Now that Christmas is over

Daisymay66

I always have a hard time figuring out what scents to put out right after Christmas. It seems to early for Spring time scents. What do you all put out now? And do you sell your leftover Christmas Clamshells at half off or what do you guys do? Candles I don't mind saving till next year but definitely not Clamshells. Or do you put your candles on sale too? 

This is the time of year I like the most because I always give away (and have sold in the past) Valentine candles.  I like to do rose scents, lavender mixes ... both of those go nicely with peppermint, vanilla, and rose can go nicely with strawberry, depending on the scents; this year, I want to see what scents creme brulee mixes well with and also use it alone.  There is a little shop near me that I used to sometimes offer candles for sale at on consignment, but quit doing it the last several years.  When I first asked them about Valentine candles, I was told, "oh, we never sell much for Valentine's" (meaning, no sense in me trying to sell anything for it), but they said if I'd like to try, okay -- so I did -- and I sold many more than they expected!

Birdcharm, so you put out Valentines now in January? You know, I've never really tried Valentines Day scents. Maybe I should try. Although I can't stand Rose scented candles and I had a couple people who would order them often. I haven't made any in a while which was good with me :) seems like that would maybe a good Valentines scent. 

• Like 1

I saw WSP has a Rose Cognac 

Sugar or something like that anyhow, sounds interesting. 

Theres also a Rosewater Lemonade. I've smelled that one in a candle from my local farmers 

market & I liked it. I'm not a rose 

person but that one smelled nice 

a blend of lemon & light ?  

• Like 2

Some rose scents can be really nice if they aren't very artificial smelling.  I think the Rosewater Lemonade mix sounds interesting.  There is a pink grapefruit scent that I really like, I've never tried it with a rose, but I'm thinking it could possibly make a nice pair, I just hadn't thought of citrus with rose ... I have a small bottle of each of these, I'll think I'll check that out!  Daisy ... I don't currently offer retail at a shop as I once did (there were some issues, so I have refrained from doing that), but I do make candles for people and sometimes send "late" gifts (no longer being 'Christmas gifts' in January that I couldn't get out during December.)  I once mixed palmarosa essential oil with a sweet french vanilla and it was lovely.  The rose I am currently going to sample is from The Candle Source, I got a small bottle of Fresh-cut Roses and it's nice.  Also, based on notes I gathered here, I ordered a sample of their "Soothing Lavender" (J&J type) and it's a nice, sweetish lavender.  Also for this time of year, I like some rain and ocean types too.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, birdcharm said:

Some rose scents can be really nice if they aren't very artificial smelling.  I think the Rosewater Lemonade mix sounds interesting.  There is a pink grapefruit scent that I really like, I've never tried it with a rose, but I'm thinking it could possibly make a nice pair, I just hadn't thought of citrus with rose ... I have a small bottle of each of these, I'll think I'll check that out!  Daisy ... I don't currently offer retail at a shop as I once did (there were some issues, so I have refrained from doing that), but I do make candles for people and sometimes send "late" gifts (no longer being 'Christmas gifts' in January that I couldn't get out during December.)  I once mixed palmarosa essential oil with a sweet french vanilla and it was lovely.  The rose I am currently going to sample is from The Candle Source, I got a small bottle of Fresh-cut Roses and it's nice.  Also, based on notes I gathered here, I ordered a sample of their "Soothing Lavender" (J&J type) and it's a nice, sweetish lavender.  Also for this time of year, I like some rain and ocean types too.

Heres the link for the Rose Cognac Sugar - Its described as a Rose + vanilla based on description + reviews 

I think Im going to try it + also the Rosewater Lemonade + their Velvet Sugar sounds good too :) 

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/products/Rose-Cognac-Sugar-Fragrance-Oil.aspx

• Like 2

I have quite a few regular scents (about 40) that go year round so I just have those after Christmas until Mid Jan when I put out a few Valentine scents and Spring is part of my regular line but I usually try to add or replace a scent each season.  Almost always it's replace something that isn't a big seller.

• Like 1

CS raspberry truffle....what happened to it?

I really liked that one for Valentine's Day and wanted to try once more at making a dang heart pillar in that Scent, that is one of the very few molds I have and so far I'm very unsuccessful 

rose ... I use and love elements sensuous black rose and this year I am going to blend it with whiskey and see what happens 

*drunkenposting*

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 1

Um, not that it's applicable anymore, but my traditional after Christmas scents were "10 day soy based eggnog in a sippy cup surprise", "Crunchy air aged fruit cake", "Sticky soft candy canes", and (my personal favorite)  "Pine forest floor in your living room".  

• Like 2

I start my springtime candles early after the holidays. I know daffodils is a big seller this time of year. If I could find a tulip or forsythia scent I would add those. I find fruit types, clean, garden, and florals do well this time of year and on into spring and summer. But I keep some classics around all year that are good sellers for me too like lavender, cinnamon, apple types, etc.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Trappeur said:

oh yeah?? well, what fragrances are they combined?  That's I'm assuming it is a blend.

Trappeur

Not really sure... My 3 year old stepdaughter was always the one that crafted it for me. Her recipe and process was something like: 1/2 sippy cup of Silk brand Eggnog sealed well/ Leave in Hot Florida car for 2 weeks. After sippy cup threatens to explode from internal pressure, gift to Papa in a plastic garbage bag filled with used kleenex and rock hard half chewed on Chicken McNugget jerky presented with a resplendent tantrum as a bonus.  

Brought tears to my eyes and a flutter to my belly every time.

There are times that I wonder if she wasn't a member of the research and development team for Hell's Ghastly Gastronomic Distressors Inc.

;) Sponiebr    

• Like 1

Reminds me of the time (when I was about 7) that I saw the bits of chocolate cake (you know, the bits that stick to the pan after you've taken the pieces out), and I scraped it all down with my hands, added a bit of water and rolled it into marble sized balls. Then I went and proudly presented it to my dad as a snack. He was so nice and cheerfully ate them. Doesn't quite measure up to Sippy Cup Eggnog, but years later I'm still cringing for him.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2016 at 4:12 PM, moonshine said:

CS raspberry truffle....what happened to it?

I really liked that one for Valentine's Day and wanted to try once more at making a dang heart pillar in that Scent, that is one of the very few molds I have and so far I'm very unsuccessful 

rose ... I use and love elements sensuous black rose and this year I am going to blend it with whiskey and see what happens 

*drunkenposting*

I think the  Raspberry Truffle from Peaks is identical

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone smelled Yankees market blossom scent? I've added the description. If you have any suggestions on similar scents, or possibly good scents that I could possibly mix?

All so any good suggestions on a clean scent? 

I already have CS -English garden, lavender and lilac but would like something a little different. 

Any suggestions would be great, there are already some good ones on this thread.

20170111_200035.png

Fresh and clean.....

FB- sea witch

CS Day at the spa mixed 50/50 with CS rainwater

FB- lavender sage

WSP- clean cotton

ELEMENTS- juniper aloe

AH/RE- blue skies 

SC- champaca bamboo or votive red currant 

WSP- eucalyptus spearmint(BBW stress relief dupe)

ELEMENTS- downpour

WSP- bamboo or dune grass

WSP- sun and sand 

SC- fresh grass 

MC- artic air

• Like 2