Bert's Heaven Scent FO's in Candles

Judy, USMC

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for starting this, Judy!! I posted some results in the initial thread, but I will re-post them here, for continuity:

Lemon Biscotti Pie~ (I just call this one Lemon Biscotti) GREAT SCENT! Love this one, and it throws very well in my wax/ wicks; Farmhouse 50/50, CD wicks. (wick up!) Very true bakery scent!

Pumpkin Custard Spice~ Another Yummy one! I didn't have to wick up on this and it's a great thrower for me as well! Sweet and slightly spicy pumpkin, different from other pumpkin scents I've sniffed...

Oatmeal Cinnamon Crunch Bars~ I added a tad more cinnamon to this, and to me it is very good! A great cookie scent, and the BIT of extra cinnamon rounds it out very nicely... (I did 1/3 cinn. to 2/3 of the oatmeal cinn-crunch) great throw w/ only a few hours cure!... as were the above...

Vanilla Latte~ Poured these only into tarts so far, but YUM, I am NOT a big coffee scent fan, but this is the right mix of a sweet vanilla and coffee, my LR smelled SOOO yum last night! Delicious!

Apple Cinnamon~ Again, I added a bit more cinnamon to this to get a good mix of spice/apple, this is a sweet-ish cidery scent on it's own. In my tester however, the cinnamon I added kinda took over, so I am gonna pour it on its own next time...my friend who's a big apple fan, loved it OOB....very sweet and apple-y, not much on the cinnamon...

I am still testing Cinnamon Nutmeg Clove, this isn't as strong OOB, IMO as I thought it would be, to me the predominant scent is Nutmeg here...it needs a bit of a longer cure than the others...

I still have Apple Dumpling to test (reminds me of ST Baked Apple OOB, I believe...) and I also got Holiday Spice, and Holly Berry, I like both of these OOB..they need to get into wax to get all the notes out, I detect a slight sweetness as well as spice in the Holiday Spice)

HTH everyone!!!

I want to read more reviews; CB, you have A LOT of testing to do!!!!!!

So Far I have tested in my GB 415

Oatmeal Cinnamon Crunch Bar...Has a Good HT..I really like the smell,

and so far everyone that has tested for me likes it also.

Redwood & Cedar...Has a Good HT..I just love this one..

I have not gave this one out to my testers yet..

I only made one..

Pumpkin Custard Spice..Has a Good HT, I don't know if it smells

up my whole house, But I really like it..I only made one of this

also, So have not gave out to my testers..

Fig & Melon..Has a Med. HT..But it has something about the smell

that I really like..and I can't quite put my finger on what the smell it is..

It will fill up a good size room with a good HT

Bayberry..Had a Med. HT also, but I personally didn't care to

much for the FO..But It could be completely different in another

type of wax..

Creme Brulee..Has a very good HT, and it smells very very good..

Apple Dumpling..Has a Med. HT..but smells good..but there again

it may do great in another wax..

Pineapple...I did not care for this in my wax..but it was strong..

I know that alot of you candle makers use a 50 50 blend, and from

what I have read about in your post,,you seem to get a better

HT than I do in my 100% soy..And it seems you don't have to

cure are long..

I must say that Bert has some really good oils..and they mostly all smell

very good OOB..So that tells me that they would most likely do well in other waxes..But my wax is just a hard wax to get any suppliers

FO to work well in..

If any of you come up with a better way to

get a Good HT let me know...

I just love her oils, and the price is great too..

I have bought very expensive oils and have had less HT throw than hers..

So I guess Price really does not always mean that it is better..

Hope I have been a help to someone..

Hi Everyone! I have joined your board, but don't know the first thing about what I am doing, so I hope this works :confused:

[advertisment removed]

Anyway, as soon as I get some free time (boy isn't that a laugh) Judy USMC is going to try to teach me how to use this site. She will need a lot of luck, as I am still not seeing the PM block/link she is trying to describe to me lol

Anyway - nice to meet you all:p

Bert

Why oh why do I come into this area of the boards lol. With all these rave reviews I am going to have to get me some of these. That is an awesome price too, is there anything special we need to put into checkout to get that price?

Oh and when are those FO addicts meetings starting anyway? I NEEEEED a meeting lol

Hey Bert,

I've been keeping up with this thread and the other one about your oils. Would love if you could post your email addy if possible. I sent a message thru ebay about a week ago, but never heard anything back from you. But.....I do know these wonderful people on CT have been keeping you quite busy. So glad to hear you are doing so well.

Thanks,

Shari

OH....I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just getting ready to place an order too for holiday scents. Thanks Bert, for the addy and for the great savings. Will wait for tomorrow then to place the order since you are getting new ones.