Bunny's Bath Melts

wildangel112

I tried this recipe tonight - and then used one myself! OMG! I love them - I wish I would not have waited to make them! I am glad that I have time to add them to all the baskets that I have to make for the holidays! Thanks so much for this great recipe!! :wave:

Hi awesome recipe! I've made them numerous times and this last time each batch became crumbly when I added the citric acid. I added the fo anyway and smashed into clamshell and cup papers. what did I do wrong? any ideas? Thanks in advance jo

I tried this recipe tonight - and then used one myself! OMG! I love them - I wish I would not have waited to make them! I am glad that I have time to add them to all the baskets that I have to make for the holidays! Thanks so much for this great recipe!! :wave:

Hi awesome recipe! I've made them numerous times and this last time each batch became crumbly when I added the citric acid. I added the fo anyway and smashed into clamshell and cup papers. what did I do wrong? any ideas? Thanks in advance jo

• 1 month later...
Bath bombs... yeah that will happen! lol I have seen to many have horror stories with them. My molder/baller/whatchamacallit will sit on my shelf for awhile longer! <along with about 50 other things!>

Thanks for the quick response Bunny!

I've seen those post too, didn't scare me enough to not buy all the ingredients but made them?? nada

• 2 months later...

I finally decided to try this receipe out after seeing all the reviews for it. I must say it was an easy receipe to make and the results were great.:yay:

I actually made them for an swap at the GA Conference this weekend. Hopefully, the particpants will like them just as much as I have. I basically stuck to the receipe to get the full effect, I didn't add any cocoa powder I left them plain and I scented them FNWL's Milk Chocolate. Somebody thought I was baking cookies when they walked into the house...I just said it was my bath melts!!:laugh2:

I poured mixture into the candy liners, and I must say they look adorable. Thanks Bunny for the wonderful receipe!!!:)

Has anyone considered adding lecithin to help cut the grease ring in the tub?

I also wonder if colored clays would work for colorant (in place of the original recipe's cocoa powder) -- I'm thinking pink kaolin clay or Rhassoul clay.

Pink kaolin is a gentle clay, making it suitable for sensitive skin. It helps stimulate circulation to the skin while gently exfoliating and cleansing it. Pink kaolin clay does not draw oils from the skin and can therefore be used on dry skin types.

Rhassoul because of its characteristics.

• Reduces dryness (79%)
  • Reduces flakiness (41%)
  • Improves skin clarity (68%)
  • Improves skin elasticity / firmness (24%)
  • Improves skin texture (106%)
  • Removes surface oil and oil from inside and around comedons
  • Removes dead skin layers, resulting in a general smoothing of the surface skin
  • In addition to the oil removal characteristics

• 6 months later...

I am so glad that I found this! I can't find the search function anymore, and I was going to make some more of these for Christmas gifts. I made these when they were first posted, and they were SO popular. My FIL wanted to eat them, lol.

• 4 months later...

I'm a little late, but I finally got around to trying these this weekend.

They turned out "okay" but when I added the citric acid to the mix, it was more like the consistency of apple sauce so the mix was not very pourable.

So, my question is this: Do I add the citric acid to the mix when it's still a true liquid consistency (such as milk) or a little thicker (like elmers glue before it hardens - hope that's a good description)

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I just started making these and they are wonderful!!! I have been purchasing everything from wholesale supplies plus and was wondering if I could purchase the cornstarch and baking soda from the grocery store? Is it the same? Also, what do you guys charge for these? My fizzies are about 3 1/2 ounces.

• 2 weeks later...

Just made some of these for my DIL and her best friend. Didn't have Coca Butter, so used Aloe Butter. Mixed that with some VS Super Model FO and a couple of drops of pink. I don't have a mini-muffin pan but do have a silicon brownie bite pan with 24 cavities. Popped them into the freezer for about 20 minutes. Let them warm up a bit and they popped right out. Each melt is about 1 ounce. Not sure if they are large enough but will find out from my DIL. In this thread, I've seen size recommendations anywhere from 1/2 ounce to 2 ounces. They do seem to be very moisturizing and are very easy to make. Thanks Bunny!!

2of7 - Mine did the same thing, thickened up pretty quickly. I used the micro to melt the aloe and put a little heat in it. Then added everything but the Citric Acid. Stirred that pretty good to get it as smooth as possible. Once it was slightly cooler and thicker, probably about glue consistency, added the CA and mixed as hard and quickly as I could. By then, it was probably like a thick brownie mix. Once I poured two or three, I thought is was a bit too thick. So, used a spoon to fill the cavities, which worked out really well. Just need to find an icing knife or something to smooth the backs a little better.

Hope that helps. Had to help a fellow Georgian out... :cheesy2:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I poured these into the .75 oz souffle cups BCN sells. It is the perfect amount of bath melt and easy peasy packaging. I label the side of the cup with the scent name and put the customer's melt choices in a tin tie bag already labeled with ingredients and directions. I sold a lot of them at $1 a piece.

Susan

I poured these into the .75 oz souffle cups BCN sells. It is the perfect amount of bath melt and easy peasy packaging. I label the side of the cup with the scent name and put the customer's melt choices in a tin tie bag already labeled with ingredients and directions. I sold a lot of them at $1 a piece.

Susan

Thanks for sharing this Susan that is a really neat idea I'll have to try that.