's Red Hot Cinnamon...though I'm doubting the throw will be as good. I'm not a big pumpkin fan but like to have it for fall and was hoping the scent would come through in wax. I'll see in a few days what it's like but so far only the cinnamon candy scent.

Edited by kandlekrazy

Normally, I shy away from any scent with chocolate notes because many times the chocolate is a "dirty" smelling chocolate. However, the red velvet cake is fabulous!! I can smell the cake and the cream cheese frosting--rich and decadent! And, thankfully, no dirty chocolate notes.

Normally, I shy away from any scent with chocolate notes because many times the chocolate is a "dirty" smelling chocolate. However, the red velvet cake is fabulous!! I can smell the cake and the cream cheese frosting--rich and decadent! And, thankfully, no dirty chocolate notes.

I to was skeptical, but it really does smell like a real red velvet cake. Love it.

• 2 weeks later...

Pumpkin Spice in C3 - no pumpkin smell at all, smells like a light red hot candies even after curing over a week. Not happy with this one at all.

Chocolate Mint - Has potential, it has the sweet mint scent and you can smell a little chocolate in this one in wax but it

doesn't have the strength or lasting power of Bert's. I'm so sad, means I have to make my own and hope it throws like crazy.

So.. I have ordered about 25 fragrances in 3 oz each from this guy.

I have ALL the lush dupes, but I have no idea what lush products smell like. The Olive Branch is freaking amazing OOB - all the rest don't make much of an impression but aren't terrible.

I'm a HP soaper and have used these at 5% batch weight. So far I have soaped the Chocolate Amber (very close to BBW, cured well, strong scent) and the Green Irish Tweed (smells great, but not nearly strong enough at 5%)

The customer service is amazing. Will update as I go along.

So.. I have ordered about 25 fragrances in 3 oz each from this guy.

I have ALL the lush dupes, but I have no idea what lush products smell like. The Olive Branch is freaking amazing OOB - all the rest don't make much of an impression but aren't terrible.

I'm a HP soaper and have used these at 5% batch weight. So far I have soaped the Chocolate Amber (very close to BBW, cured well, strong scent) and the Green Irish Tweed (smells great, but not nearly strong enough at 5%)

The customer service is amazing. Will update as I go along.

Currently he only sales 1oz samples & lb sizes. Next week he's supposed to add 8oz size.

The green irish tweed is a body oil so it's cut to use directly on the body.

I soaped The Olive Branch and Brown Sugar & Fig yesterday w/o any problems. Took both out of their molds last night and the fragrance is almost completely gone, extremely light at 1 oz ppo. :sad2: Will let them cure and see if the scents come back. Definitely not strong like they were OOB:(

Edited by Toni S.