When you are a FOHO...

Ravens

best thing to do is: just admit to it!

So, my dear friends and addicts, I am going to admit here that I'm a FOHO.  :blush:

Over the past week I received shipments of FOs from AH-RE, Fillmore, Candle Science, The Candle Source, Lone Star, Cajun Candle. Just wanting to add a few more to my 200+ collection.  But, hey, I've got candles, wax tarts, soaps, lotions, etc. to make!  My actions are justified, right? 😁

Just a quick question:  do you sometimes find yourself looking at your stash of FOs and feeling "lost", not knowing which one you should reach for (because you've got so darn many)?  That's me these days! 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

I am a binge FO shopper. 😶😶

I might need one oil, but you know you can't get just one, cause shipping! ...but then I shop around on price from other suppliers once  I spot a few that I want to try... but of course I can't not get the original oil even after I spot four more from another supplier that I want... and OMG there's a sale over there!! 😵😵

So for a week solid I'll have a package on my doorstep every day! 😂

Thank goodness the testing will keep me busy! Until I run out of wax and the process starts again!

• Haha 4

I'm just starting down this treacherous path so I'm just drinking my FO, not mainlining it.  If you had to pick one FO supplier which would it be based on variety of scents and quality of fragrances?  I've ordered from CS and Flaming Candle so far.  Just wondering if there's maybe a quality supplier out there that isn't one of the top 5 on Google.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, xxxAlpha71xxx said:

I'm just starting down this treacherous path so I'm just drinking my FO, not mainlining it.  If you had to pick one FO supplier which would it be based on variety of scents and quality of fragrances?  I've ordered from CS and Flaming Candle so far.  Just wondering if there's maybe a quality supplier out there that isn't one of the top 5 on Google.

Your path becomes even more treacherous when you Drink the FO. Might want to rethink that one.

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, xxxAlpha71xxx said:

For variety my favorite is Nature's Garden. Holy moly, they have a zillion fragrances. Not all of them work in wax though, so testing is imperative.

For quality my new favorite is Pure Fragrance Oils. Their FOs are just amazing.

• Like 4

I do like Candle Science in that every fragrance I have gotten from them are strong. Other companies hit or miss. Love Flaming Candle, Fillmore, but have had hit or misses with them in terms of scent strength in wax, for example Fillmore apple blossom is beautiful but it’s a light scent. Not even sure it would work in cp soap either.

• Like 1

In my experience, Candle Science fragrances always do well in my waxes.  I really do not have a second supplier but a lot of them!  In no particular order - well, some order, my most reliable FOs come from:

Aroma Haven/Rustic Escentuals

Peak

Elements

The Flaming Candle

Cajun

Aztec

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, lovelyscents said:

I fit this category very much.  Sometimes I wonder if I get more excitement from reading the description and receiving oils to smell vs putting them in products LOL.  My dear friend @Belinda is also guilty 😂🤷‍♀️.

Guilty as charged! 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, CandleRush said:

I say we all meet once a year, maybe somewhere warm, hey I’m in Wisconsin no palm trees here, and bring all our f.o.s and have a swap!😀

That sounds like a great idea! I live in a warm climate and not that far from Galveston which does have palm trees! 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 5:32 PM, NightLight said:

I do like Candle Science in that every fragrance I have gotten from them are strong. Other companies hit or miss. Love Flaming Candle, Fillmore, but have had hit or misses with them in terms of scent strength in wax, for example Fillmore apple blossom is beautiful but it’s a light scent. Not even sure it would work in cp soap either.

FM apple blossom Works great in cp but my people are not into it 🤦🏻‍♀️

A swap sounds great. Trying hard, and I mean HARD to use up what I have this year and really be a boss when buying new. If I were my employee I’d probably be fired. 

• Like 2

I find myself wanting to not put some of the older samples in wax.  I don't like them OOB, they're weak OOB or whatever...and I know they're going to be a failure in wax.   I make myself wax them before I let myself use the new pretties.  It's killing me and slowing the testing cycle. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, KrisS said:

I find myself wanting to not put some of the older samples in wax.  I don't like them OOB, they're weak OOB or whatever...and I know they're going to be a failure in wax.   I make myself wax them before I let myself use the new pretties.  It's killing me and slowing the testing cycle. 

I can’t think of too many that blew me away after testing if I didn’t care for them out of bottle. 

On 6/15/2019 at 6:25 AM, NightLight said:

Too bad about that Apple blossom! It’s really a pretty scent. Trying to figure out a use for it as it’s quite light.

If it burns well, and you have people that like Apple blossom, sometimes light is good.  Plus, I think we are all over exposed so light is really strong to normal noses. 

I have about 5-6 cases of leftover FO I am not using. This does not include the boxes of samples.

For the samples we could do a simple exchange post. Send out 20 FOs (or whatever fits into a medium or small USPS flat rate box to a participant, they take what they want, refill with theirs to make up the ones taken, mail it out to the next participant, and so on and so on. I am willing if anyone else wants to do this.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Candybee said:

I have about 5-6 cases of leftover FO I am not using. This does not include the boxes of samples.

For the samples we could do a simple exchange post. Send out 20 FOs (or whatever fits into a medium or small USPS flat rate box to a participant, they take what they want, refill with theirs to make up the ones taken, mail it out to the next participant, and so on and so on. I am willing if anyone else wants to do this.

Yes, please!  Let's do this! :yes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Candybee said:

Great idea Candy - I'm in !

• Like 1

I literally just cleaned and reorganized my oils this week, thinking " Damn, I have a lot of FO's , I should probably cut back a little". 
Then two of my candle making friends did the same, so we ended up swaping unwanted items- glassware,lids,dyes, FO's, molds.  It was like Christmas !!!
I ended up with some new scents to play with, really good ones that I've always wanted but never ordered.
I'm ready to get back to work in the Wax Lair now 😁

Edited by chevcher
  • Like 2