Bunny's Bath Melts

wildangel112

That's why I line them and use the mini muffin pans... lol

The frosted one is probably because it was in the freezer for so long, and condensation formed and caused the citric to react. Sounds like that's your tester!

I do stir once in a while while the mixture is cooling down...

HTH!

Hello everyone :highfive: we are new to this so please bare with us;) ..I need info on spring and summer fo for candles...anyone willing to help us please send info..to us..thanks

It would probably be a much better thing to post this in the candle forum, in a new post.

Just tried these suckers...and wow am I impressed with the skin conditioning qualities but they are kinda boring....miss my bubbles:undecided

used shea in place of the cocoa (its the only butter I have until Santa Claus delivers his packages) also tried the clamshell packaging...made a 1oz block (that was filled to the top) felt good in the bathtub...no ring...NOT too oily...and I hate feeling oily! Super easy to pour...easy to pop out and into the tub (i prescored the top) I got 5 clamshells out of this recipe.....so I will be one silky smooth bather for a long while....

Bunny your recipe rocks girl! Wondering if you could tell me if there is much of a difference in the shea and cocoa...does the cocoa make harder melts - and does that make them take longer to melt?

I am kinda impatient....I ended up squishing it before it all melted...will see if I can resist the temptation next time...hahahahaha

I know.. They are boring! But come on! It was my first B&B anything, and I wanted to create my own thing! (Actually, there was a swap happening, and I wanted to try other people's B&B, so I developes these so I could join!) But it really was my first!! lol

I've never used the shea, but the cocoa butter ones take a while to dissolve.. I can't help but play with it and smoosh it too! I'd like to try it with mango though...

You can also swap out the cocoa butter for sal butter since it is hard enough. I did it once and kind of liked it. The only thing I didn't like is as it melted in left globs of sal butter looking like whipped cream in the bath water. But they did eventually melt. I did like how my skin felt with the sal butter sub over the cocoa butter.

• 5 weeks later...

I made some of these and then my sister took them to work and gave them out. One lady told my sister today that when she used it she broke out in a rash. She did say she is allergic to tons of stuff.

She doesn't seem to be allergic to citrus, she peels and eats an orange everyday, she can eat chocolate. What could make her break out. The only ingredients were cocoa butter, citric acid, corn starch and baking soda. No FO or EO and no cocoa powder.

Anyone have any similar experience or any ideas?

I made some of these and then my sister took them to work and gave them out. One lady told my sister today that when she used it she broke out in a rash. She did say she is allergic to tons of stuff.

She doesn't seem to be allergic to citrus, she peels and eats an orange everyday, she can eat chocolate. What could make her break out. The only ingredients were cocoa butter, citric acid, corn starch and baking soda. No FO or EO and no cocoa powder.

Anyone have any similar experience or any ideas?

my daughter is not allergic to citric acid in natural form.. like in fruits, or if she is she has no reaction, BUT she is allergic to citric acid as an additive.. she will break out if she eats skittles, or any sour candy that contains a lot of citric acid...

I wanna try these too, heard nothing but good things about them. :D

I just got 5lbs. of cocoa butter yesterday, never seen REAL cocoa butter before, but OMG does it smells good enough to eat. YMMMMMMM

Now, I just need some little muffin liners. So, are the foil ones better than the paper ones, or does it really matter?

Also, if you buy the candy foils that you wrap around them, what size dod you need?

Did you find the foils Michi? (ROFL - Do you even still want the foils..lol)

Ok. Since my recipe was posted over here NOT BY ME I can't go in there and edit it to make a few changes that obviously need to be made.

Change #1 - Do not use cocoa powder! We don't like things that look like a turd floating in the tub!

Change #2 - 1/2 ounce melts are just about the perfect size for leaving your skin conditioned and your bathtub not conditioned. Bigger is not better with this stuff.

Change #3 - This recipe is oils. You're gonna feel oily when you use it. If you don't like feeling oily, this is not the recipe for you.

Thank you and have a nice day! :P

It must have been to cool for me, becuase when I added the citric acid, it became stiff and non pourable. It also started to morf. So I ended up having to roll this like meatballs in my hands. Will let you know how it turns out.

This is a new idea! interesting :)

Bunny now that your a moderator can you :tiptoe: sneak in and change it. I looked thank God it wasn't me that posted it. I LUV this product, what a feeling when you get out! To me it soaks right in after a few minutes and your soooo soft. For the people that think its too greasy others have tried mango and think it feels less greasy (probably says it somewhere in the thread I'm too lazy to look back :D).

• 4 weeks later...
For the people that think its too greasy others have tried mango and think it feels less greasy

I am about to try this recipe! What would you substitute with Mango?

Duh! the cocoa butter - nevermind, answered my own question. Just curious if anyone has tried a mixture of butters? Maybe I'll give that a try and let you know how it is.

I made these today... they ROCK! Though I did sub out the cornstarch for powdered goatsmilk.. couldn't find the cornstarch!

Think I made my a bit large though (1 oz), I felt like a beached whale in the tub, all slippery and all. :laugh2:

Thanks for the great recipe.

pix