Bert's Heaven Scent FO's in Candles

Judy, USMC

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? Why would one have to delete anything at all unless the thread is somehow coming into their email box??? Just don't CLICK on it and READ it in the forum if it's annoying. :) And anyone who had subscribed to the thread SURELY knows how to UN-subscribe from it...right?

Isn't that what we're IN the fragrance discussion forum for? To discuss FRAGRANCES? ANY/ALL of them?

I'm stumped as to why anyone would be annoyed. (scratching my head) Just simply do not click on the thread and there should be no more annoyances. :)

JM 2 cents.

Mt Annie

Can everyone please let this thread die a peaceful death by not posting anymore. It is so annoying to see it here every day. Just when it gets to page 2 someone has to post.

I can't take it anymore. I know I am not alone on this!

:highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive:

Pulling the quote so people can see what was said....don't ya'll go get ya'll ole panties in a bunch. lmao

Gdawg and sockmonkey....I totally agree! We definitely need more reviews like this. But there's a problem with getting serious supplier reviews: The customers THEMSELVES have to submit those reviews. The supplier cannot make them submit reviews unless they WANT to. They (the customer) happily submits reviews on their own accord when you have great products AND great prices! So that MAY help explain why some other suppliers reviews are somewhat slim compared to Bert's....even though they too may have excellent fragrances. When suppliers have exceptional FOs... at exceptional prices...the word gets out very quickly..and continues to spread like wildfire. As good news *should. :)

In-depth reviews, such as those here from Bert's fragrances, are an EXCELLENT way to help ALL of us decide what to purchase without spending half a pay-check on the "guessing game"...and you SURE can't beat Bert's prices..NOR her quality in most cases. :)

~ Mt Annie ~

==============

I know I still refer to things posted in this and I love the reviews on the FOs so I know which ones work and which ones dont its a win win situation here cause it helps guide what to purchase.

I think every supplier should have pages and pages about their FOs for us to review!

Hmmm wondered if this thread was really netteling anyone so I did a search. Seems like Ring of Fire's first post was the "let it die" comment. And Mz B was ribbing us when she made her first post on Dec 10th.

They're tired of seeing it listed on the new posts pages - I think they must have just stopped in to say Hi AND bump it up on the new post page again! :laugh2: Just where they were complaining about seeing it.

How ironic!

Back to business. Thanks for the recommendations Linnaete & Sharon, getting the Teak and got the Cashmere. Funny, if Bert hates it I usually love it - like the bayberry & lavender. Getting the Ylang and Essenza for diffusers but will try it in some CB-135!

I don't come to the fragrance section too often(it's just too expensive :grin2: ) so I'm glad it was on the first page. I hadn't noticed Berts before this. I don't usually go past the first page unless I'm searching for something special. It's good for new people to be able to see the reviews. Granted I'm not new, but for as often as I come in here I may as well be :P

Hmmm wondered if this thread was really netteling anyone so I did a search. Seems like Ring of Fire's first post was the "let it die" comment. And Mz B was ribbing us when she made her first post on Dec 10th.

They're tired of seeing it listed on the new posts pages - I think they must have just stopped in to say Hi AND bump it up on the new post page again! :laugh2: Just where they were complaining about seeing it.

How ironic!

Back to business. Thanks for the recommendations Linnaete & Sharon, getting the Teak and got the Cashmere. Funny, if Bert hates it I usually love it - like the bayberry & lavender. Getting the Ylang and Essenza for diffusers but will try it in some CB-135!

It was again on the first page when I posted, just so you know. How stupid would that have been to bump it back up if I am tired of seeing it? :P

I actually split this post, since it was almost on the third page, thinking it would die off a bit. Didn't work ;) It is nice people are testing and posting reviews on suppliers, but, almost with any supplier, when people rant and rave, and the FO section gets dominated with the posts, it can feel like overkill. Not the first time this has happened, really.

Just a strange observation here, but... it seems sometimes (well, often), what goes up often comes down. Thinking back to past instances when people went nuts and raved all over about a supplier, things later went sour. On more than one occasion. So instances like this put me a bit on edge, to be honest. Don't know if that's at all felt by other people (as far as why it is "annoying" or they wish the thread would die). Aaaand, I'm not saying that's going to happen with Bert's. But I am personally bit leery of frenzies. :undecided

Just a strange observation here, but... it seems sometimes (well, often), what goes up often comes down. Thinking back to past instances when people went nuts and raved all over about a supplier, things later went sour. On more than one occasion. So instances like this put me a bit on edge, to be honest. Don't know if that's at all felt by other people (as far as why it is "annoying" or they wish the thread would die). Aaaand, I'm not saying that's going to happen with Bert's. But I am personally bit leery of frenzies. :undecided

Well put, Sara.

This has been going on with this board for as long as I can remember.

Everyone goes wild for a supplier. Then the other shoe drops. Look how many suppliers, who were getting boocoo business from this board. They didn't do sales for us back then. Because they didn't HAVE to. But now, they post in the supplier section every week. What comes up, must come down- so to speak.

In this case, my theory is~ that this thread or what it contains is getting all this free press because the oils are extremely inexpensive. I won't name names, but another supplier did the same thing, but not using this board as a marketing venue. They gave away tons of samples, and had mega deals. Since then~ they've tapered off on "good" sales and raised their prices significantly. I predict the same circumstances will repeat themselves. I'd bet money on it.

How ironic!

I got a sample of this in my last order, to me it smells like poultry seasoning oob!

Food for thought: It makes one wonder...if Bert can sell these quality FOs (and they are top quality) at such fair prices...and still make a decent profit....then just how much ARE we being over charged by a lot of other suppliers? There must be HUGE $ in it because so many ppl are getting into it these days and the competition is becoming fierce. Eventually...only those suppliers with the best fragrances...and the fairest prices will survive.

Bert has helped us all to learn that the the most expensive FOs are NOT always the best. In fact...a lot of them that I've tried of the ridiculously expensive lines...could not hold a LIGHT to a lot of the much lower priced fos. Some of those that were out-the-roof expensive...had little or no throw whatsoever. So..in the fragrance department..it simply isn't true that "you get what you pay for". However...with Bert, you usually get what you pay for plus a whole lot more! THAT is why this thread is so popular...and I truly believe that Bert's FOs will continue in their popularity. I do not see it as a passing fad to die out soon...but as a supplier with great products at great prices.

It all boils down to this: If there were more suppliers like Bert....then we'd all be ranting and raving about those suppliers as well. :)

Mt Annie

There is NO hope for me!!!

If your news broadcasts a middle aged woman inthe GUTTER clutching onto her candle supplies...it is ME!!!!!! I cannot help myself...as if I NEED any more scents. I just couldn't help myself. I have just ordered:

Red Cedarwood

Candy Cane

Angel

Bugger...can't recall the other six!!! I ended up with a list of 23...it was a HEROIC effort to get it down to just nine. Suppose I wil just be in for another surprise when my order gets here....sooooo excited!!!

Cheers,

Hells

Just received an email confirming my order..this is what i bought.

Lemon Biscotti Pie

Candy Cane

Christmas Pear / Spiced Pear

Coolwater Type

Redwood & Cedar

Passionate Kisses Type

Clean Cotton Type

Fall Harvest

Angel Type

I simply can't wait....I had a hard time ditching the Sea Mist, Paradise and Andis Mint