Absolute WORST smelling FO's you've ever used

GailC

• 5 months later...

This thread was fun to read through again.  You all were so creative at describing the FO's you hated.  :)  Makes me want to steer clear of them.  I bought some Sweetgrass many years ago from an individual.  I thought it was nice and liked burning my candle.  Until my niece said it smelled like a porta potty.  That did it for me.  :) 

But reading this thread was bittersweet because it made me miss Trappeur.  :( 

• Like 3

My first time reading through this thread and I agree with GailC, it's definitely an interesting read. 😂

Earlier this week, I got a sniffie sample of Thunderstorm Scented Type from SOS. It immediately went into a ziplock baggie and into the trash! It smelled like pungent, urine soaked cat litter. As a kid, we had a not-so-tidy neighbor with a lot of cats. She would pay me 25 cents to bring her mail inside and I'll never forget the ammonia-like urine smell of the litter boxes in her house. I can't fathom how SOS could even remotely consider that oil a "thunderstorm" scent. 🤢

Bum Bum Type from TCS smells like an atrocious bathroom cleaner.

Almond Milk and Sea Salt from JS. I had high hopes for this one, but all I could get from it was that sterile, alcohol-like smell you breathe in at hospitals.

Cake Bake from Indigo is 100% plastic & chemicals to my nose. I find that a lot of vanillas (and cake scents) have a "barf-like" chemical smell to them as well.

While I haven't and will never sample such a fragrance, SOS has a Halitosis oil that is said to be beyond vile.

• Like 1

@Dreamer, I can almost smell those horrible scents, you describe them so well. HALITOSIS?!!!!!  WHY?

You getting paid to take mail inside the stinky cat house brought back a memory.  A lady paid me to take her to the store back in the 70's.  I forget what people called her, Stinky lady or something like that.  She smelled so bad, I didn't want people to know I was with her in the store.  Now that's a nice Christian attitude.  Just like Jesus.  :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
16 hours ago, SageSlowdive said:

Bumping this great old thread!

Just used the "Pizza" fragrance oil from TheCandlemakersStore and it was repulsive. Literally threw the batch out the backdoor before it could even cure. Horrible, horrible smell that reminded me of vomit.

I don't even understand why they make oils like this! I guess for gags. EEEEWWWWW!!!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Belinda said:

I don't even understand why they make oils like this! I guess for gags. EEEEWWWWW!!!

I had a legit candle idea in mind for it, but my goodness - I also bought a 'beef jerky' fragrance from them and it is like sticking a piece of bbq up your nose and leaving it there. I ended up using it but wow.

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, SageSlowdive said:

Bumping this great old thread!

Just used the "Pizza" fragrance oil from TheCandlemakersStore and it was repulsive. Literally threw the batch out the backdoor before it could even cure. Horrible, horrible smell that reminded me of vomit.

"Literally threw the batch out the backdoor ..."   ... I don't know if I'd do that!  Now nothing will ever grow there!!  🥴

• Haha 1

I have found that anything chocolate scented, has an after scent, that is reminiscent of butt juice.  My friend and I were trying different blending ideas once.  Put chocolate and patchouli together on qtips...was SOOOO gross.  We saved it for our "hippy" friend.  She loved it!  We still laugh about that cuz we both thought it smelled like "hippy butt".  Needless to say it never went in wax  :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

For a long time I thought Santa's Whiskers was the worst FO I've ever smelled.  That one has been dethroned.

I've had a lot of FO samples rolling through lately, and all I'm gonna say is this....if anyone ever needs something that smells like straight up stanky dirt mixed with rot that's been rolled in mold and cancer, I can hook you up.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2021 at 7:26 PM, franu61 said:

I have found that anything chocolate scented, has an after scent, that is reminiscent of butt juice.  My friend and I were trying different blending ideas once.  Put chocolate and patchouli together on qtips...was SOOOO gross.  We saved it for our "hippy" friend.  She loved it!  We still laugh about that cuz we both thought it smelled like "hippy butt".  Needless to say it never went in wax  :) 

Agree. Anything chocolate smells like vomit to me. 

• Like 1