Bert's Heaven Scent FO's in Candles

Judy, USMC

Just wanted to let everyone know that I poured some of Bert's Candy Cane tonight. OMG, it is WONDERFUL :whoohoo: ! I cannot wait to test burn tomorrow! I just make 8 oz masons for the time being, but I poured one layer red, then the next white, all the way up the candle. It looks so cute! I am very EXCITED! Anyway, just wanted to share my enthusiasm with ya'll. I think I'm gonna mix some pink sugar in with it for another batch and create another wonderful scent. Just not sure how it will come out or what to call it if it comes out good. Anyway, Thanks Again Bert for the wonderful FO's.

Shari

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry KandleKrazy, but I just had to let everyone know how great my house smelled. I also poured the Christmas Pear today. All I can say is that you better add that one too! We will all be broke by the time Christmas even gets here! Ha ha ha!

Shari

Dontcha just LOVE that Christmas Pear? :D

Shari, are you gonna change the name???

Sharon,

Not sure about that. Honestly I literally just got done pouring around 15 min. ago. I still have to test it later tonight or tomorrow morning. I will definitely have to think about that. What about you?

Here I am again - typing along with you silly girls instead of working LOL

I guess you all are my escape from the madness here. At least you all think I'm nice. If you ask all these men that I have to work with, they may tell you something totally different. I am mean to them - but they ask for it :D

Sharon,

Not sure about that. Honestly I literally just got done pouring around 15 min. ago. I still have to test it later tonight or tomorrow morning. I will definitely have to think about that. What about you?

Shari- I am definately going to change it, not sure to what yet though...are you pouring soy, blend or par?

Shari- I am definately going to change it, not sure to what yet though...are you pouring soy, blend or par?

Not sure what to change it to. When it comes to creativity, I'm kind of lacking. Anyway, I am using the Comfort Blend 4627. So far, I've found that all of Bert's oils throw great, both hot and cold. Now I do have the 6028 for tarts and pillars. That is a parasoy blend. They also throw really good in this wax. So far I have not been disappointed at all with her oils. Some of the fall scents have been a little spicey for my taste, but my "tester" friends love them. I've just decided, I'm a "sweet" kind of girl! :D Yeah, tell that one to my husband and kids! I'm sure they will disagree.

Shari

Oh, Ok, that's cool, you don't need a cure w/ your wax...I need a small cure time with some of them, and the Christmas Pear was one of them, but i use 50/50 in my jars, and straight par. for my tarts-opposite of you!

I like Spicy AND Sweet- being a Libra can be murder sometimes!! lol! :o

PLUS, I am getting to be darn hard to please!

Oh, Ok, that's cool, you don't need a cure w/ your wax...I need a small cure time with some of them, and the Christmas Pear was one of them, but i use 50/50 in my jars, and straight par. for my tarts-opposite of you!

I like Spicy AND Sweet- being a Libra can be murder sometimes!! lol! :o

PLUS, I am getting to be darn hard to please!

Girl, I am always hard to please! I think it's our nature! As for the cure time, no I don't need too much. I do usually let them sit for about 12 hours to make sure everything has set. I should do a test burn later this evening and I can let you know how it goes.

Shari

Okay, I burned the candy cane today. It did really well. I used the 4627 in an 8 oz mason, 10% FO, and an lx 22. I have to wick up with the Comfort Blend. I also striped it diagonally, 1 red, 1 white (which is w/o color for this wax) and it did great. At first I did a 3 hour burn at it was fine. Had a full melt pool within the hour and the hot throw is UNBELIEVABLE! Then I put it out and did a power burn from almost 1 pm till about 8 tonight. Had no problems, it still had a great hot throw. Had a little mushroom on the wick, but after 7 hours, I suspect that's normal. Anyway, just wanted to share with everyone. I love Bert's oils. I think I'm hooked. Hubby is gonna have a cow! :P

HTH,

Shari

Ya'll are just not right!!!! I laughed from those two comments more than I have all week long! But if you want cows.....come to W. KY. We have lots of them....it's really interesting trying to explain to my 9 year old sitting at a stop sign what that cow and bull are doing :confused: !

Sorry, got off the topic there for a minute. Just a little country humor I suppose. I will burn the Christmas Pear tomorrow and let ya'll know how it goes.

Still laughing,

Shari

If I'm up much longer, I may get tempted to go light that bad boy. I'm trying to stay away from it. I had all that candy cane in my nose that I'm afraid I won't appreciate the Christmas pear. But, I do have to say, the cold throw on it, with the 4627 is GREAT! Can smell it as soon as I walk in the kitchen. So we'll see tomorrow.

Shari