Looking for Peak replacements

kfintoni

Just now, justajesuschick said:

I think I have an extra 2 pound bottle of Holiday Sparkle. I just did oil inventory in light of this bad news but am at work and my inventory spreadsheet is on home computer. Peak was being so flaky that I WAY overbought as things became available over the last few months. Shipping may be steep but I would certainly sell it for less than what I paid. 

I will also have a pound of 2 of Purely Peppermint for anyone interested. I need to make a classified post of all of my extra Peak oil from my recent panicked hoarding!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Candybee said:

Oh I forgot about Ocean and Freesia. I use these 2 as part of a blend for my best selling salt bars. I have enough for now but I know these two will be hard to replace. Other sea/ocean types I have tried don't work. Plus I don't remember seeing Freesia anywhere but Peaks.

The Candlemaker's store has Freesia.  I have some, and made candles with it a couple of years ago.  I don't usually care for floral scents at all, but I did like Freesia. If I would quit buying new fragrance oils, I might get around to making some more Freesia Candles. :)

3 hours ago, jackbenimble said:

I need Cranberry Apple Marmalade, Holiday Sparkle, German Chocolate Cake, 

Cinnamon Buns, Watermelon, Peach, Honeysuckle, Orange Blossoms

I added them to the list below

-Almond Pastry - not exactly the same, but try BB Almond Biscotti  (possibly look at Candlewic's Anisette Cookies?) (Tri-State has a Baked Goods and a Primitive Pantry maybe to compare) (Fragrance Buddy has an Almond Macaroon that sounded vaguely familiar of Peak's description)

-Amish Harvest- Rustic Escentuals has one by the same name (Also look at Celtic Spice from RE) NOTE: Flaming Candle carries one by the same name; Community Candle has one by the name and I think the description. 

-Banana Nut Bread-The one from Candle Science and Cajun are good replacements in my opinion. Also, Banana Walnut Cake from RE. (FB offers two, but maybe look at the MW type)

-Birthday Cake - (Flaming has one, but no idea on comparison) Aztec's has a 5* review, Indiana Candle Supply has a 5* (RE lists two, both with 5* ratings)

-Black Canyon - (Flaming Candle lists one, but I do not know how they compare)

-Botanical Orchard and Nectar (Note to self to check out RE's Humingbird nectar to compare to this one)

-Cedar (it didn't have a lot of wood tones to it, but was refreshing)

-Cinnamon Balsam  (There isn't a supplier carrying this. RE's Cinnamon Spruce will be the closest to something, but have not tried.)

-Cinnamon Buns

-Cookie Cottage - smells identical to RE Grandma's Cupboard (KY)

-Cookies for Santa - BCN has one with the same name, but not sure if they are similar.  If they are not, please delete this rec.

-Cranberry Apple Marmalade 

-Eucalyptus Leaf - (Note to self: Cierra has one by name)

-Fresh Baked Pie Crust  (RE carries a Pie Crust with a 5* rating off 3 reviews) (Community Candle offers a pie crust)

-Freshed Brewed Coffee  - Aztec's Coffee is nice  (RE has a 5* Coffee House with 11 reviews)

-Fruit Slices  

-Fudge Brownie (Cierra Candles lists a chocolate brownie with 5* off three reviews...read the reviews)

-German Chocolate Cake

-Green Clover & Aloe  (RE has a Clover Fields & Aloe that might be similar)

-Holiday Sparkle

-Home for the Holidays (Tri-State offers one, but the description says sweet and I don't think Peak's was)

-Honeysuckle 

-Lavender

-Leather - Texas Candle Supply, Lonestar were some suggestions (Flaming is carrying a genuine leather ... do not know how they compare.) 

-Lemon Pound Cake -Candle Science version smells very close OOB. Have not put it in wax. - RE Lemon Sugar Bundt Cake (Flaming has one too) (Aztec's has a 5* review)

- Fragrance Buddy's Lemon Pound cake is good!

- Lilac - Candle Cocoon had a nice one that wasn't too floral to someone. (Aztec's has a 5* rating)

-Mountain Lake

-Ocean - Cierra Candles has one named this. 

-Olde Towne Bake Shoppe (Possibly look at Cookie Kitchen at Fragrance Buddy)

-Orange Blossoms

-Orange Chiffon Cake - RE Orange Chiffon Cake (KY) smells the same to me, both in tarts and OOB (Aztec has one 5* w/ 5 reviews)  (ICS has one with a 5* rating) RE carries KY's version

-Paris Twilight (Any chance this is Paris Nights type? If so, RE has the PN)

-Patchouli  

-Peach

-Pear Spice  (Flaming has one but don't know how it would compare. Community Candle offers a spicy pear, but don't know the comparison)

-Pumpkin Honey Chai

-Purely Peppermint - Flamings "North Pole"

-Red Clove

-Rose Bouquet - (It isn't the RB, but a nice replacement, though not soap friendly that I recall, is Briar Rose from Candlewic. Also a Fresh Cut Roses from there, Yankee type -- Aztec has a fresh cut rose with a reviewer swearing it's like a rose cut from her garden ... the FO has a 4 1/2* rating) RE has a Rose Petals w/ a 5* rating off 3 reviews maybe take a look at the 4* rustic rose

- Sage & Lemongrass - Community Candle carries a lemongrass & sage.  Candlewic's Lemongrass & Sage is good.

-Sea Salt & Cocoa Bean

-Spiced Cranberry  (ICS offers one with 5* rating) Community Candle has this on their list.

-Spruce Christmas Tree - Flaming's Spruce, Candle Science's Blue Spruce 

-Sweet Pumpkin Spice

-Tuscan Nights

-Twilight Woods-samples ordered from Cierra and Lonestar (Flaming and NG both carry this)

-Vanilla Bean Nectarine

-Vermont Honey Apple BBW type  (Aztec has a 5* review)

-Watermelon 

-Wild Mountain Honey - TT - I use the one from Brambleberry (Flaming has one by the same name) (RE has one called honey bee) (FB has one)

-Wild Raspberry

-Wildberry Musk

-Winter Wonderland (Has anyone tried Flaming's?) (RE has one that I think description was close to what Peak's had.) Cierra Candle has one by the name also.

Sorry to quote the entire list again, but I had put FB Lemon Pound Cake on the Lilac Line somehow.

BTW, I use Nature's Garden Lilac and it is good.  Also Mill Creek's Lilac Breeze.

2 hours ago, justajesuschick said:

I think I have an extra 2 pound bottle of Holiday Sparkle. I just did oil inventory in light of this bad news but am at work and my inventory spreadsheet is on home computer. Peak was being so flaky that I WAY overbought as things became available over the last few months. Shipping may be steep but I would certainly sell it for less than what I paid. 

I will take your two pounds of Holiday Sparkle. You can send me a Paypal invoice to hiwaytrk09@aol.com if you want.

2 hours ago, Terry said:

The next time someone quotes this list please add the two scents below--

Thank you!

Bartlett Pear

Asian Sandalwood

Agreed, Bartlette pear is so yummy ! I tried Candybee's recommendation pear + green apple essence 50/50 - so fresh ! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, justajesuschick said:

I will also have a pound of 2 of Purely Peppermint for anyone interested. I need to make a classified post of all of my extra Peak oil from my recent panicked hoarding!

Seriously interested in a pound of your Purely Peppermint. Can paypal immediately 

18 hours ago, beesweet said:

I'm so sad that I never got around to ordering Tahitian Village. It's one of my favorite scents for personal use. It smells familiar but I have no idea what it could be similar to. :( 

I have 4 ounces i am not going to use if you are interested

Fillmore's Christmas Tree is nearly identical to Peaks Spruce Xmas Tree, Their Cinnamon Stick is comparable to Peaks Cinnamon.  Peaks quality was beyond compare, the majority of my fragrances came from there. I built a business around it, I don't know how to replace them or how it will affect my business. Hopefully someone will buy them and keep it going.

I had some birthday cake tarts poured with Peak's birthday cake oil and I just sniffed another one made from JS buttercream sugar cookie and they smell almost identical to my nose. I even opened up the bottles of FO and did a sniff test too and I'm not sure if I can tell a difference. It just dawned on me when I was sniffed a tart of BCSC and how much they smelled alike. It's also the same oil as ICS frosted sugar cookie. I've never made the connection with it smelling like Peak's bday cake until now though. Just my opinion and I hope that helps someone. FB, RE and JS also have a good bday cake. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, debele said:

Fillmore's Christmas Tree is nearly identical to Peaks Spruce Xmas Tree, Their Cinnamon Stick is comparable to Peaks Cinnamon.  Peaks quality was beyond compare, the majority of my fragrances came from there. I built a business around it, I don't know how to replace them or how it will affect my business. Hopefully someone will buy them and keep it going.

Fillmores christmas tree is nothing like Peaks Spruce Christmas Tree IMO - Fillmores is much nicer.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, debele said:

My business too. I'm just praying someone buys them.

• Like 1

On July 26, 2017 at 11:30 AM, Belinda said:

I sell more leather and leather blends than any scent I have and I get mine from Texas Candle supply. I've also used The Candle Source leather and it's very good. Lone Star is another place that has a great leather. Hope this helps!

Thank you

11 hours ago, Candybee said:

Oh I forgot about Ocean and Freesia. I use these 2 as part of a blend for my best selling salt bars. I have enough for now but I know these two will be hard to replace. Other sea/ocean types I have tried don't work. Plus I don't remember seeing Freesia anywhere but Peaks.

Rustic Escentuals has one. 

4 hours ago, debele said:

Ahhh what this will do is challenge you, like several of us, to make your scent offerings fresher, a little different and to expand the ever unreachable horizon. Sounds too whatever, I get it, but a lot of us have lived with some very big suppliers going poof and we've scrambled to find something else or found a way to improve or let go of stuff. Hang in there, because those who persevere survive and that's just not limited to life. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Terry said:

Thank you for putting this very helpful list together Scented!  

By any chance in your travels have you come across any subs for their Asian Sandalwood?

@Candybee I know you are another user of this scent.... Aside from the sandalwood, what do you think the "Asian" part of this scent consists of?  

I am not too good at describing the different scents that compose a FO but if I can get some of the ingredients I will try and blend it myself.

Sooooo ... what was it about Asian Sandalwood that I eventually just didn't like? I can't remember. It was like close to 14 years ago trying it. Sigh. I think most of those people who used it would agree that it was the closest thing to sandalwood out there, but there was always the looking out for something else. So, that said ... maybe the objective is to find a really good sandalwood and experiment by adding a touch of baby powder to it and in a different trial, a touch of something peppery (or a peppery floral ha! find that! or an oriental floral) and then a combo of both. That might not pan out to be anything. It just comes to mind. The baby powder part to take the edge off the peppery every so slightly, but Asian sandalwood had a certain spiciness to it is all that sticks to memory. 

SOooooo ... sandalwood ... the ever pursuit for one that just flat rocks. I know what I've settled on using for various applications but I still have another one to try and an expensive bottle I can't bring myself to try. 

THAT all said ... keep your eyes peeled for anyone offering a red santal ... sandalwood. Google says Cierra has one. I haven't tried Cierra in anything. Wanted to, but then the biz partner said STOP! and not in a very nice way. It was more like biting off the neck way. When it comes to red santal though ... do not get the stuff that's duping a perfume or cologne out there. 

Edited by Scented
  • Like 1

-Almond Pastry - not exactly the same, but try BB Almond Biscotti  (possibly look at Candlewic's Anisette Cookies?) (Tri-State has a Baked Goods and a Primitive Pantry maybe to compare) (Fragrance Buddy has an Almond Macaroon that sounded vaguely familiar of Peak's description) (Fillmore has a buttery almond cookie ....)

-Amish Harvest- Rustic Escentuals has one by the same name (Also look at Celtic Spice from RE) NOTE: Flaming Candle carries one by the same name; Community Candle has one by the name and I think the description. 

-Asian Sandalwood - (Flaming has one. Essentials by Catalina has one. Fragrance Buddy has one.) 

-Banana Nut Bread-The one from Candle Science and Cajun are good replacements in my opinion. Also, Banana Walnut Cake from RE. (FB offers two, but maybe look at the MW type)

-Bartlet Pear - (Crafters Choice Fresh Picked Pears ... Flaming and apparently Bulk Apothecary have this FO .. how it compares, no idea.) 

-Birthday Cake - (Flaming has one, but no idea on comparison) Aztec's has a 5* review, Indiana Candle Supply has a 5* (RE lists two, both with 5* ratings) (JS Buttercream cookie) 

-Black Canyon - (Flaming Candle lists one, but I do not know how they compare)

-Botanical Orchard and Nectar (Note to self to check out RE's Humingbird nectar to compare to this one)

-Cedar (it didn't have a lot of wood tones to it, but was refreshing)

-Cinnamon (Fillmore's said to be good)

-Cinnamon Balsam  (There isn't a supplier carrying this. RE's Cinnamon Spruce will be the closest to something, but have not tried.)

-Cinnamon Buns -- 

-Cookie Cottage - smells identical to RE Grandma's Cupboard (KY)

-Cookies for Santa - BCN has one with the same name, but not sure if they are similar.  If they are not, please delete this rec.

-Cranberry Apple Marmalade (Flaming, Fragrance Buddy, Candle Science (cranberry marmalade), Lonestar may have something to compare here) Will toss a newish company to consider here -- Columbus Candle Supply

-Eucalyptus Leaf - (Note to self: Cierra has one by name)

-Freesia (Pretty sure RE carries one.) (Columbus Candle Supply has one) (Candlewic has one)

-French Vanilla & Amber

-Fresh Baked Pie Crust  (RE carries a Pie Crust with a 5* rating off 3 reviews) (Community Candle offers a pie crust)

-Freshed Brewed Coffee  - Aztec's Coffee is nice  (RE has a 5* Coffee House with 11 reviews)

-Fruit Slices  (Aztec, Flaming both have one's where the description seems similar to Peak's)

-Fudge Brownie (Cierra Candles lists a chocolate brownie with 5* off three reviews...read the reviews)

- (Georgia) Peach - (Someone said they were needing it ...) Sooooo Blushing peaches from ICS was really nice some 10-12 years ago, but RE, which carries KY, has a peach pie filling ... Columbus Candle Supply. Candlewic has one. 

-German Chocolate Cake (NG, The Candlemaker's Store, Bittercreek, Midwest Sea Salt Co. carry something that might be similar)

-Green Clover & Aloe  (RE has a Clover Fields & Aloe that might be similar)

-Holiday Sparkle (Candlewic has one by same name)

-Home for the Holidays (Tri-State offers one, but the description says sweet and I don't think Peak's was) (NG has one that might compare) (Lonestar compares to Y**Kee version)

-Honeysuckle (Two kinds at RE)

-Lavender

-Leather - Texas Candle Supply, Lonestar were some suggestions (Flaming is carrying a genuine leather ... do not know how they compare.) 

-Lemon Pound Cake -Candle Science version smells very close OOB. Have not put it in wax. - RE Lemon Sugar Bundt Cake (Flaming has one too) (Aztec's has a 5* review) - Fragrance Buddy's is good!

- Lilac - Candle Cocoon had a nice one that wasn't too floral to someone. (Aztec's has a 5* rating)

-Mountain Lake - Lonestar has one by this name.

-Ocean - Cierra Candles has one named this. 

-Olde Towne Bake Shoppe (Possibly look at Cookie Kitchen at Fragrance Buddy)

-Orange Blossoms

-Orange Chiffon Cake - RE Orange Chiffon Cake (KY) smells the same to me, both in tarts and OOB (Aztec has one 5* w/ 5 reviews)  (ICS has one with a 5* rating) RE carries KY's version

-Paris Twilight (Any chance this is Paris Nights type? If so, RE has the PN)

-Patchouli  (Fragrance Buddy, Lonestar will be earthier, Lebermuth if you have $$$)

-Pear Spice  (Flaming has one but don't know how it would compare. Community Candle offers a spicy pear, but don't know the comparison. Lonestar has a spiced pear)

-Pumpkin Honey Chai

-Purely Peppermint - Flamings "North Pole"

-Red Clove -- Lonestar carries the clove, but I wonder if the red might be red hot cinnamon?

-Rose Bouquet - (It isn't the RB, but a nice replacement, though not soap friendly that I recall, is Briar Rose from Candlewic. Also a Fresh Cut Roses from there, Yankee type -- Aztec has a fresh cut rose with a reviewer swearing it's like a rose cut from her garden ... the FO has a 4 1/2* rating) RE has a Rose Petals w/ a 5* rating off 3 reviews maybe take a look at the 4* rustic rose

- Sage & Lemongrass - Community Candle carries a lemongrass & sage.  Candlewic's Lemongrass & Sage is good. Columbus Candle Supply.

-Sea Salt & Cocoa Bean

-Spiced Cranberry  (ICS offers one with 5* rating) Community Candle has this on their list.

-Spruce Christmas Tree - Flaming's Spruce, Candle Science's Blue Spruce ... Fillmore's Christmas Tree

-Sweet Pumpkin Spice (Columbus Candle Supply carries a Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin ... might be close)

-Tuscan Nights

-Twilight Woods-samples ordered from Cierra and Lonestar (Flaming and NG both carry this)

-Vanilla Bean Nectarine

-Vermont Honey Apple BBW type  (Aztec has a 5* review)

-Watermelon (RE has one with a 5* review by two peeps)

-Wild Mountain Honey - TT - I use the one from Brambleberry (Flaming has one by the same name) (RE has one called honey bee) (FB has one)

-Wild Raspberry

-Wildberry Musk  (Oregon Trails has one by same name.)

-Winter Wonderland (Has anyone tried Flaming's?) (RE has one that I think description was close to what Peak's had.) Cierra Candle has one by the name also.

Bottom line on all this stuff will be you've got to test it in your product. Pay attention to what others are saying in the other comments. This list is only to help you search and not a guarantee that these are dupes ... just suggestions to start looking.

Edited by Scented

I'd like to add something about the birthday cake recommendations. If you've never tried Aztec's or Indiana's, they smell nothing like Peaks' bday cake. Neither does Lone Star's and all of theirs have really good reviews too. Those all smelled like play dough to my nose. Not a bad scent but just more vanilla cake and not the same as Peaks. RE's bday cake, FB's and JS bday cake are much closer to Peaks in my opinion. 

ICS does have a frosted sugar cookie that's really rich and could be used for bday cake though and it's the same as JS buttercream sugar cookie and does smell very similar to Peak's bday cake in my opinion.

Just my two cents worth.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scented said:

Sooooo ... what was it about Asian Sandalwood that I eventually just didn't like? I can't remember. It was like close to 14 years ago trying it. Sigh. I think most of those people who used it would agree that it was the closest thing to sandalwood out there, but there was always the looking out for something else. So, that said ... maybe the objective is to find a really good sandalwood and experiment by adding a touch of baby powder to it and in a different trial, a touch of something peppery (or a peppery floral ha! find that! or an oriental floral) and then a combo of both. That might not pan out to be anything. It just comes to mind. The baby powder part to take the edge off the peppery every so slightly, but Asian sandalwood had a certain spiciness to it is all that sticks to memory. 

SOooooo ... sandalwood ... the ever pursuit for one that just flat rocks. I know what I've settled on using for various applications but I still have another one to try and an expensive bottle I can't bring myself to try. 

THAT all said ... keep your eyes peeled for anyone offering a red santal ... sandalwood. Google says Cierra has one. I haven't tried Cierra in anything. Wanted to, but then the biz partner said STOP! and not in a very nice way. It was more like biting off the neck way. When it comes to red santal though ... do not get the stuff that's duping a perfume or cologne out there. 

Sandalwood, baby powder, pepper, floral sounds like a good starting point..... - thanks Scented.