Looking for Peak replacements

kfintoni

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2017 at 9:22 PM, kfintoni said:

Okay so I guess I will be the first to start this. I did not use a ton of fragrances from Peak but the ones that I did were best sellers. Now I guess I need to hunt them down. The ones I used a lot of were: Amish Harvest, Almond Pastry, Cookies for Santa and Winter Wonderland. I have tried a few other ones looking for a dupe of the Winter Wonderland but was never successful. Can we share what we are looking for and maybe any suggestions on replacements?

Karen in MA

I can't seem to find the info; What happened to Peak???!!!! Freaking out over here!

On 7/29/2017 at 10:32 AM, maryta said:

AUTUMN WALK  = The scents of brisk air and crisp leaves join woody notes of rich mountain pine, cedar, and golden aspen while whiffs of forest berries, sage, and clove swirl delicately in the backdrop. Soap safe.  

This is a true blend...none of the individual notes really stand out.

So I believe this was on MSC's early round of dupes. You might want to check it out. 

Edited by Scented
  • Like 1

so I'm a little late to the game and just finding out that Peak's closed.  I know a few people mentioned some suppliers who also had Amish Harvest, but does anyone know if any of them are close or the same as Peak's?  Same name doesn't always equal same scent/fragrance.  Someone also mentioned RE's Celtic MoonSpice, but also mentioned it might not be as strong as Peak's.  Does anyone have a sample of Celtic they'd be willing to send me?  Doesn't even have to be enough to test with, just some on a cotton ball or something?  Feel free to PM me.  Hoping to find a dupe of Peak's Amish Harvest!  Thanks, everyone!!

We sniffed tested only between Amish Harvest and the Celtic Moon Spice and there's very little difference OOB only between the two ... In about 1 1/2 weeks we'll be making AH so we'll swap in some CMS and see. Sorry, no sample bottles here to do any sending. 

1 hour ago, Scented said:

We sniffed tested only between Amish Harvest and the Celtic Moon Spice and there's very little difference OOB only between the two ... In about 1 1/2 weeks we'll be making AH so we'll swap in some CMS and see. Sorry, no sample bottles here to do any sending. 

thanks for the info!! someone did offer to send me a CMS scent sample so cant wait to see how it compares

On 8/26/2017 at 4:21 PM, Scented said:

So I believe this was on MSC's early round of dupes. You might want to check it out. 

May I ask who MSC is?  I did look under the page that has all the supplier abbreviations and did not see MSC.

Is it Maple Street Candles?

Edited by redquilt

On 8/26/2017 at 7:21 PM, Scented said:

Thank you!! I've not ordered from MSC but I may have to ...I did contact them in the past with a question and they weren't very helpful. I would love it if someone else picked up Peaks...as we all do, I guess! :)

ETA:    I see Autumn Walk on the MSC site, thank you again, Scented!!!

Edited by maryta

So, for Ocean? Any suggestions?  The twins list says, AGE's Salty Mariner and Peaks Ocean. I see that FB and BB have Salty Mariner (I can't find AGE). Are these the same as Peak's Ocean?  To me, Ocean is not the same as Salty Sea Air (close but not the same).

15 minutes ago, maryta said:

So, for Ocean? Any suggestions?  The twins list says, AGE's Salty Mariner and Peaks Ocean. I see that FB and BB have Salty Mariner (I can't find AGE). Are these the same as Peak's Ocean?  To me, Ocean is not the same as Salty Sea Air (close but not the same).

I sent in a sample of Ocean to Maple street for duping.  Also Cinnamon Balsam and Home for the Holidays. Keeping fingers crossed : )

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I always read through posts and have been a lurker. Sorry! I saw this disscussion and feel like I can help. If you want some dupe oils from Peak, Julie's Scentsational Soaping Supply on Facebook should have Peak duplicated oils on a prebuy anytime now. We all gave our Peak samples to her to have them duped. She has great oils for everyone anyway.  She is amazing too. Well organized. Everything is tested in wax and soap before she sells it. 

If you are looking for Wild Mountain Honey, The Flaming Candle has the exact oil. I have tested them both. They are exactly the same. 

Amish Harvest is one of my favorites. Sad to say I only have a few ounces left. Flaming candle is the closet it comes. RE has Amish Harvest but it is missing a major note and it is mainly cinnamon. 

I have seen and tested a lot of oils. So maybe I will find a use for me here. ?

I agree, Candle Cocoon has the absolute best Lilac. You need to wick up when using it. A little goes a long way. Love my Candle Cocoon oils. 

I will try to think of some more. 

47 minutes ago, Summer said:

Hi everyone! I always read through posts and have been a lurker. Sorry! I saw this disscussion and feel like I can help. If you want some dupe oils from Peak, Julie's Scentsational Soaping Supply on Facebook should have Peak duplicated oils on a prebuy anytime now. We all gave our Peak samples to her to have them duped. She has great oils for everyone anyway.  She is amazing too. Well organized. Everything is tested in wax and soap before she sells it. 

If you are looking for Wild Mountain Honey, The Flaming Candle has the exact oil. I have tested them both. They are exactly the same. 

Amish Harvest is one of my favorites. Sad to say I only have a few ounces left. Flaming candle is the closet it comes. RE has Amish Harvest but it is missing a major note and it is mainly cinnamon. 

I have seen and tested a lot of oils. So maybe I will find a use for me here. ?

I agree, Candle Cocoon has the absolute best Lilac. You need to wick up when using it. A little goes a long way. Love my Candle Cocoon oils. 

I will try to think of some more. 

Is this group for soaping and soap scents only?

38 minutes ago, candlesncats said:

38 minutes ago, candlesncats said:

It is a soaping group but she wants to buy oils for candle makers too.  I mainly sell wax products but a little bath and body too. I have bought some oils to see how things work and if she stays stocked etc. She is very organized and listens to the requests. She has tested several of my requests now. She has a list of Peak oils being duped. You can see it there. You can also send samples to be duped as well. I sent in a lot.  I trust her. My candle making friend tests the oils for her. She tests the oils in soap. So that's why I am going with her. 

42 minutes ago, Summer said:

It is a soaping group but she wants to buy oils for candle makers too.  I mainly sell wax products but a little bath and body too. I have bought some oils to see how things work and if she stays stocked etc. She is very organized and listens to the requests. She has tested several of my requests now. She has a list of Peak oils being duped. You can see it there. You can also send samples to be duped as well. I sent in a lot.  I trust her. My candle making friend tests the oils for her. She tests the oils in soap. So that's why I am going with her. 

Thank you..I have Peaks oils I would donate anywhere it would be beneficial

Hi! I'm the Julie that Summer talked about :) 

So far here are the samples I've sent in to our chemist for duplication:

Eucalyptus spearmint
Clean cotton
Hot cocoa
Black cherry fizz
Cinnamon and Balsam
Country Garden
Genuine leather
Cinnaberry
Stargazer lily
Pumpkin honey chai
Fireside
Heather
Spring rain
Warm apple pie
White lily and Amber
Harvest Moon
Sunflower
Rose bouquet
Storm watch
Sugar plum berries
Pumpkin caramel latte
Pumpkin soufflé
Autumn Walk
Freesia
Spruceberry
Frosted Carrot Cake
Amish Harvest
Birthday Cake
Pumpkin Cream
Daisy
Watermelon
French Vanilla & Amber 
Strawberry Fields 
Mountain Pine
Vanilla Bean Nectarine
Orange Ginger Fizz
Cranberry Apple Marmalade
Sweet Pumpkin Spice

Mulberry 

Fruit Slices

Brown Sugar & Fig

Emerald Pear

Passion Fruit & Guava

Peppermint Kiss

Holiday Festival

Old Towne Bakeshop

Sage & Lemongrass

Apple Jack & Peel

Cantaloupe 

Coconut Lime Verbena

I'm expecting the samples of these duplicates in any day and then I will put them up for presale in our Facebook group. Price should range somewhere around $16 per bottle for the presale. Amish Harvest will be one of those we'll presale first :)

If you have any questions, please let me know! 
Julie

• Like 2

On 8/5/2017 at 7:24 PM, EllyM said:

I love Fillmore english lavender. Great seller for me

Does Fillmores English lavender have a similar note to their lavender sage rosemary ? Thats assuming you've smelled that one. I don't particularly care for that one.

It has a perfumey smell to me. Ive never smelled other lavender sage's though, are they suppose to smell like that ? On a side note, they discontinued the citrus 

cranberry :( when I inquired why they said something about hasmit charges ?? Im sure Im spelling that wrong. Basically something to do with flammability /shipping

35 minutes ago, JulieB said:

Hi! I'm the Julie that Summer talked about :) 

So far here are the samples I've sent in to our chemist for duplication:

Eucalyptus spearmint
Clean cotton
Hot cocoa
Black cherry fizz
Cinnamon and Balsam
Country Garden
Genuine leather
Cinnaberry
Stargazer lily
Pumpkin honey chai
Fireside
Heather
Spring rain
Warm apple pie
White lily and Amber
Harvest Moon
Sunflower
Rose bouquet
Storm watch
Sugar plum berries
Pumpkin caramel latte
Pumpkin soufflé
Autumn Walk
Freesia
Spruceberry
Frosted Carrot Cake
Amish Harvest
Birthday Cake
Pumpkin Cream
Daisy
Watermelon
French Vanilla & Amber 
Strawberry Fields 
Mountain Pine
Vanilla Bean Nectarine
Orange Ginger Fizz
Cranberry Apple Marmalade
Sweet Pumpkin Spice

Mulberry 

Fruit Slices

Brown Sugar & Fig

Emerald Pear

Passion Fruit & Guava

Peppermint Kiss

Holiday Festival

Old Towne Bakeshop

Sage & Lemongrass

Apple Jack & Peel

Cantaloupe 

Coconut Lime Verbena

I'm expecting the samples of these duplicates in any day and then I will put them up for presale in our Facebook group. Price should range somewhere around $16 per bottle for the presale. Amish Harvest will be one of those we'll presale first :)

If you have any questions, please let me know! 
Julie

What about sugar cookie ? Any idea what the owners are doing with the stock they have ? Wonder if anyone is buying the business or codes ?

• Like 1