What other talents do you have?

Sara

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well lets see if this isnt a loaded question. My first love is candles. I guess I love my molds from creative gems the most, it gives me something to be creative with. You can only be so creative pouring containers! LOL

I love to paint. My first love with painting is my window screens. I have done about 5 of them, this spring i want to do a full sliding door screen. Cant wait to see that one come to life.

I do some beading I love to do the barefoot sandles. I did some for my neice for her wedding, that way her feet looked awesome when she wanted to take off her shoes.

I can sew also. But it comes easy for me. Thats why i dont do much of it. If I master it, I move on to something else. Guess thats why i love candles and bath and body so much. I really dont think this is a craft that you could ever totally master. Too many new things lerking around every corner lol.

I can also do remolding. I redid my entire bathroom this fall. I built a walkway outta stone and rock and edger bricks last summer. I can also work on cars lol Fix sons three wheeler. Oh and cooking , love to cook but only if there are lots of people to eat and enjoy it!! I also love to use stain glass paints on mirrors gives an awesome effect. Well I better stop there !!

Paula

Well, besides my soaps and candles etc. I have done cross stitch, quilting, stained glass, rubber stamping, scrapebooking and I'm sure a few more. I also take care of 5 horses and 3 dogs and 3 cats and a small farm I guess that is a talent. I"m in a 110+ year old farm house that is pretty small and only had 1 (yes I said 1) closet in the entire house so I kinda have to limit my "talents" since I don't have any place to put them!

I love this new section. I think I try everything at least once.

I've got candles and m&p, scrubs and lotions. Then we get to the "other" stuff, I just finished my first knitting project (after 3 years of fiddling with it, it's a huge blanket for my daughter almost 10 foot by 4 foot great for sharing on the couch) I do beaded jewelry, chainmaille (very expensive) I sew a little mostly pillows and dress up clothes, polymer clay jewelry containers and a little sculpture, I too have a stash of never used scrapbooking stuff, I try to be a photographer at least doing product shots, they don't move or make funny faces, and I just got some graphics/video software for xmas that I'm loving.

Sami

I am an avid scrapbook supply collector. :D Actually before the candles, I was heavily into scrapping. I try here and there to catch up, but just don't nearly have the time I once did. I love doing it, though. I also do the whole making cards and stamping thing. Music is a big part of my life (vocal and instrumental). I pretty much just sing for weddings/funerals now and at church, and play in a small ensemble once in a while, but I still love it. I love to design stuff for my husband to build for me, does that count? :wink2:

I am a miniturist, I love minis. I have several new house designs that are being made into kits. My favorite at the moment is quarter, but the houses are half scale.

I sew, quilt and am presently teaching both girls to sew, although they want to make clothes (yuck).

I love to garden and grow almost all the herbs for my soap. It is pretty extensive, but nothing like my Moms.

I am sort of scrap booking I guess, I bought the large frames with all the cutouts and am putting my pictures in those. My daughter is nutso for it though.

I would love to be able to sing, I am so bad, I hate to sing near anybody, but my grandbabies love it so they get to hear me.

I have cross stitched and crocheted, but have grown away from it. I no longer have the need to can, but I used to love it, now I just have a smaller garden, the girls are interested in it though so maybe this year I will do a few things. My kids loved the garden, when they were young, they would just eat their snacks right in the yard.

My husband travels a lot and the kids are gone, so I have some free time in the evenings.

I am another one that has tried to scrapbook. I have done my daughters first book but haven't even started my son's and he just turned 1!!!

Other then that I paint and build bird houses and then I train horses! That is big passion. Just added another filly to the herd last night.

Gosh, sounds like we all have a bunch of hobbies! I too used to sew quite a bit. Actually had to as I was so broke, I had to make my own uniforms! They weren't too bad, but I did get pretty wild with them! I also knit, crochet, do the soaps and candles and a little bit of beading. I'm also gettint into cutting cabochons, which is a lot of fun. I think someone else here mentioned they do the same. I think it's way cool, because you never know what you're going to end up with! DBF and I love going to Tucson for the annual "rock" show. We have a ball! He is in to faceting {sp??} and recently made me a ring. I have dabbled in many other hobbies, but soaping and candles are my main thing! :D

I'm a baker by nature & nurture, used to Macramé, but now I sew & crochet a few small things,write poetry & short stories, am a "self-made & taught" computer graphics artist , and now a B&B crafter :yay:

Wow, with all the talented people here, I think we should get together and open our own "Mall of America"! I think that together we could rule the world:D You guys are so amazing!

Sharon

I am a Chef by trade, I enjoy the baking and cake decorating side of the profession a lot.

I love anything formulary, thats what drove me to candles and bath and body stuff. I also love other handicrafts dabble in some mosaic and jewelry making. Some floral arrangement.

I am an avid gardener, both veggie and floral.

I also enjoy writing, I do a bit of poetry, short story, I am in the process of doing my own cookbook and I do a weekly instructional (cooking) article for a professional chef newsletter and community.

I cross stitch and do different crafts with my 2 year old twin girls...we painted bird houses this weekend (cant wait for the snow to melt!!!) and then we made pictures with those foamy cut outs (the sticker ones, Michaels has a great sale on them right now)......

Since my daughter was born last year I haven't had much time to do much of anything. I'm just getting into all this candle and b&b stuff and love it, but other than that I used to be an art major in college. I was majoring in ceramics at one point an LOVED it. I was always more into sculptural ceramics and handbuilt rather than working on the pottery wheel. It was all good dirty fun! When we get our house I plan on getting my own ceramic studio and getting back to work. Yay! :D

Lets see.... besides the candles of course, I dabbled in the B&B, but chose to stop.... my all time favorite hobby (besides candles) is stained glass.. I also do some beaded jewelry, Hemp jewelry. DW crochet's, cross stitches, latch hook, and absolutely ADORES miniture doll houses... I think thats it.....lol

Well besides candles and B&B I do all kinds of floral projects, wreaths, arrangements, and that kind of thing. I can decorate cakes. I do want to start making jewelry and glassbeads. I don't scrapbook. would love to but don't have the room. And I am very handy with power tools.