Bunny's Bath Melts

wildangel112

Anna,

How long did you leave them in the freezer?

I know I left a batch in there once for to long and they got "crunchy" on top. Not sure if that's the same thing that happened to you though...

I dont know.. not long I thought..I might not have even froze them.. just refrigerated them..

Little colored foils.. Makes them look like mini-reeses pb cups! 6 to a cello bag with a fold over paper top to hang..

I am going crazy:tongue2: - think I have been in front of the computer too long:laugh2: - anyhow, I saw the post on Bunny's bath melts and am so eager to try them- however, I cannot find the little colored foils. I have been on every website I can think of and cannot find them- it could be that I just don't know exactly what they are called. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks so much, Theresa

The Mini muffin liners you pour into I found at Walmart in the bakeware section. If you want to wrap them in shiney foil, get foil candy wrappers. I got mine in a baking specialty store near the cake and candy decorating supplies, This was at Bulk barn, not sure if you have them in your area. if you want to buy them online, search for Candy Foils, I got lots of hits.

I am going crazy:tongue2: - think I have been in front of the computer too long:laugh2: - anyhow, I saw the post on Bunny's bath melts and am so eager to try them- however, I cannot find the little colored foils. I have been on every website I can think of and cannot find them- it could be that I just don't know exactly what they are called. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks so much, Theresa

BCN has the foil ones now but I don't know what color they are. I ordered some and they will arrive tomorrow. They look like silver on their site. HTH

Thanks for the info. Last night, I think I was typing foil candy wrappers on my google search and kept coming up with the sites that personalized regular candy bar wrappers. I was getting so frazzled last night- haven't slept much in the past week- my 1 yr old is cutting molars- The joy of teething-LOL:grin2: I will have to check at Walmart and at BCN for the liners. Thanks so much- Theresa

• 3 weeks later...

Finally tried these - YUM-O-RAMA! I'm so excited to have a quick, easy, almost foolproof but indulgent treat to add to my menu! This is such a great recipe, Bunny, thank you so much for sharing!

I used shea instead of cocoa, and added euc spearmint EO blend, and they are fantastic! Can't wait to try the cocoa with the butter!

I do have a question - when you add cocoa powder, does it tint the bathwater brown?

In my tub, no. All I got was little brown floaty things in the water - as the butter fizzed apart the cocoa powder stuck to them and floated to the surface. Kinda icky. Cocoa powder is more oil soluable than water soluable.

I did too when I first made them! Now I don't color them and don't have that problem. I've decided to put mine in colored candy wrappers appropriate with the scent. I'm packaging them in the 6 pack clear tealight boxes along with tealights (2 of each for one AWESOME bath experience) ;). Just patiently waiting for the wrappers (2 weeks now and the supplier is an hour away :angry2: ). I'll post pics once I get them!

Hi all....

This is my first post and I've learned so much from all of you. Very inspiring. Thanks.

Here are a few sites that I had bookmarked for candy foils and the like:

http://www.candylandcrafts.com/Extra_Thin_Confectioners_Foils.htm

http://shop.pattycakes.com/SAPPHIRE/items.asp?CartId={D42990F9-B138-4D7B-B5B3-4DB4FC8574BA}&Cc=CANDY%2DFOI&Tp=

http://www.ccwsupply.com/candy/general7.asp

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/candies/candyfoils/candyfoils.htm

HTH

Joanie :smiley2:

Hi all! Sorry it's been a while since I've been able to check this thread...

The 1.75oz size is going to be way big.. A little of this stuff goes a long way. Score the ones you have on the backside, making for 3 melts out of that one that can but cut or broken off at your score marks. Too much of this stuff makes a greasy mess!

I don't color with cocoa powder anymore either, looked too much like a terd floating in the tub, and since I take my bath with the kids, I'll take no chances!

Hi all! Sorry it's been a while since I've been able to check this thread...

The 1.75oz size is going to be way big.. A little of this stuff goes a long way. Score the ones you have on the backside, making for 3 melts out of that one that can but cut or broken off at your score marks. Too much of this stuff makes a greasy mess!

I don't color with cocoa powder anymore either, looked too much like a terd floating in the tub, and since I take my bath with the kids, I'll take no chances!

Girl, you are a mess. LOL

I tried these last night and just had to throw 2 in the tub. I made them in some heart and butterfly molds. I threw 2 of them in my tub, but I think I could have done about 3. 4 of them was right around 1 oz.

I am going to order from BCN soon and am going to get some of the foil liners. I know they have them locally at the candy shops, I just haven't gotten there to find them yet (gas is so expensive, I don't want to drive there just for one thing).

I will be sending some out for testers on another board (non-candle related), so hopefully I will get some great feedback on them!

Steph

• 1 month later...

I called all over town, all health food places and stores like that and had little luck, and when I did find it the price was unreal. I heard that they may carrry it at your local wine/beer making store. I didn't try that so I can't say one way or another of the cost. I ended up getting it at MMS since I had to order other supplies anyway. HTH

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the recipe Bunny. I am very new into soap making and can't wait to give this a try this weekend. I can already imagine using these babies in the bath :yay:

Just a question, is it possible just add in other coloring (instead of coco powder) and fragrances to make different melts? Thanks for your help :)

I just got my first batch of bath melts done! They just make the kitchen smell so lovely!

I didn't get any mini muffin/tart liner today because there were just too many people lining up everywhere (for Christmas shopping). So I ended up using an ice-cube tray for my melt. To be safe, I have greased the tray a bit before I pour the mixture in.

After putting in the freezer for 20 mins, the batch seems done but I had a tough time trying to get the melts out of the tray. So I sticked it back to the freezer for another 10 mins.

They come out quite nicely after a few wiggle here and there. I had one defected melt, the bottom part got stuck in the tray and it looked a bit frosty on the part where it break up. I am guessing it's because I didn't mix in the citric acid well enough (although I did stir like crazy).

A quick question, when you wait for the pot to cool down (before mixing in the citric acid), do you just leave it there to cool or do you keep stirring the mixture? I found that I was stirring it continuosly because I found some residues were starting to form at the bottom of the pot.

Thanks for sharing this recipe again! I never thought I could make my own bath melts!!