Candle Science giving them more biz

So, I've bought from CS from time to time, but I would never consider them "one of my suppliers" because my buying from there has been sporadic and few and far between. I basically buy their sampler pack of FO's when it's on their yearly sale. But now that they are only a state away, I've been paying more attention. 

They carry my wax, I love their scents, so yesterday I spent a ton of money on an order, and the shipping price wasn't too bad considering I got 2 cases of wax and some jars/lids with some FO. 

We'll see how long it takes to get here now. 

I've never been displeased before, I just really never considered them as a supplier other than a few scents here and there.

Anyway, that's my news about them. LOL 

What's been your experience if you use them as a regular supplier?

• Like 3

I'm not a high volume seller, but for candles, they are my main supplier.  I get my wax from them, and I use about a dozen of their scents in my regular lineup.  I also buy 16oz square masons from them for our BBQ sauce.  Their cost for shipping larger orders is the most reasonable for me.  I'm in WV.  Shipping takes 2 days to me, and they process orders quickly.  Orders by 3:00p.m. ship same day.  They are on my route to visit my daughter in NC, and sometimes I am able to pick up orders.  Warehouse service is great.  I have no complaints at all.  I just wish they carried a larger selection of FO's.

I don't buy a ton from them, but I've never been disappointed with their fo.  I make sure that I watch their soy rating and it's usually spot on.  Customer service is awesome from them, they take care of problems promptly and ship out quickly.

Okay all of this is good to know and about what I expected. I can get my wax cheaper by the case and shipping than I can from Peak now that they moved out of here. (still totally bummed about that) In fact most places have less expensive case prices than Peak, but when I could pick up my wax on my lunch break, it didn't matter that their case prices were about $5-$10 more, nobody would ship it for that!! Grr... 

Anyway, I'm just glad I found a close (ish) supplier so I don't have to raise my prices significantly. 

With Candle Science the only scents I actually had as regular scents in my line-up is their Raspberry Sangria (LOVE this one - wish it was skin safe!!) and Cotton Candy. I've recently tried their Cucumber Mint and have decided to add that to my line up as well. It's awesome! Hopefully now that I will use them a bit more, I can find more to fall in love with. :)

1 hour ago, Jcandleattic said:

Okay all of this is good to know and about what I expected. I can get my wax cheaper by the case and shipping than I can from Peak now that they moved out of here. (still totally bummed about that) In fact most places have less expensive case prices than Peak, but when I could pick up my wax on my lunch break, it didn't matter that their case prices were about $5-$10 more, nobody would ship it for that!! Grr... 

Anyway, I'm just glad I found a close (ish) supplier so I don't have to raise my prices significantly. 

With Candle Science the only scents I actually had as regular scents in my line-up is their Raspberry Sangria (LOVE this one - wish it was skin safe!!) and Cotton Candy. I've recently tried their Cucumber Mint and have decided to add that to my line up as well. It's awesome! Hopefully now that I will use them a bit more, I can find more to fall in love with. :)

If you ever want a Cinnamon type FO, you will fall in love with https://www.candlescience.com/fragrance/red-hot-cinnamon-fragrance-oil  You can thank me later for filling your house with the smell of Red Hot Cin :D

2nd Best IMHO they carry is https://www.candlescience.com/fragrance/macintosh-apple-fragrance-oil  Turns your room into an apple orchard.  HT is excellent and same for cold. Two very good FO's to at least sample and give a try. Ive used them in soy each at about 9.5% and been very pleased. You can add more but I was conserving to make multiple test batches. I currently have some Comfort 4627 coming and will be testing these two FO's in parrafin for the first time. 

Edited by Clear Black
  • Like 1

Yeah, them being in NV is the main reason I'm going to be buying my wax from them. Everywhere else is too expensive. 

We have another supplier that is opening up about an hours drive from here, but when I talked to the lady about what wax she would be carrying, IGI isn't one of them because she said that IGI told her they couldn't sell to her because Peak may come back here. 

I think that is stupid of IGI. I sincerely doubt Peak will come back, but they very well could surprise me. If they do, I'll be one happy camper, but I'm not going to hold my breath. 

I use CS a lot but now mostly for FOs, wicks, UVI, and dye chips. I try to buy most of my candle scents from them because their prices and variety work for me. Plus as kandlekrazy mentioned their soy ratings are spot on and pretty dependable. But I buy my glassware from Fillmore and that's also where I buy FOs for my candles. So between CS and FMC that is where I get the majority of my candle supplies. I buy my wax from Peak's PA warehouse since CS does not carry my palm wax. If they did, I would still be getting it from CS.

• Like 1

I use CS and love their FO's! I don't think I've gotten one yet that I didn't like except maybe Amaretto Nog (think that's where that one came from). I've had wax shipped to me from them just as cheap as I can get it from Lone Star even though I'm in Texas, which I thought was a little odd but it was. The only thing I didn't like that I've only used one time was their liquid dye. They may have changed since I bought a bottle from them but I don't care for liquid dyes that aren't in glass bottles and don't have a dropper. Other than that I've been very happy with their customer service and FO's!

I will chime in on the CS bandwagon too!  They are a good supplier and fast shipping.  I would probably have them as my main supplier if they weren't so far away but there are some of the FOs that I cannot go without so that is mostly what I order from them.

i dont sell large quantities of candles but they are my main supplier, i am on the east coast and the have good shipping to me in MA. I buy 50lbs of the GB444 and as long as i order other supplies (usually order jars) at the same time shipping isn't bad at all plus it only takes a few days. I also cant think of a scent that just didnt work in my candles, i usually had hot throw issues by not letting it cure long enough. 

I have had zero problems with CandleScience. I like their FOs (nearly all I tried except for Chocolate Fudge)

Blue Spruce and Red Hot Cinnamon are darn near perfect! Plus many others.

Only beef I have with CS, is their wick assortment. Don't carry any of my preferred wicks.

Also, I find their wick sizing and recommendation chart not to be very good (just my experience).

I also wish shipping was cheaper or they had a location near me, but it is what is is.

I would prefer to make CS my main supplier...but lack of having all or most of my supplies is the only inhibiting factor.

• Like 1

I appreciate everyone's comments. Like I said, it's about what I expected but good to know so many have had such good experiences with them. Good to know about the discount. That might be why shipping wasn't too bad with the 2 cases of wax and jars that I ordered on Sunday... 

I also got shipping confirmation that my order shipped yesterday afternoon and that I'll be getting it tomorrow. :D

I used to order just about everything from them but when the shipping got very expensive I started shopping elsewhere.  I have no complaints about them.  Their oils are awesome and great quality and never had a problem.  It's a real nice company.

Trappeur

When all is said and done the majority of my supplies are from CS-  I do get my wax, jars and lids there as well as my warning labels and probably 75% of my oils 

I got very frustrated with them when they opened another warehouse and charged so much more in shipping and double shipping when the order was split between the 2 locations 

The last case of jars came with many broken but they did quickly send me out replacements 

Their fragrances are wonderful and I can't find a better price with shipping on the jars and wax, they seem to be getting better about keeping both warehouses stocked it's been awhile since that has happened to me 

so I got over my frustration because they are a solid company that I wouldn't think will just disappear like many others 

btw....I haven't done much at all this summer with candles and haven't ordered in supplies awhile but what happened with peak?  Did they just move and to where.... 

• Like 1

Peak closed their warehouse in Colorado this past year due to the state's marijuana industry. They couldn't compete so they closed it down. They do have a new distribution warehouse outside Harrisburg, PA so they are on the East coast now. Which is great news for me. They are smack dab in the center of the area with all the other PA suppliers I use so it's been really a blessing for me. So now I am starting to use them again since they are so close.

Yeah, what Candy said about Peak. Warehousing prices have basically gone up about 1000% (no, not a typo or exaggeration) in the metro area, and companies struggle to meet the new pricing structure unless they are a grow house. It's sad really. So many quality companies have moved out of here in the last couple years, and it's basically just a big pot city and stinks to high heaven. 

I have always LOVED and been proud to be from Colorado, but lately it's getting to the point, I almost hate it here. :( 

Bum deal on Peak not being in Colorado any more. I didn't know, which now makes it really tough for me on quite a few supplies that we get from there. We can't just drive out and get and bring home ... grr. An inconvenience, but something we'll overcome somehow. As for CS, that's where I get my candle molds and a few scents, not a lot. Shipping has always been ultra fast from them and no complaints on their customer service. 

When I first started in candles I used Candle Science a lot.  Then it seemed like every time I had a list of things to order they had discontinued important things that I needed.  I understand to keep good prices you need to keep a close eye on what inventory moves, but if you are relying on a certain wick that they seem to be the ONLY company carrying that wick it can be very frustrating when it just disappears.  I've worked out the issues in my tealights now and have moved to a different wick entirely, but the few that I've made with some leftover CS TL wicks are still the absolute best burning tealights, and long too!!  6 hours with a solid flame....grumble....

Now that Peak is here in PA, I rarely order more than occasional fragrances from CandleScience.

CS is who I have been using as my main supplier. Although, I'm only a couple of months in to my candle making. I use the Libbey apothecary jars, and have hunted high and low for a price that beats theirs for the jars and lids. As far as fragrances go, I am hooked on the Grapefruit & Mangosteen, Macintosh Apple (the best apple fragrance, absolutely out of this world!), English Garden (I add extra straight lilac to this one, and it's amazing). I have heard rave reviews about the Peach Nectar and I ordered a large bottle and hated it OOB and in the candle itself. The Mistletoe from CS is perfect and everyone loves it! Will be in my lineup for Christmas---I've already sold several! I  am going to be using RE for several fall and holiday fragrances, as I've been reading the reviews on here. But, overall,I love CS--very fast shipping. Great packaging and free FO sample with orders over $25. I had some issues with frosting with my GW 464, and customer service was extremely helpful. Shipping is not cheap, but I think that's just what to expect when dealing with the weight that we do for our candle making. 

• Like 1