Bunny's Bath Melts

wildangel112

• 2 weeks later...

I made these today and cant wait to try them out! I dont have a fridge at my shop so I put them on the shelf in my stock room... stays pretty cool in there... so will it take them longer to harden up?

I was wondering to could we sub the starch (or part of it) for natrasorb maybe? I got some and have been wanting to try it in something!

I wouldn't waste the natrasorb in this one. The purpose of natrasorb is to encapsulate fo/eo and make it dry to be released once it hits water. The cocoa butter itself along with the other ingredients hold plenty of fo itself. If you're dying to try it, sounds like you need to make some bubbling or fizzing bath bombs!

They'll be fine on the shelf!

Bath bombs... yeah that will happen! lol I have seen to many have horror stories with them. My molder/baller/whatchamacallit will sit on my shelf for awhile longer! <along with about 50 other things!>

Thanks for the quick response Bunny!

• 3 weeks later...

After looking at this recipe for weeks I finally tryed it... I had another tub truffle recipe but I thought I would try this to compair....

I LOVE IT! I had the best bath of my life last night...and I really need it, I have been soooooo stressed!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

Jenny

While I admit that I have never made a b&b product from scratch before, based on what I have read here I wonder for those that find the melts boring if you could try adding FBB or SLSA to the mix and make a solid bubble bath out of it.

Adding slsa to the this mixure hasn't worked for me. There's just too much oil and it'll destroy the bubbles and these totally work against each other. A tiny bit of oil in bath bombs is ok, but too much makes for a lackluster product. Try looking around for a bubbling bath bomb recipe - do believe theres a few posted in the recipe section.

And it sounds like you're got a good creative spirit! Makes me happy to see that!

Thanks bunny, actually I thought of something else today, what if you wanted to make something like chocolate marshmellow? Would it be better to use the deodorized cocoa butter and use mix of FO's or use the regular stuff and just add the secondary scent?

Oh and when in the process would you add the FO?

If chocolate would go with the scent you want, go ahead and use the scented stuff. If you want watermelon scented or something like that, use the deodorized. Or just use the deodorized for all of it to make it simple and use fo!

I added the fo before the citric I believe..

Not sure if you read all the posts.. But NO cocoa powder should go into these... lol

Well I guess that's what I meant. In caddyshack there is the candybar everyone thinks is a turd. It would be the kind of thing to have on the table for the guy being dragged around the craft fair by his wife to consider as she shops your table. I don't know it sounded like a good idea when it first came to me.

Try it once.. I promise you'll change your mid when you see something that looks like a turd floating in the tub... lol!
LOL, that made me spit I laughed so hard! I made a batch of these for myself and I really like them. I think I made too big of chunks though as I built up a ring around my tub but my skin feels so much better with this than with a bubble bath. So thanks for the recipe! -Tanna

• 3 weeks later...
I made some of these and then my sister took them to work and gave them out. One lady told my sister today that when she used it she broke out in a rash. She did say she is allergic to tons of stuff.

She doesn't seem to be allergic to citrus, she peels and eats an orange everyday, she can eat chocolate. What could make her break out. The only ingredients were cocoa butter, citric acid, corn starch and baking soda. No FO or EO and no cocoa powder.

Anyone have any similar experience or any ideas?

I used to (long ago, in another lifetime) work in tech support for a citric acid manufacturer (no, I don't have contacts there any more). There ARE people who are allergic to straight citric acid. They are few and far between, however.

• 4 weeks later...

Bunny's Bath Melts

8 oz. cocoa butter (the smelly one)

1 1/2 cups baking soda

1/3 cup corn starch

1-2 tbsp. cocoa powder (if you want it brown)

1 cup citric acid

OK I know this will be a dumb ? but I have never made bath stuff the cocoa butter is it lotion? Cocoa power is this the kind you cook with? I noticed there was a co-op and really wanted to try making these and Im not sure what kind of cocoa butter I should order. TIA

Drop the cocoa powder and leave the color natural, or melt a few jojoba beads or use micas with a light hand.

If you want chocolate scented melts, order the natural cocoa butter, or if you want to use fo's order the deodorized cocoa butter. I'd order the deodorized and just add chocolate fo to the ones I wanted to smell like chocolate.

watch out, mixing in the citric while still hot leads to fizzy kitchen melts!

I sift together the cornstarch and baking soda and add into the melted cocoa butter. When it's pretty darned cool, but still mixable I add in the citric.

Bunny's Bath Melts

8 oz. cocoa butter (the smelly one)

1 1/2 cups baking soda

1/3 cup corn starch

1-2 tbsp. cocoa powder (if you want it brown)

1 cup citric acid

OK I know this will be a dumb ? but I have never made bath stuff the cocoa butter is it lotion? Cocoa power is this the kind you cook with? I noticed there was a co-op and really wanted to try making these and Im not sure what kind of cocoa butter I should order. TIA

never mind I did a search and found lots of posts on it ( sorry I dont know why I didnt try that before asking) anyway these melts sound so cool I cant wait to try them