Bunny's Bath Melts

wildangel112

Does anyone know if you can use liquid colorant (B&B safe) for these? I always use mica, but I'm out! Any idea? Thanks :)

Not sure about the liquid colorant. My first thought would be butters/oil + water = no mix. But don't hold me to that as I haven't tried.

I melt a few Jojoba beads to use in the bath melts.

I used mango and they were too soft. Which made me feel much better when I noticed the FO sitting all by its lonesome off to the side...

ETA: I used liquid B&B colorant in mine to make a light pink and it did just fine. I put one little bitty drop in the powder mix and smooshed it around in a ziplock bag till it was pretty well mixed. (one drop for the smaller batch). then added to the melted butter.

Can someone tell me what Du's Stearic Acid looks like is it like powder or it looks like Oatmeal cause mine looks like Oatmeal and couldn't get it to melt is there something wrong with it. (The jar said Stearic Acid Triple Pressed)

Do i have to throw everything or what. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Please help

Can someone tell me what Du's Stearic Acid looks like is it like powder or it looks like Oatmeal cause mine looks like Oatmeal and couldn't get it to melt is there something wrong with it. (The jar said Stearic Acid Triple Pressed)

Do i have to throw everything or what. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Please help

Isn't it supposed to be citric acid for these?

Isn't it supposed to be citric acid for these?

My God; you Right; Oh: well That will teach me a lesson to be more careful. There going in the garbitch even tho they look and smell awesome. Now were do you by Citric Acid.

Thanks Kandlekrazy:

My God; you Right; Oh: well That will teach me a lesson to be more careful. There going in the garbitch even tho they look and smell awesome. Now were do you by Citric Acid.

Thanks Kandlekrazy:

I got mine at a candy and cake supply store, but you can also get it online at most any of the places where you get B&B supplies. I've heard some grocery stores carry it in the baking section, but I've never seen it at my grocery stores.

• 1 month later...
Guest jurnalynn

for those of u that have made these..........i was wondering if the cocoa butter pooled on top of the water or mixes in?..anther quick question is there something else i can sub for cornstarch trying to leave this out of my products?.......TY Laura

for those of u that have made these..........I was wondering if the cocoa butter pooled on top of the water or mixes in?..anther quick question is there something else i can sub for cornstarch trying to leave this out of my products?.......TY Laura

The cocoa butter mixes in, mostly. If you use too large a melt in your tub then you can get a cocoa butter ring when you're done. I've got as high as a 0.65oz melt in my tub but I don't go higher than that. Someone sent me a 1oz melt and that was a bit much.

The cornstarch is to encapsulate the FO.... I'm at a bit of a loss for a sub. Maybe some milk powder? (like GM powder) or another free-flowing powder that can absorb the FO? I'm stretching here, hopefully someone can chime in with better help. :undecided

Guest jurnalynn

ty for the help i have heard that using cornstarch can irritate a woman who has an infection so i have opted to leave it out has anyone tried using kaolin clay? i sub that for cornstarch in my bath bombs

The cocoa butter mixes in, mostly. If you use too large a melt in your tub then you can get a cocoa butter ring when you're done. I've got as high as a 0.65oz melt in my tub but I don't go higher than that. Someone sent me a 1oz melt and that was a bit much.

The cornstarch is to encapsulate the FO.... I'm at a bit of a loss for a sub. Maybe some milk powder? (like GM powder) or another free-flowing powder that can absorb the FO? I'm stretching here, hopefully someone can chime in with better help. :undecided

Arrowroot is comparable to cornstarch and can be used in place of cornstarch when cooking. Maybe that could be used in the melts in its place.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for this wonderful recipe. Made these for favors at a wedding shower we had 2 weeks ago and I got 2 more shower orders from them! Everyone loves these melts. I'd like to make them also that bubble or suds a bit, would SLSA be ok to add?

• 7 months later...

I've been making these for quite awhile and have had no problems. However, the last 4 or 5 batches I've made, there is moisture sitting on top of the melts. There's like little drops of liquid on top of each melt. They aren't in the freezer more than 20 minutes, I've tried cutting back on the FO, I've used tried and true FOs that have always resulted in beautiful results, tried different brands of cornstarch....nothing works, they all have the moisture on top. It's so frustrating. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd greatly appreciate it, I'm pulling my hair out here. Thanks!

Condensation. When you pull them out of the freezer layer a paper towel over them as they come to room temp. another option is to put the mold into an airtight container before putting it into the freezer, then leaving the top on after you take it out until they are back to room temp.

• 3 weeks later...