When you are a FOHO...

Ravens

2 hours ago, CandleRush said:

Let’s include our wick stash as well!🤪

Oh, no. I could never get rid of my wicks.  They are like my children.  They don't work and they take up too much space, but I'm holding out hope that one day they will be useful. 😉

• Haha 5

Wicks? I have amassed a ginormous collection.  Just when I think I should toss or sell some, amazingly one works that I otherwise would not have considered. Just bought a new set of boxes to organize and store MOrE! Lol. 

• Haha 1

There is no way in Hell that I will cut back on my FO's or wicks..............I may not pour a specific scent for a long time but down the road, I may want to experiment with blending............and if I have various scents/wicks on hand, GAME ON!!!!

You know it's bad when you reorder samples that you've previously ordered and don't realize it until you start looking through the "samples" box.  I could start a whole new candle line with the samples I've ordered and never used.  It's also bad when the UPS/Fed Ex/USPS delivery person asks what new scents you ordered.

• Haha 6

FO addiction is bad here.  My husband tells me that if I have not used a fragrance in one year, chances are I will not be using it at all, so "just throw it away"...

What can I say?  He just does not understand a FOHO. 😟

I throw them out if they smell bad; otherwise, they stay.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/10/2019 at 4:35 PM, Sarah S said:

For variety my favorite is Nature's Garden. Holy moly, they have a zillion fragrances. Not all of them work in wax though, so testing is imperative.

For quality my new favorite is Pure Fragrance Oils. Their FOs are just amazing.

Yayyy!  I’m so glad that I told you about them and that you agree about their quality!  This is definitely a case of QUALITY.... PFO ROCKS!  🙌🏼  What are some of your favs so far Sarah?  I have an extensive collection from them.  

Edited by Marleigha

On 8/29/2019 at 10:12 AM, Marleigha said:

Yayyy!  I’m so glad that I told you about them and that you agree about their quality!  This is definitely a case of QUALITY.... PFO ROCKS!  🙌🏼  What are some of your favs so far Sarah?  I have an extensive collection from them.  

I am so in love with their Bergamot Tobacco. ❤️❤️❤️ I made some melts for my office with that, and everyone always exclaims over how good my office smells!

I also adore their Sugar Cookie, so good!

My new favorite is Celestial Seas. So so so strong, and such a beautiful clean ocean smell!

Normally I use 6-7% load in my candles, but I can back down to 4-5% with the PFO oils, so even the more expensive ones are a great value!

15 hours ago, Sarah S said:

I am so in love with their Bergamot Tobacco. ❤️❤️❤️ I made some melts for my office with that, and everyone always exclaims over how good my office smells!

I also adore their Sugar Cookie, so good!

My new favorite is Celestial Seas. So so so strong, and such a beautiful clean ocean smell!

Normally I use 6-7% load in my candles, but I can back down to 4-5% with the PFO oils, so even the more expensive ones are a great value!

I have just poured the Bergamot Tobacco and LOVED  it while pouring. Curing now. Think it will be a FAV!  I am also new to the PFO bandwagon and have been pleased with their oils...

• Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 1:22 PM, Candybee said:

I have about 5-6 cases of leftover FO I am not using. This does not include the boxes of samples.

For the samples we could do a simple exchange post. Send out 20 FOs (or whatever fits into a medium or small USPS flat rate box to a participant, they take what they want, refill with theirs to make up the ones taken, mail it out to the next participant, and so on and so on. I am willing if anyone else wants to do this.

@Candybee  I still want to do this!!

Admitted addict here too.  I actually have a 5 foot shelving unit with shoe/photo boxes for each oil company that I store all my bottles in and I'm officially out of space.  If it didn't cost so much to ship stuff I know I'd do a lot more damage!  I have to stop looking at all of your favorite places to get oils from because if I didn't already shop there before, I will, and then I'll have to add another list in my notebook and another shoe box!  ...and win the lottery! 

We should start an FO swap board.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2019 at 10:01 AM, Ravens said:

best thing to do is: just admit to it!

So, my dear friends and addicts, I am going to admit here that I'm a FOHO.  :blush:

Over the past week I received shipments of FOs from AH-RE, Fillmore, Candle Science, The Candle Source, Lone Star, Cajun Candle. Just wanting to add a few more to my 200+ collection.  But, hey, I've got candles, wax tarts, soaps, lotions, etc. to make!  My actions are justified, right? 😁

Just a quick question:  do you sometimes find yourself looking at your stash of FOs and feeling "lost", not knowing which one you should reach for (because you've got so darn many)?  That's me these days! 🤔

Oh yes, the FO stash.........a blessing and a curse.  I honestly have just stopped getting on the sites to just "see what's new".  I found that when I have a gazillion scents to pick from I end up feeling a bit stressed out, if that makes sense.  I do love the thrill of seeing the box sitting on my doorstep (actually in TX you have to set alerts for when FO's are delivered by the carriers or they'll bake in the sun) and opening each glorious little sample bottle.  Then I just have to put them on the FO shelf and determine which one to try first.  I've gone through my FO's and gotten rid of scents that are old or stinky and when I get new scents in, I immediately determine if they're a keeper or not.  No sense in storing scents you'll never use.  Long story short.......stay off of your computer 

It gives me a sense of satisfaction to empty a 16 oz bottle of FO.  One less bottle in my stuffed cabinets.  I had emptied quite a few lately working on a fundraising order.  But they needed more Cinnamon Bun and I had used it all, so I just HAD to place an order with Candlescience to get some more, and everyone knows you can't order just one bottle because of shipping cost.  PLUS Candlescience was having their 99 cent sample sale at that time, which I had determined to ignore......until I needed the Cinnamon Bun.  :) 

But I feel I was fairly reasonable in what I ordered, I always need more Very Vanilla, and I loved the Pumpkin Caramel Crunch so ordered another bottle of it.  The only 'new' one I got was Apple Harvest which I had years ago.  I always order the 99 cent samples of the the same fragrances I order in the 16 oz size, then pour the samples into the larger bottles.  Might as well save a little per pound however you can.

To my credit, I did resist Fragrance Buddy's Labor Day sale.  It was hard though.  :) 

By the way, I know the lady in charge of the fundraiser and she had asked for suggestions on Facebook of who to use for a candle fundraiser.  Naturally most of the suggestions were Yankee Candle, then my daughter put up a link to my FB candle page.  The fundraiser was for a small church youth group which I could accommodate and so far it has been a big success.  I was told that their customers were going crazy over the Pumpkin candles.  Yay!

• Like 4