What scent do you hate to make?

Here's a fun question (hopefully):

What scent do your customers LOVE that you absolutely HATE to have to make? For me, it's cinnamon. Of course, it's my most popular scent. Also, is there any scent that for you is just not worth the sale? In other words, do you just refuse to make it because you can't stand the smell? (for me it's rose)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta say monkey farts. I've had to pour so much of it, I makes me gag now. I too, refuse to pour leather. I don't pour baby powder & rose unless i have a special request. yuck to all of them.

Fresh Linen makes me feel so sick. Cotton Blossom and Asian Amber are other ones I feel sick when I have them burning or I am making them. I said it wasn't worth it but now I am using them in tarts and wickless so not as much testing with them.

I had an allergic reaction to Apple Blossom recently too. I was sneezing and coughing like crazy. Not sure about keeping that one.

There are 3 I hate the same

Fresh Cut Roses but makes a decent candle

Campfire Smoke-Hate this one with making and burning.I cannot even smell it with a cold throw without my eyes burning.A few people like it though

Cherry-It is horrid making and a rancid cold throw BUT OMG it is a great smelling candle. If I can just get people to buy it after sniffing it.I might have to have one burning in order to sell it. :laugh2:

LynnS

Ah' i hate lavender ...gross gross gross! It hates me too though , so the feeling is mutual LOL

But my MIL loves it...so i guess i will be making some tarts for her soon, cause she needs more ...gah! LOL

Also, not a big floral fan either...lol

I happen to love lavender and its a good thing because it is a best seller for me.

On the other hand I gag at the smell of lilac. Pouring gingerbread will give me a stomach ache and cramps and home for the holidays makes me nauseaus and dizzy.

Hmmm.....I have LOTS that I hate to pour. Most floral scents I hate....especially ROSE, it just makes me want to throw up! My best friend abolutely loves FRENCH MARKET and I hate pouring that, it is absolutely the best way to start my gag reflex. When pour that it seems like that is all I smell for days! Hate Patchouli & /Sandlewood. There are more I hate but I might end up writing a book. The ones I hate I don't pour unless someone asks for them.

Lovespell. Ew, ick, nasty. I used to love that scent but I guess I overdosed on it because now I get an instant headache!

I can't stand most earthy scents, specifically patchouli so I don't carry them, lol.

LMAO at Trish!

Adding Wild Mountain Honey to my list of can't stands. Some days it's a great scent, but most of the time I have sneezing fits. I'm not a big honey fan anyway, but so be it. It still gets made as long as it sells lol.