Absolute WORST smelling FO's you've ever used

GailC

I don't dig Nag Champa either, but boy, does it sell.  

Lilac smells horrible to me, but it's my top-selling floral, so I just tough it out when I sniff test a fresh batch for throw.  *gag*  Thankfully, I wear a painter's mask when I pour it, or I just toss that job off to Lovely Assistant and leave the workshop to do paperwork.  LOL

A strong coffee scent I tried once had a skunk note.  P. friggin.  U.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

Another vote for CS Whiskey.  Barf.  I despise ALL the Fruit Loops FO's.  Cereal in general.
But the one I absolutely cannot stand above all others is Santa's Whiskers from RE.  Smells like something crawled in Santa's beard and died.

HAHAHA and Rustic Escentual's Santa's Whiskers is one I'm really liking.  Different strokes!

GoldieMN

On 9/27/2017 at 8:54 AM, GailC said:

Someone suggest a thread about this.  So I started one because I want @Trappeur to tell her story about the Marijuana candles she poured again.  :) 

My absolute worst smelling FO is NG Fresh Brewed Coffee.  Oh how I detest that smell.  It was supposed to smell better in wax than OOB, but it doesn't.  I can barely stand to take the lid off the candle for someone to smell it.  The funny thing is though, some people actually like it!

Next on my worst list would have to be Just Scent's Cashmere Glow.  Ewww. I ordered that per special request for a customer.  No one else seems to like it either.  Had to put it on the clearance shelf in my booth last year.

A couple of others I just don't care for are NG Guardian Angel and Sandalwood.  They are not good sellers either.  

One more, Cierra's Autumn Lodge. I just don't like those smokey smells much and neither do my customers.

The worst two ( I am sorry, this is a tie because they smelled so similar ! ) I smelled so far were both from WSP, which is one of my fave places for FO, ironically !

I ordered their Pink Sugar one day. Not sure why, because I am 100% satisfied with TCS’s PS, lol...but I love WSP, & figured, why not ?? 

It was a HUGE mistake ! It smelled like....I don’t even know ! Dirt, heavy musk, maybe patchouli ?? Not my bag at all... I ordered like 8 oz, maybe a pound ? Tossed it ! THAT bad ! Not redeemable in blends or anything.

i ordered Warm Vanilla Sugar, also from WSP, & I kid you not, it smells almost EXACTLY like their alleged PS dupe ! 

By the time I ordered Hello Sugar, I was terrified of their “ sugar “ dupes 😂 And ordered the smallest available, a 2 oz. What do you know, that one was a PERFECT dupe !!! Lol. I wish I ordered a lb ofthat one.

I just poured a dozen candles yesterday in Flamings "Chardonnay" for an account I have.  It is one of her top #1 sellers.  OMG, I'm sitting here trying to enjoy my coffee gagging from the stank stench of this scent from yesterday.  I have to tell the owner something today when I deliver her order with these candles in it that this will be the last order she can get from me in this VILE scent....It has permeated my house from yesterday and is embedded in my nostrils and I kid you not I wreak of this scent and I even took a shower.  I still have to top off these candles in a bit, so I have to heat up the oil, pour it and quickly pour the little bit wax that is in my pot in my garbage.  I'll rush these candles outside on the deck railing till the top off hardens, then I will box up separately and put in a double paper bag and get these DISGUSTING candles to her later today.  I just can't imagine people wanting to smell the putrid, stomach turning, VILE scent in their homes.  So either I tell her outright what I think about this scent which I have done in the past but I wasn't as descriptive as I have been here..... or just say the scent has been discontinued.   I refuse to make this..

Trappeur

• Haha 2

I do not like Vanillary FB I believe .If I remember correctly it is a Lush type scent . I had a request for this one & never again .I just cannot stand to smell this scent at all . Sorry if I have offended anyone whom may like this one . I totally agree on WSP Pink Sugar dupe ,yuk . I threw mine out immediately .

If it's cool & windy there like it is in Michigan, open the windows 

and leave some open boxes of 

baking soda out. It took days to get stinky FO's out of the air. 

If you have s spray mist bottle 

put some water & vinegar or 

water n baking soda & mist the 

air & furniture too. 

Great idea Moonstar...I just did what you suggested. My windows have been open for weeks Gail.....It's so beautiful here now at this time of the year.  Last week I got very sick and never got out of my jammies for 2 days...I kid you not it was that horrible pouring that scent and something I don't ever do is throw up...which I did.  I need to get some masks with as much as I've been pouring.  I got up the nerve and sent an email to my customer and said this will be the last Chardonnay order she will be getting from me because of the situation.  Actually I think CS has a chardonnay but it is different, somewhat if I remember correctly more sweet.  I told her I can bring in a sample to smell.

Trappeur

On 9/28/2017 at 5:09 PM, bfroberts said:

Another vote for CS Whiskey.  Barf.  I despise ALL the Fruit Loops FO's.  Cereal in general.
But the one I absolutely cannot stand above all others is Santa's Whiskers from RE.  Smells like something crawled in Santa's beard and died.

I love Santa's Whiskers!  One of my all time favorites.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

@Moonstar OMG, I mixed the Candlescience Oakmoss & Amber with soy, yesterday,  but couldn't even pour it in a jar or save it for firestarters.  It went right in the garbage.  

GoldieMN

:laugh2::laugh2:It was so bad !!!

Edited by Moonstar

3 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

@Moonstar OMG, I mixed the Candlescience Oakmoss & Amber with soy, yesterday,  but couldn't even pour it in a jar or save it for firestarters.  It went right in the garbage.  

GoldieMN

Seriously??  Lol- that's a big seller for me and I personally love it 

Hansel and gretal CS.....omg is it horrific - I threw up and was so nauseous for days 

I will never ever make that Scent again and I had people wanting it well after Xmas and I was firm on my hell to the NO!

most sweet foods make me sick I can't do them and I won't carry them 

On 10/7/2017 at 10:37 AM, GoldieMN said:

GoldieMN

Wow!  That is one of our top sellers!  Crazy how we all have different sniffers!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ellajoan said:

Wow!  That is one of our top sellers!  Crazy how we all have different sniffers!

Lol ! Yeah the scent even OOB made me gag lol ! It literally permitted through my whole house and I could actually taste in my my mouth lol ! It is CRAZY isn't it :laugh2:

Im glad you like it though :) 

On 9/28/2017 at 8:09 PM, bfroberts said:

:laugh2:

On 9/28/2017 at 8:09 PM, bfroberts said:

Barf....:laugh2:

I've been around enough drunks in my life time and I agree the stench of whiskey especially kissing someone is "Barf time to me"....

Now I could see Whiskey as a blend in something like making a whiskey barrel cider candle...I could do that....It does have that pungent smell to it...I could understand someone not liking it...

Trappeur

I'm with Trappeur on the MJ sent.  A coworker asked for one so I ordered a small bottle and made him one.  From having it in the car just from home to work the stink penetrated into every part of the car and remained there for weeks.  Every time I drove the car, I drove soooo carefully, afraid a cop would stop me for something and he'd smell it & cause me problems.  The worse part was that it didn't smell like good weed, just pure dirt weed if that makes sense to anyone.

• Haha 2