Looking for Peak replacements

kfintoni

9 hours ago, Belinda said:

I'd like to add something about the birthday cake recommendations. If you've never tried Aztec's or Indiana's, they smell nothing like Peaks' bday cake. Neither does Lone Star's and all of theirs have really good reviews too. Those all smelled like play dough to my nose. Not a bad scent but just more vanilla cake and not the same as Peaks. RE's bday cake, FB's and JS bday cake are much closer to Peaks in my opinion. 

ICS does have a frosted sugar cookie that's really rich and could be used for bday cake though and it's the same as JS buttercream sugar cookie and does smell very similar to Peak's bday cake in my opinion.

Just my two cents worth.

Ugg Im still so ticked that I just didn't order a pound of Peak Sugar Cookie before they closed. Me + Trappeur were both talking about ordering Peaks 

sugar cookie weeks before they abruptly closed . Im wondering if they will sell off the inventory or hopefully after they sort out finances after the 

divorce they reopen :)  Wishful thinking on my part.

12 hours ago, Scented said:

So my question is Holiday Sparkle like? I have seen the name out there I THINK! But help out on a description if anyone can. 

Holiday Sparkle is a grapefruit and balsam mix. There are some other notes in the  description like apple cider and clove but I mainly smell grapefruit and balsam. It's my 2nd best seller during the holidays. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Scented said:

Got a description on it? Or can you describe it? 

AUTUMN WALK  = The scents of brisk air and crisp leaves join woody notes of rich mountain pine, cedar, and golden aspen while whiffs of forest berries, sage, and clove swirl delicately in the backdrop. Soap safe.  

This is a true blend...none of the individual notes really stand out.

22 hours ago, lumoscandles said:

Yes, it is. But I just ordered an Autumn Rain and Falling Leaves from Rustic Escentuals to see how they compare. I'll let you know what I think. Autumn Walk was one of my favorites and I love to make autumn leaves soaps with it.

Thanks!  But darn it!  Thanks for trying out the RE...I love RE but have never tried either of those...

14 hours ago, Scented said:

So my question is Holiday Sparkle like? I have seen the name out there I THINK! But help out on a description if anyone can. 

Scented here is the description.

An enchanting blend of spruce, apple cider, cranberries, and plum form the top layer of this jovial scent. Grapefruit, mandarin, cinnamon, and clove notes intertwine to rejuvenate the holiday spirit in all of us, as the light essence of vanilla beans and musk provides a delicate finish. Get ready to sparkle and shine at all your Holiday celebrations with this fragrance!

Karen in MA

1 hour ago, kfintoni said:

Scented here is the description.

An enchanting blend of spruce, apple cider, cranberries, and plum form the top layer of this jovial scent. Grapefruit, mandarin, cinnamon, and clove notes intertwine to rejuvenate the holiday spirit in all of us, as the light essence of vanilla beans and musk provides a delicate finish. Get ready to sparkle and shine at all your Holiday celebrations with this fragrance!

Karen in MA

I see a FO on Candlewic's site called Holiday Sparkle with the following description: 

Cedar and Fir Needle create a base for spicy cinnamon and clove, with light sparkling orange and lemon top notes.

Not sure if it's the same, but some similar notes. Peak's sounded fabulous, though! 

I'm an old fashioned lurker and don't post much( if at all) but I have used many of Peaks fo's, mainly in soaps, but several in tarts, and here are a few fos I've found to be nearly identical to Peaks:

Holiday Sparkle = Element's "Balsam & Citrus" 

Island Nectar = Nuture's "Island Oasis"  

Bartlett Pear = BB's "Anjou Pear"  The Anjou Pear is slightly sweeter but otherwise very close to my nose.  

I hope this helps!

• Like 1

I just made a list from the Fragrance Twins thread of all the Peak FO's listed there for all of us to use.

Peak Jamaican Me Crazy and JS Paradise Island

Framboise Citron Cheesecake-AH, Iced Lemon Danish-Peak

Peaks Amish Harvest and Aroma Haven's Celtic Moon Spice- Very very Similar

NG"s Watercress and Aloe and Peak's Green Clover in Aloe

AGE's Salty Mariner and Peaks Ocean

Peak's Casaba Mist & AH's Badedas

Peaks Spruce Xmas Tree and AH's Ozark Forest

Peaks Fresh Linen and BCN Angel Wings

BW Sandalwood Cardamom is the same as Peaks Sage & Citrus

Peaks Clean Cotton and The Candle Source Clean Cotton

CS Black Rasp Vanilla and Peaks Black Rasp Vanilla

Peaks Amish Harvest & Tenn Amish Harvest are very similar 

Also Peaks country berry hotcakes and ICS Wildberry Mousse. Also, Peaks country berry hotcakes smells just like JS cbh

Peaks & Candlewic Black Raspberry Vanilla

Peaks Blueberry Cobbler and Candlewic Blueberry Pie

Peaks & AH/RE Orange Chiffon Cake

Wild Mountain Honey-Peak, Flaming Candle Company & Elements-Honey  L'Occitane Type

Peaks (Winter Orange Spice) & Lonestar (Autumn Harvest)- same

• Like 2

From the list : MMS has some Clover and Aloe's as well - BB has a good honey - I don't think Peak + CS Black Rasp Vanilla are alike or close IMO 

I preferred Peaks . Another one on the list I find differs from my nose is : Peaks Country Berry Hotcakes + ICS Wild Berry Mouse - They don't even

smell close IMO

1 hour ago, CaraWannaMaker said:

I just made a list from the Fragrance Twins thread of all the Peak FO's listed there for all of us to use.

Peak Jamaican Me Crazy and JS Paradise Island

Framboise Citron Cheesecake-AH, Iced Lemon Danish-Peak

Peaks Amish Harvest and Aroma Haven's Celtic Moon Spice- Very very Similar

NG"s Watercress and Aloe and Peak's Green Clover in Aloe

AGE's Salty Mariner and Peaks Ocean

Peak's Casaba Mist & AH's Badedas

Peaks Spruce Xmas Tree and AH's Ozark Forest

Peaks Fresh Linen and BCN Angel Wings

BW Sandalwood Cardamom is the same as Peaks Sage & Citrus

Peaks Clean Cotton and The Candle Source Clean Cotton

CS Black Rasp Vanilla and Peaks Black Rasp Vanilla

Peaks Amish Harvest & Tenn Amish Harvest are very similar 

Also Peaks country berry hotcakes and ICS Wildberry Mousse. Also, Peaks country berry hotcakes smells just like JS cbh

Peaks & Candlewic Black Raspberry Vanilla

Peaks Blueberry Cobbler and Candlewic Blueberry Pie

Peaks & AH/RE Orange Chiffon Cake

Wild Mountain Honey-Peak, Flaming Candle Company & Elements-Honey  L'Occitane Type

Peaks (Winter Orange Spice) & Lonestar (Autumn Harvest)- same

Thank you! This is a big help. Who is AGE? Couldn't find them on the supplier abbreviation list.

3 hours ago, redquilt said:

I'm an old fashioned lurker and don't post much( if at all) but I have used many of Peaks fo's, mainly in soaps, but several in tarts, and here are a few fos I've found to be nearly identical to Peaks:

Holiday Sparkle = Element's "Balsam & Citrus" 

Balsam & Citrus is my absolute favorite oil from Elements.  I highly recommend it too!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, olives said:

Thank you! This is a big help. Who is AGE? Couldn't find them on the supplier abbreviation list.

Used to be A Garden Eastward and I believe they carried the Original Salty Mariner fragrance oil

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

Does anyone know if Fragrance Buddy is same as one on Ebay?  I don't see an address on their website and I guess some of Peak's are same as FB so I'd like to try them.

Yes, it's the same. I've ordered from their eBay store and their website.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, maryta said:

AUTUMN WALK  = The scents of brisk air and crisp leaves join woody notes of rich mountain pine, cedar, and golden aspen while whiffs of forest berries, sage, and clove swirl delicately in the backdrop. Soap safe.  

This is a true blend...none of the individual notes really stand out.

Never tried it and probably would have and fallen for it. Was hoping Down Home Country would have had similar notes, but not really. It's going to lack the sage and clove unless the anise part gives it a similar hint of a spice or warmth. But what about Autumn Lodge? " top notes of winter green and pine needle with middle and bottom notes of fir balsam, cinnamon, and spice." 

DHC is NG

AL is Lonestar

Edited by Scented

On 7/29/2017 at 9:55 PM, Scented said:

Someone mentioned French Vanilla Amber I think and so I'm wondering if Lonestar's Amber Vanilla might stand as a sub. It's been too long since I smelled the FVA to recognize it even. 

Haven't smelled LS.  But Peak French Vanilla Amber is very similar to AH/RE's French Vanilla Oak, to my nose.  OM had a similar one called Baton Rouge.

• Like 2

Got my first order from Rustic Escentuals! Unfortunately the Falling Leaves and Autumn Rain scents are nice but are NOTHING like Peak's Autumn Walk :( which is disappointing. BUT their Clover Fields and Aloe is SPOT ON for Peak's Green Clover & Aloe! Thank you so much for the recommendation as I have been searching high and low for a Green Clover & Aloe replacement for the last year! And they included a lollipop in my order! How cute! ^_^ Their Almond Creme is also very similar to Peak's Almond Pastries.

• Like 2