What oil makes you gag when you pour it??

whiffandsniff

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:spit: I had a friend request something in Moonlight Path a couple of weeks ago. I left the house right afterwards to go drink a beer just to get away from it. It was disgusting (the Moonlight Path, not the beer). *faint*

I had to drag this thread back out...I laughed so hard reading this I peeee'd!LOL!!

Spring is around the corner and this thread had alot of spring scents that ppl gag over...other scents as well!

I will add my fav gag-me fo's are:

Patchouli!!!!Vomiting just thinking about it!

Baby Powder! Blech!!!

Blue Sugar!!!! Dry heaving!!!

Gardenia!!! as bad as Patchouli!!

Chocolate scents! YUKKY!

Lavendar!!!UGH! I like the Lav/Vanilla Downy type..

That's it for now!

Kimmeroo

i agree with the lavendar....BLAH...thats the first that comes to my mind LOL

This one is an easy answer..........CITRONELLA........YUCK YUCK YUCK...I took it off my scent list and placed the bottle with the remaining oil outside in the storeage shed.......lol haven't seen bugs in there in a while either.

another one for me is Gardenia.....it's just so strong it gives me a headache.

I've only poured one candle so far, and own 11 different fo's. I like them all oob thankfully. I do think I will have a problem ever having to make sweet floral type fragrances. I hope I never have to do it. I don't mind musky greener smelling things, but sweet florals give me a headache and then I feel like I'm going to puke. I was very careful reading scent descriptions, so that I wouldn't buy one that was sickening on accident. It must really stink when you get a customer who requests something that makes you want to puke.

A few people here have mentioned having to make deer pee scented candles, and someone even had a request for a fish candle. How much worse can that be!! LOL Ewwwwww!!! :(

:spit: I had a friend request something in Moonlight Path a couple of weeks ago. I left the house right afterwards to go drink a beer just to get away from it. It was disgusting (the Moonlight Path, not the beer). *faint*

OMG - I had to laugh when reading this one. First of all, not only is moonlight path one of my favorites. I think it is absolutely beautiful. But what gags me is when I am sitting at our bar with my daughter on Christmas evening and I pick up my diet wild cherry pepsi and take a big ole swig, only to realize that my mouth is now filled with half warm nasty @$$ Budweiser beer that my darling Roger left sitting there :( I am sure the look on my face was priceless and I couldn't drink enough pepsi trying to get that God awful taste out of my mouth! How can people drink that stuff? I don't just mean Budweiser, I mean beer in general. I am convinced the stuff has to be canned horse urine or something. BLAH

Sex on the Beach !!! Had a bad hangover when test burning it. So bad that I still despise it :undecided Love spell - uck, uck, uck but a big seller so I just do it.

Love love love patchouli and leather - funny how some scents bother everyone differently. I laughed out loud at the post about Hippy Christmas - love this one too :D

OK - call me weird . . .

This is a great thread and has been funny to read, lol. It is quite interesting what FO's some can tolerate/like and other can't/dis-like. I'm honestly surprised how many dislike/hate Love Spell. I personally can take it or leave it. It does nothing for me.

Now Patchouli I LOVE!! But it has to be a really good high quality Patchouli. All are NOT created equal :) I confess to being a Patchouli snob, lol.

Ones that make me gag:

Black Cherry- (OT's - don't think they sell it anymore). It gives me an instant horrid, feel like I'm going to die headache. Makes my eyes burn, makes me sick to my stomach and I go into an asthma attack. Will never soap it again, don't offer it and gave the bottle away to another soaper asap.

Lavender, Apples & Oak- (Any supplier) Instant Asthma attack, sore throat and headache.

Gluhwein- (Southern Soapers) I can't really tell you what it smells like because I never can get my nose close enough to it, lol. As soon as I get the faintest whiff of it I jerk my head away literally gagging.

ETA: I forgot- Cool Water or any dupe of it. Causes me to have some kind of horrible allergic reaction. My eyes & throat swell up, and I get a horrible haedache. It's so bad that it borders on an ER visit.

Guest Candelishis

OMG I don't know anyone who doesn't like Love Spell!!! wow. lol. I love love love pink sugar too.

Ditto on the patchouli, rose, lavender. ICK.

I also hate eucalyptus but I sell a lot of those too. My mom bought a eucalyptus candle from me, and my dad won't let her burn it :D He calls her a hippy and tells her it stinks..LOL!! :laugh2:

Anything Baby or Floral grosses me totally out. BCN's Cookies for Santa Definately smells like PUKE. I poured it ONE time and threw out the one pound bottle. I usually test with pounders. Patchouli is too nasty for words. I'm testing Love Spell and it is kind of sweet, but hoping it sells. I can stand Lavender and Pink Sugar. One fo that sells well for me that I can't stand is WW's and KY's Oatmeal Raisin Cookie. :tongue2:

• 3 years later...

One of my top sellers is an issue for me; Lilac. I can't stand it, but it the FO I use is a great scent for those that love it. The other scent I don't love pouring straight is Lavender. Something about it straight sickens me, but I do a Lavender Vanilla blend that I find nice. Weird, eh?