Bert's Heaven Scent FO's in Candles

Judy, USMC

I am still trying to figure out what the bull and the cow were doing :confused: Were they making candles? :D

Ladies, ya'll are crackin me up! Now Bert, you know what this area is like, you gotta stick up for me here. I'm sure some of these people are thinking, just where in the world am I living??? IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!

Anyway, I hate to disappoint....but I didn't get a chance to burn the Christmas Pear today. I actually had to work today! YUK! How dare they call me in when I have candle stuff to do? They have some nerve!

Anyway, I will burn tomorrow morning. I'm pooped. I wanted to pour more of the candy cane tonight, and am just not feeling it. Unfortunately, laundry had my attention this evening.

Shari

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the candle itch, so I am hoping to steal several hours this weekend and pour. It's been a couple of months since I last had the chance.

Yes, I know what your area is like. Similar to mine, but you all talk funny and we don't LOLOLOL I just got off the phone with my girl from Fancy Farm and told her I would see them all soon!

Maybe if you aren't working on the Friday I am there, we can have lunch in Hoptown!

I have the candle itch, so I am hoping to steal several hours this weekend and pour. It's been a couple of months since I last had the chance.

Yes, I know what your area is like. Similar to mine, but you all talk funny and we don't LOLOLOL I just got off the phone with my girl from Fancy Farm and told her I would see them all soon!

Maybe if you aren't working on the Friday I am there, we can have lunch in Hoptown!

I think that would be a great idea! Won't ya'll be jealous! I get to meet the infamous Bert (well maybe)! That's okay Sharon, next time time I'm in Pa, maybe I can swing by your neck of the woods.

And no Bert...we don't talk funny....ya'll just don't understand country. EVERYTHING is down the road! Took me a while to get used to that.

So what's up Bert? Anything new coming for us that we can spend more $$$ on? And by the way everyone, lit the Christmas Pear a couple minutes ago, and it's smelling yummy already. I think it's a keeper. Will keep ya'll updated.

Shari

Well make sure you tell that cow that we will be awaiting her announcement. Maybe I'll just go on "down the road" and tell her myself. Ha ha ha!

Seriously, cannot wait for some more. Like I said before, you'll have me broke before Christmas rolls around. Ahhh....that's okay! What the hubby doesn't know, won't kill him! :D

Aaaaaakkkk!!! I should of stayed outta here!! I haven't poured candles since Feb (except for an order last month) when my sis was terminal. I've been doing the Mineral Makeup Cosmetic stuff. Now reading all this about Bert's is making me want to get more Oils (like I need em) and start back up with my candles! :undecided

Ya'll gals are BAD!!!! I would love a killer Christmas Tree scent though..... hmmmm. Guess I'll have to go check out Bert's and see if she has one.

There are worse addictions, right??? :cool2:

Yes, there definitely are. But when I look in my already packed cabinet and still want more, I begin to wonder. :o I've been holding out to try the Christmas Pear, and I am glad I did. Now I want to try the Eggnog & the Cranberry. Heck, I wouldn't mind having a sample of every single one of Bert's FO's. So far, I am really impressed! :smiley2: Poured the Cinnamon Nutmeg & Clove a while ago. FANTASTIC~ if ya like 'em spicey!

Been talking with Bert today (she's a joy to deal with) & I'm holding on till the new oils come in so I can fill a flat rate box for shipping over here.

I have a list of definates, a list of maybes & at this rate I'll have a list of recommended by CTers too. Christmas Pear & the Cinnamon Nutmeg & Clove are already on the definates.

I really do NOT need this temptation........or do I?

Sally.

Oh no! MORE new scents? I won't be able to resist...

I just got my last order, and the christmas tree is really, really good. So is the sweet currant, pomegranate, christmas pear, jack frost, holiday spice...

Oh they are ALL GOOD!

Thanks Bert!

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, cannot wait for some more. Like I said before, you'll have me broke before Christmas rolls around. Ahhh....that's okay! What the hubby doesn't know, won't kill him! :D

*faint* oh oh oh now I get it you meant fo almost misunderstood:wink2: thought you was talking about what was down the road :o can't believe my mind is playing tricks on me like this:angry2: :grin2:

Not sure yet - I just finished the brochure project and its out to print. Will be heading south west first to OK, AR, and TX - so the KY trip will be after that.

I am guessing it will be late in the month.

Just out of curiosity, Is anyone on the board close to Conway AR - Tulsa OK - or Dallas TX?

All done in KY125 soy

Redwood & Cedar....magnificent!

Lemon Biscotti...great throw...a winner for sure!

Pumpkin Custard...a little spicy...I added a touch of coconut to smooth it out.

Jack Frost...I thought it was a tad weak, but came alive when burning!

All done in KY125 soy

Redwood & Cedar....magnificent!

Lemon Biscotti...great throw...a winner for sure!

Pumpkin Custard...a little spicy...I added a touch of coconut to smooth it out.

Jack Frost...I thought it was a tad weak, but came alive when burning!

Thanks for the idea of coconut to mellow out scents that are too spicy for me! I've tried other ideas, but so far none of them worked good. I'm going to try coconut next!:D :D :D

I've poured and tested in paraffin pillars:

Lemon Biscotti = fantastic throw

Redwood & Ceder = 'nother great scent - good throw and I think I'll do some blending with it - not that it needs it tho!! I'll be buying BIG bottles of this one cause I love wood scents.

Cool Water (type) strong throwing candle and nice in M&P

Tea Leaf & Jasmine - cold throw is really good - haven't burned yet.

OK, Got my lb. of Christmas Pear, and a few new ones in to try!

Eggnog-Very nice OOB (these all are, so far, will post test results later...) Eggnog is a very true one, creamy, not too much spice or rum, can't wait to pour this one!

Christmas Tree- VERY nice!!! Sweet pine, and very Christmas, hoping this one works for me, I have Snowy Pine, my old stand-by that I cannot go without, but would like another pine to carry for Christmas. If I get this to work, I will pass over the ICS Sugared Spruce, for now...;)

Cranberry- I recall JS Cranbery to being similar to this in that it is a kinda cherry scent to my nose...nice, I prefer Spiced Cranberry...but it may become different in wax...

Cherry-Sweet, true Cherry Lifesaver-strong!

Redwood and Ceder-Love it! I told Sandi I will send her a bit of my sample, as I think this WOULD make a great mens soap! Very clean and nice!

Sasafrass (is this spelled right??? :confused: lol!) This is like birch beer with a kick of something else. Never smelled this scent before, it an interesting one!

Yuletide Medley- in Bert's words, this oil has a lot going on- have to get it in wax and burn it before I decide...

Like I said, I will post burn results when I have 'em!!

OMG, I'm in love with the Lemon Biscotti. The scent is amazing. This one is a keeper.

Ahh man, folks are loving this one!! Sold a bunch at my GF's open house yesterday!

Oh! And for those of you interested in the pumpkin/coffee scent we were talking about before, check THIS out!...

2 parts Southern Scentsations Grandma's Pumpkin Log to 1 part Bert's Vanilla Latte, 3 day cure-----YUM YUM!!!!! :cheesy2: