Cracklin Birch rename?

franu61

I decided to try NG's Cracklin Birch thanks to all you enablers on this board :)

I just put it in wax, hasn't even cooled yet but I'm loving it.

I want to rename it as we don't have many (any) Birch trees here in the Redwoods/Calif Coast

I'm thinking "Bonfire at the Beach"    I'm not sure if I get any campfire, smokey scent out of it, tho...What do you all think?

Any suggestions?  I'd love to call it redwood something but does NOT smell like redwoods.

3 hours ago, Shari said:

Many many of mu customers think it's Crackin Bitch and laugh.  I makes me smile.

That makes me feel better, I was beginning to think 2017 put my mind the gutter.  I do like the name though just don't want to see words that aren't there.

• Like 2

This is too funny - I never saw or thought cracklin bitch in it but I am sure I will now!

I call mine Michigan Birch but we have tons of Birch trees in the northern part of the state

birch is becoming popular in decorating, at least around here ....how about white Birch, smoked Birch, silver birch or birch bark....idk

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I call mine White Birch.

On a separate note, have any of you had a problem with this fragrance losing its scent in the bottle? I purchased an 8 oz bottle from NG about five months ago, and my family and friends adored this scent. I went to make another one yesterday but the bottle lost all of its fragrance. I poured it anyway hoping it was just me, but my candles have no CT. I keep my bottles in a cool dark place. Should this really happen after five months? I'm tempted to buy another bottle, but I just don't know anymore. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JeremyM said:

I call mine White Birch.

On a separate note, have any of you had a problem with this fragrance losing its scent in the bottle? I purchased an 8 oz bottle from NG about five months ago, and my family and friends adored this scent. I went to make another one yesterday but the bottle lost all of its fragrance. I poured it anyway hoping it was just me, but my candles have no CT. I keep my bottles in a cool dark place. Should this really happen after five months? I'm tempted to buy another bottle, but I just don't know anymore. 

I would not and no it shouldn't loose its scent after 5 months. Ive had several Fo's for 1+ years and they still smell the same if not better

with some. I would call or email them and see what they say . Im sure others will chime in that will have more knowledgeable than I do.

That just doesn't sound right to me. 

Edited by Moonstar

@JeremyMSometimes fragrances with heavier notes can settle. Got into the habit of shaking all fragrances before opening to help redistribute the components.

I have 5 1lb bottles of it of varying ages and the scent is as strong as can be even in the bottles several years old. It's also possible you got the dregs of a keg :-/ who knows.