What oil makes you gag when you pour it??

whiffandsniff

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i'm going to disagree with most people on here! I love the florals, they're my fave, along with the fruity ones and spicy ones, i love lavender and cinnamon and rose!!! What i hate though are the food /bakery ones, like anything with pie/cake/cookie in it!! LOL, think they're just far too sweet and heavy for me. Got a (free) sample of blackberry jam butte cookies today (daystar) and tried it out, only used like 1% and now my entire house smells of it (my mum smelt it as soon as she came in the door!!!!!!!) It's not bad, but i can't say i'm too keen, but then i'm glad i didn't use anymore!!!!

Vanilla Bourbon--CC & french roast coffee--BCS, smell great in the bottle, but make me gag when i pour them--the vanilla bourbon is so strong, that after 3 yrs a candle made with it STILL has a strong scent to it (never burned it, container had no top to it either). I don't make candles with either scent anymore, if i don't like the smell, I don't make the candle, no matter how big of a seller it is:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

AGE White Stephanotis! Didn't really make me gag, but it's an 'extremely' sweet floral. Way too sweet for me! I ended up throwing the rest of the sample, along with the candle out.

In retrospect, though, I can see adding a tiny amount of this to a greener type floral to sweeten it up a bit:)

A couple years ago I got a "Relaxation" EO blend from WSP. It was the worst smelling stuff anywhere!!! Fortunately I had just a small bottle of it. I used it for a couple candles and sent them down to my sister to give away. I couldn't wait to get that stuff out of my house!

The worst one for me is WYW vanilla grapefruit! YUCK! It has some nasty chemical smell to it. Can't stomach it at all but I have customers asking for it so I am going to have to put a close pin on my nose.:rolleyes2

• 7 months later...

I had to drag this thread back out...I laughed so hard reading this I peeee'd!LOL!!

Spring is around the corner and this thread had alot of spring scents that ppl gag over...other scents as well!

I will add my fav gag-me fo's are:

Patchouli!!!!Vomiting just thinking about it!

Baby Powder! Blech!!!

Blue Sugar!!!! Dry heaving!!!

Gardenia!!! as bad as Patchouli!!

Chocolate scents! YUKKY!

Lavendar!!!UGH! I like the Lav/Vanilla Downy type..

That's it for now!

Kimmeroo