Bunny's Bath Melts

wildangel112

made these last night, they smell wonderful :) I put them in the freezer for 20 minutes then stored in an air tight container, this morning they had white specks on them like maybe I didnt mix something enough I stirred like crazy. My sister tried one tonight and loved it, Im going to try again and see if I can get rid of the specks.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic has turned into a soap opera. LOL After seeing Soapinthecity's pictorial & reading to leave out the cocoa powder I have decided to make these today. Before when reading about these the cocoa powder just didn't do it for me. Sounded just like you stated Bunny; a "turd in the tub". I'm too old to go thru that again. LMAO

Made these the other night..and they came out great, but I'm having issues with the heat.. :undecided After having them in the freezer and all, they were firm and looked great. After having them out of the freezer for about 90 min, they were mush. :( Any idea what I did wrong?

Made these the other night..and they came out great, but I'm having issues with the heat.. :undecided After having them in the freezer and all, they were firm and looked great. After having them out of the freezer for about 90 min, they were mush. :( Any idea what I did wrong?

I don't know what you did wrong. My house has bee 80 all day and mine are still solid.

I made them forever ago, and kept them in the freezer for the first two weeks by accident. They've been nice and hard ever since! I'd say that was the secret, but others have posted they only left them in a little while.

I made these last night and all I can say is they are awesome!! Yes Bunnie is right, a little goes a long way. My skin feels wonderful this morning. I made others from a slightly different recipe I found somewhere, they are nice, but these are fantastic. Thanks Bunnie.

Dorothy

• 2 weeks later...

I finally made these today. Could not wait to take bath before going to fireworks show. These are awesome just like you all said and so very easy. They realllllly make the skin soft. I love my sudzy bath salt so I used the both of them. it was wonderful. Thanks so much for sharng this recipe.

• 1 month later...

I LOVE this stuff!! So does everyone else.

What I wanted to add is how I've been pouring ... after everything is mixed I put it into a plastic baggie (fits into sandwich ziplock), snip the end and use like an icing bag. It makes it much easier to pipe into the cups and doesn't create such a mess like the spooning was doing for me. I just use my finger as a 'stopper' from cup to cup.

Also - anyone that has used shea butter - do the melts harden up the same as the cocoa butter? I'm finding shea M&P soap not hardening the same as others so was wondering what the butter would be like since I've just ordered 5 lbs!!

Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two questions, first I saw a recipie similar to this that had kaolin clay in it. Ive now bought some but I can't find the recipie. Do you think I can just put it in place of the cocoa powder in this recipie or is it a replacement for something else? Second, I made an all butter version that didn't work out. How much of the dry ingrediants do you think I need to add to possibly save the batch?

:o I went back and copied soapintheciys pictorial. Not to smart on computer stuff so I just copy and paste.

image.php?u=2917&dateline=1145896673SoapInTheCity user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_211958", true);

Enigma

ratingstar.gif Trader Rating: 6/100% </B>

icon1.gifBunny's Bath Melts ~ Pics~ Step By Step

Well I don't vere off from CP soap very often, but with Mother's Day coming up, I wanted to make a little more than soap for my mom and mother in law.

I have been wanting to make Bunny's Bath Melt's for months.

I gathered all the information of tips others had mentioned and just wished that there was a step by step picture guide to it, like the CP Soap has!

So, I did my best to make one for you!

A blend of Peaks Vanilla Hazelnut and Vanilla Cake

I bathed right afterwards, I could not wait, and it was fabulous!

Measured the Cocoa (&/or Shea)

I made mine with 7 oz Cocoa & 1 oz Shea

cocoaandsheasmall6xd.jpg

Measured the Baking Soda & Cornstarch

Mixed all the lumps Out!

measuredcornstarchandbakingsod.jpg

(Measure citric acid in seperate Container)

Have ready to add soon........

Add Baking Soda, Cornstarch & FO to melted but not hot, OILS.

cocoabutterbakingsodacornstarc.jpg

Add Citric Acid, and mix it quickly for about 20 seconds

I had mixed it completely at this point

justaddedcitricacidsmall5hf.jpg

Put in muffin cups size of your choice

Put in the freezer approx 15-20 minutes

(These were in 20 min's when the pic taken)

1520minsinfreezersmall3pl.jpg

Pop out of muffin cups or leave in.......Your choice

topsandbottomssmall6wa.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok first let me say that those pictures are beautiful. Having said that I decided to give it a try...twice. The first batch looked like salt dough when all was said and done. The second at least had some liquid properties to it but was still very grainy. I thought I followed everyones directions and ideas to a T, but they still are not good. Any ideas? Thanks. They do smell wonderful!!

Ok first let me say that those pictures are beautiful. Having said that I decided to give it a try...twice. The first batch looked like salt dough when all was said and done. The second at least had some liquid properties to it but was still very grainy. I thought I followed everyones directions and ideas to a T, but they still are not good. Any ideas? Thanks. They do smell wonderful!!

Mine are normally grainy too- they don't look anywhere as pretty as they do in the posted pictures. Not sure why and I've followed the recipe to a T also. The last batch I made, I added an extra ounce of cocoa butter and they were less grainy than before, but still grainy. They are still completely awesome when they're grainy though- they're my favorite thing! LOL

Thank you!! That makes me feel better. I didn't expect to have a perfect batch but I was a bit discouraged. Good to know they still work nice even when they are a little grainy. I guess the saying practice makes perfect will apply to these before I would be comfortable giving these as gifts. Thank you again.

Seems very easy to make...thanks for the recipe and the pictures!

Now I have some questions....

Do you have to refrigerate them? Let say I make them today…how could I store them so they would still be good to give as holiday gifts or is this something I should make like a few days before I give them away?

Seems very easy to make...thanks for the recipe and the pictures!

Now I have some questions....

Do you have to refrigerate them? Let say I make them today…how could I store them so they would still be good to give as holiday gifts or is this something I should make like a few days before I give them away?

I put mine in the freezer for about 20 minutes after making them. Then I take them out and put them in little bags. I used one last night that I made last spring and it worked fine for me. I store them in my basement.

• 4 weeks later...

Well hot damn! I finally made a batch that looks just like soapinthecity's.

What I did differently:

Sifted the dry ingredients and mixed them together.

Let the melted butter cool longer.

Used a creamer pitcher to pour.

Figures as I only have 8 oz of cocoa butter left.

no matter what I do mine suck. but I WILL NOT give up! Just got some amazing new cocoa butter from a nifty little place in PA and cannot wait to dig into it. As soon as I find the rest of my supplies, pack up and ship my swap, get some sleep, cook some healthy food for the kids for a change (in that order)...