What scent do you hate to make?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cherry is horrible for me....reminds me of cherry cough syrup I had to take as a kid. Other ones include Buttered Rum, White Diamonds, and Gardenia. Lavender is an ok one but I don't like pouring it very often. Campfire is very popular for me too and I hate that one as well.

gardenia, I can't stand it, jasmine, honeysuckle. Unless they are sweet like bath and body works, I can't stand them. I get sick watching the customers stick their nose in the candle. But I have to make them. I could pour melons all day. There are many I won't pour. If they are not great sellers, then I don't pour them if I don't like them.

I love good lavender. But most of them are fakey and stink. Candle Science has one that has the real thing in it. I love that one. The EOs in lavender are much better than FOs. Have you noticed that once you pour a batch of candles, that scent never smells the same to you. I almost don't want to pour my favorites. I am afraid I won't like them anymore.

I love good lavender. But most of them are fakey and stink. Candle Science has one that has the real thing in it. I love that one. The EOs in lavender are much better than FOs. Have you noticed that once you pour a batch of candles, that scent never smells the same to you. I almost don't want to pour my favorites. I am afraid I won't like them anymore.

yes. I'm scared to pour anything lemon after pouring NG 7up pound cake. That stuff smells like a huge vat of industrial lemon pledge.

Wine & Roses!! I smell that stuff for days after smelling it!! Gives me instant headache and feel sick to my stomach.

Lavender! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one!! :P

Butterscotch Brulee is one that is too sweet for me. I have to leave the room for the rest of the day after pouring this one or I'll lose my lunch!!

Hate to make it:

Summer Sensation

Henna (which luckily I think is getting discontinued)

Watermelon

Not worth making cause I hate it so much:

Roses

Most Vanillas (though I have one that's very close to real vanilla beans that's semi-popular)

Cucumber Aloe

Lavender. I, myself, do not find it healing or calming at all. :laugh2: I have a devoted customer though, she buys me out every time.

I agree 100%...I ware a respirator when I pour it. The scent make me ill and I have tried so many different FO's and EO's.

MLJ

I can't stomach "Creme Brulee" - makes me want to throw up but it's a gooooood seller for me so I suffer. I had an order for two Creme Brulee Wax Dipped Bears for Mother's Day and had to put them in the garage until I could bag them up. This FO would be my all time worse.

These are disgusting scents to me:

Lovespell, Monkey Farts,Sex on the Beach

I got samples of all these a few weeks back because everyone talks about what great sellers they are and how they love them....I made them up and gagged as I did them. I gave them away and won't offer them in my line of candles...They all are cheap and so fake those scents to me...I just can't figure out what the rage is about....And to me, they pretty much all smell the same way, tuiti, fruiti, girli girli 5 and dime scents...lol...The only good thing about them is they are POWERFUL scents....I wish all my scents were as strong as these...

And pink sugar I don't like but I sell to a few select people who love it....but not me!

Trappeur