Bunny's Bath Melts

wildangel112

I have a couple of million dollar questions:

1. Where do I get plain coco butter? I'm assuming it shouldn't have anything else in it...thought I had some but turns out there are other ingred in there.

2. Can you use the food grade Citric Acid?

Thanks!!

I have a couple of million dollar questions:

1. Where do I get plain coco butter? I'm assuming it shouldn't have anything else in it...thought I had some but turns out there are other ingred in there.

2. Can you use the food grade Citric Acid?

Thanks!!

Found the Cocoa butter at a health food store...now just need to know if I can use the citric acid I have.

I'm sure you all have done this already yourselves but I thought I would post this anyways. The recipe posted in this thread is wonderful, but for a lot of people or at least myself anyways I needed a much smaller quantity. And this seems to be working well for me:

2 oz. Cocoa Butter

6 T. Baking Soda

1 1/4 T. Cornstarch

1/4 c. Citric Acid

1/4 T. FO

Now I have a couple of questions. How would this turn out if I added a bit of oatmeal and if I am using non deoderized cocoa butter do I use more fragrance? I can smell my fo a bit but not as much as I would like.

Kelly

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sure you all have done this already yourselves but I thought I would post this anyways. The recipe posted in this thread is wonderful, but for a lot of people or at least myself anyways I needed a much smaller quantity. And this seems to be working well for me:

2 oz. Cocoa Butter

6 T. Baking Soda

1 1/4 T. Cornstarch

1/4 c. Citric Acid

1/4 T. FO

Now I have a couple of questions. How would this turn out if I added a bit of oatmeal and if I am using non deoderized cocoa butter do I use more fragrance? I can smell my fo a bit but not as much as I would like.

Kelly

Kelly, thanks for posting the smaller quantity! I don't want to make a whole lot until I'm sure I've got it working right for me. I'll be trying the smaller batch this weekend.

Hi Everyone,

I have been up all night (working) and when I got home this morning at 8 AM I decided to make a batch of these. Super simple to make and they are AWESOME! I scented this batch with Posion (I have a gift basket to make for Xmas and I thought this would be an excellent addition to the other bath & candle items to go in it. They smell wonderful for Posion and came out perfect. The only issue I have is the quantity they produce! I got 31 out of the batch putting them in the mini foil cupcake things. I just saw the post on the reduced recipe so I will make that one next, need to get more cupcake things.

Now I do have a couple of questions:

1. How do you package these for sale?

2. How much do you sell them for?

3. How do you store these? Do they need to be put in the fridge to keep them hard?

I will definately be trying one of these tonight before I go into work. I am also going to bring one or two to work with me so my co-workers can try them out to. I will let you all know what me and everyone else thinks of them. One more little bit of my experience with these, I have no room in my freezer but living in NH (the tip of the state bordering Canada, I just set them out on my back pourch for about 20 minutes and all I can say is PERFECT! Sometimes it pays to live up here in nomans land! It is 20 degrees and has been snowing for a week on & off! I do believe winter has arrived!

Sorry so long, thank-you Bunny for this AWESOME recipe.

Devil Woman

I made a batch tonight using shea butter, and I did get them poured this time! :yay: I scented them using Sugar Plum Spice FO. I put them in the freezer for a bit more than 20 minutes, but they softened up a good bit (to where they're sticking to the liners when I try to take them out) after being out of the freezer. Does cocoa butter harden up and stay firm better?

What is the shelf life on these? I made a big batch..don't know why! I'm giving some for gifts and keeping the rest for myself...but will they go bad?

I've got some I made in August and they are fine. I kept a couple to see how they keep. They still smell and look great! I keep them wrapped and in a freezer bag for storage.

I've got some I made in August and they are fine. I kept a couple to see how they keep. They still smell and look great! I keep them wrapped and in a freezer bag for storage.

Thanks for the tips!

and a BIG THANKS! to the original poster here...I finally used one and they are wonderful!:whoohoo: :whoohoo:

Now that I've let everything cool off properly, these are GREAT!!! :D I've made some in a sugarplum scent and some in a vanilla/cookie scent, and I'm sending them out as samples. I'm anxious to see what kind of feedback I get. When I don't get impatient and rush things, these really are easy to make.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...BUNNY!

I'm lovin these melts, easy to make and great to use.

Made my 2nd batch (smaller batch this time!) with deodorized cocoa butter and Spearmint EO...OMG they smell so nice and refreshing. Even the DH (who wanted to eat one at first; he thought it was white chocolate) said he wants to take a bath in one. Neither of us are bath people, but we really like these now that it's cold and our skin is dry.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...