Looking for Peak replacements

kfintoni

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Definitely recommend CS Blue Spruce!!I won't order from anywhere else.   A second runner up for the Spruce is Flaming....pretty dang good and great match.

I know Belinda (the western fo ho queen, lol)  I think she says she orders leather from Texas Candle Supply and loves it.....(I think it was that company).

Now I love Lilac from Candle Cocoon.....Ever so nice, soft, with just enough punch as florals can be quite strong and nauseating....(well they do to me).

Trappeur

Ive used Peak's  Spruce Christmas Tree and it smells nothing like the Blue Spruce from CS - To my nose anyhow.

53 minutes ago, candlebug said:

Almond Pastries

Purely Peppermint 

Anyone know of replacements?

ICS has a almond pastries and NG has one called Marzipan something or another - but Ive never personally used them - Sorry I can't be of more help.

FB + CC both have a tea + cakes fragrance that has a almond pastry smell but Ive never smelled Peaks to compare - Sorry I can't be of more help

3 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Birthday Cake - I use RE's KY version - Banana Nut bread : CS - Lavender - CS  - Lemon Pound Cake : CS I think CS will have something very similar to Black Canyon 

Fresh Brewed Coffee : Check ICS - I only like the "flavored" coffee like Vanilla Hazelnut I use WSP or CS - Whats Cookies for Santa like ???? I can't remember where 

I saw a cinnamon balsam, Ill let you know .

Yes, cinnamon balsam from Peaks is beautiful - one of my favorites!   I wouldn't think that would be too hard to do a blend.  How bout Fillmore's Christmas Tree (which is really balsam) mixed with a nice Cinnamon?   I'll have to get going on that blend myself.

I agree 100% with what you say Moonstar:

BirthdayCake:    RE's KY version

Banana N.Bread:  Yep from CS.  I need to order a pound this week

Lavender:              Yep from CS  (Actually I pretty much love most everyone's lavender)

Lemon Pound Cake:   Yep from CS

Fresh Coffee:         I'm still on the hunt for one

Cinnamon Balsam:    Iloved the one from Peaks  .   I wouldn't thank that would be too hard to make.  Maybe Fillmores Christmas Tree (is Balsam) mixed

with a nice cinnamon from someone

I know this isn't a cinnamon balsam but let me tell you what is a beautiful combination.

Old Glory sent me a pound of her own blend for a Christmas scent.

She did 50% of Aztec's Christmas Tree and 50% of Aztecs Mulberry for her blend and oh my my my!  Heavenly/beautiful!  I have to get that combo going now.  Matter of fact with what I have left out of the bottle'll make me a candle and some melts.

Trappeur  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

Ive used Peak's  Spruce Christmas Tree and it smells nothing like the Blue Spruce from CS - To my nose anyhow.

Ditto that!  Nothing what so ever to me also.  I know so many use peaks spruce but I never cared for it myself.  In m opinion CS is a TRUE spruce.

Trappeur

• Like 1

Flaming has a new scent call Black Canyon. I don't know anything about it though.

For a peppermint I use Flamings "North Pole"....omg is that peppermint!  Last Xmas I did candles in it and they flew out the door.

Trappeur

3 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Birthday Cake - I use RE's KY version - Banana Nut bread : CS - Lavender - CS  - Lemon Pound Cake : CS I think CS will have something very similar to Black Canyon 

Fresh Brewed Coffee : Check ICS - I only like the "flavored" coffee like Vanilla Hazelnut I use WSP or CS - Whats Cookies for Santa like ???? I can't remember where 

I saw a cinnamon balsam, Ill let you know .

If anyone uses their Cranberry Apple Marmalade, I subbed it last year because of rising cost of shipping.  I get the one from Fragrance Buddy.  Smells the same to me.

33 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Who is NVM?

Trappeur

Sorry Trappeur, I came to the peak closing late, I had no idea what people were talking about so I asked what was happening, i have since read the board and it seems that Peak is closing which i think it such a knee jerk reaction it is crazy and akin to the mess The Scent Works pulled leaving people in the dark and up and closing.

9 minutes ago, mulberrysoap said:

Sorry Trappeur, I came to the peak closing late, I had no idea what people were talking about so I asked what was happening, i have since read the board and it seems that Peak is closing which i think it such a knee jerk reaction it is crazy and akin to the mess The Scent Works pulled leaving people in the dark and up and closing.

Oh, no problem Mulberry.....

But....who is NVM? lol

Trappeur

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, juliejak said:

If anyone uses their Cranberry Apple Marmalade, I subbed it last year because of rising cost of shipping.  I get the one from Fragrance Buddy.  Smells the same to me.

The Cranberry Marmalade from CS is very similar - i think its even better. Peaks just has that touch of apple. I might still have a full 4oz of CAM from Peak if someone

wants to purchase it. I'll look and repost. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Belinda said:

-Almond Pastry

-Amish Harvest- Rustic Escentuals has one by the same name 

-Banana Nut Bread-The one from Candle Science and Cajun are good replacements in my opinion. Also, Banana Walnut Cake from RE.

-Birthday Cake

-Black Canyon

-Botanical Orchard and Nectar

-Cinnamon Balsam

-Cookies for Santa

-Freshed Brewed Coffee

-Home for the Holidays 

-Lavender

-Lemon Pound Cake -Candle Science version smells very close OOB. Have not put it in wax.

-Ocean

-Paris Twilight

-Pear Spice

-Red Clove

-Twilight Woods

-Wild Mountain Honey - TT - I use the one from brambleberry. 

-Wild Raspberry

-Winter Wonderland 

Can someone tell me how we know Peaks is closing??? This is terrible! When are they closing or are they already closed?

I added Red Clove, Pear Spice and Wild Rasberry. I have never smelled a clove like 

Red Clove or nearly as strong. 

To my nose, RE's Honey Bee is exactly the same as Wild Mountain Honey but their Amish Harvest is nowhere near as strong in wax as Peaks' is.  ?

@sandy511 The announcement was made on Peak's Facebook Page.  Not taking any orders and, possibly, returning money for orders not fulfilled.  More information in the "Peak is Closing" thread including the FB post.  The owner is asking people to contact him if interested in purchasing the company.  

Goldie

Almond Pastry

-Banana Nut Bread-The one from Candle Science and Cajun are good replacements in my opinion. Also, Banana Walnut Cake from RE.

-Birthday Cake

-Black Canyon

-Cinnamon Balsam

-Cookies for Santa

-Freshed Brewed Coffee  I made some melts with AH/RE Coffee bean....pretty strong oob

-Home for the Holidays 

-Lavender

-Lemon Pound Cake -Candle Science version smells very close OOB. Have not put it in wax.

-Ocean

-Paris Twilight

-Pear Spice

-Red Clove

-Twilight Woods-samles ordered from Cierra and Lonestar

-Wild Raspberry

-Winter Wonderland 

7 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

@sandy511 The announcement was made on Peak's Facebook Page.  Not taking any orders and, possibly, returning money for orders not fulfilled.  More information in the "Peak is Closing" thread including the FB post.  The owner is asking people to contact him if interested in purchasing the company.  

Goldie

Thank you GoldieMN

-Almond Pastry

-Birthday Cake

-Black Canyon

-Cinnamon Balsam

-Cookies for Santa

-Fresh Baked Pie Crust

-Freshed Brewed Coffee

-Home for the Holidays 

-Lavender

-Mountain Lake

-Ocean

-Orange Chiffon Cake

-Paris Twilight

-Patchouli

-Sea Salt & Cocoa Bean

-Twilight Woods

-Winter Wonderland 

Edited by keen bean
Forgot to add something