What other talents do you have?

Sara

I do a little of everything except scrapbooking but I do some paper crafts. I love to knit when I get the chance and I LOVE to make purses. Lets see, I try to paint :o , I love making prim dolls, I make some jewelry but I'm not to big into it, I also make glass block lights. The list goes on and on. :D

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love this new section.. I also scrapbook and scrapbook for others & teach scrapbooking classes as well.( So if any of you ladies that are scrapbook "collectors" would like to learn new stuff just let me know. Plus I like to mess around with stained glass and crochet for my hubby and boys new blankets each year. I also love to go hunting for vintage items as well and see what we can remake the item into.I must say the most fun is in the hunt for the items.

Terri

Hey Sara, I love this new section....something else to lose myself in!

As well as my candles, I knit & try designing my own knitwear if I've got fabulous yarns to play with.

I used to sew a lot but haven't done much of that for a long time.

I make friendship bracelets & sometimes play with beads left over from when I made jewellery years ago. I paint glass, I can't paint a picture but I love putting colours & patterns together & painting lightbulbs is just about my favourite, just did some more today.

I also make peel off window stickers & in the past I've made latchet hook rag & wool rugs......still have one of them to finish, it's been waiting a few years now.

Basically I don't like sitting doing nothing in the evenings so if I can be creative & watch tv at the same time I'm happy.

Sally.

I make wind chimes out of copper tubing~ old roofing slate and limestone. They're time intesive to make but they are awesome to listen to at night. I have several on my back porch. I call them Cathedrial chimes because that's what they sound like to everyone who hears them

Fire:cool2:

Besides candles, soaps, lotions and other b&b, I've stamped cards, knitted sweaters, crocheted afghans, made counted cross stitch pictures, beaded some jewelry, and sewn clothes. I'm sure I'm leaving something out here, but I'm tired today. About the only thing I haven't done is quilting, and believe me, that's on my list to try when my kids are grown and gone. ;)

well like Robin ... when I have time ... I can crochet crooked really well :grin2:

I have an extreme talent for disorganization too!!

Otherwise, my talents would probably include occasional poetry (I either have to be in the mood or drunk), photography (action shots would be strength), Speeding (ooh this is the craft section isn't it ;) )

And faux sewing ... (don't ask!)

Outside of all those fine qualities, I am also a wonderful collector of many things ... and we can leave that one alone too!

Oh and I can occasionally pick up the guitar and strum a little. I imagine after 14 years though I'd be way too rusty and I was never really any good.

Oh cool, Scented, I can play guitar too! I used to play a lot more (and even wrote some songs) back in college. That was when I actually had TIME. LOL

Oh, and I am a faux seamstress too. I *HATE* sewing. Did I mention I *detest* sewing? :laugh2: I do it only when really forced to. heh heh

Im so glad we have this section now!

Lets see, Im do all sorts of things: jewelry-making, crocheting, latch-hook, cross-stitch, and alot of different hand-sewing projects. I just got a sewing machine for xmas, and if i can just figure out the instructions, im going to start making unique baby clothes for my daugher. Already have tons of ideas on cute clothes for her. She is pretty small for her age, and alot of clothes dont fit her well.

This is a great new section...when I'm not cleaning teeth (dental hygienist), running to son's basketball games, taking care of 3 kids, cooking, barely cleaning, not getting caught up on the laundry...I love to sew, crochet, can't knit worth a darn, cross-stitch and an assortment of other crafts. I started in M&P soaps before the candles. I have enough supplies in my basement to open a store..which I eventually plan on doing. We have been in the process of remodeling our "new house" for the past 3 years and when we finally get moved into it I plan on having a shop in my basement for my candles and hope to get back into M&P soaps. My biggest plan is to offer crafting classes for kids. There isn't anyplace in our area for kids to go and do "creative" type things. If I don't teach my kids the things my grandmas and mom have taught me, they won't get passed down and I feel there is nothing better than the self satisfaction and pride in saying you made something on your own...even if it is something small and seemingly insignificant. My oldest son (11) and daughter (8) both enjoy sewing fleece blankets (can never have too many of those in the house!, they keep finding prints they like better than the last). They both have their own tiny tailor sewing machines. I've gotten into this bad habbit of buying sewing machines at auctions...I'll have enough to eventually offer small group sewing classes as well. I've had many adults ask if they can come to classes too. Eventually I will offer "crafting" birthday parties. I also have a sewing room in my new house..It's all set up and ready to go...my family will never get me out of there!

I got a sewing machine for Christmas too! Actually two, but one is going back...lol. My mom and MIL had the same idea! Its going to take me forever to learn how to use it! I'm so bad with instructions!

I also make infant bowbands, and hairbows for fun.

And faux sewing ... (don't ask!)
I not going to ask, I'll just beg for you to tell me. :wink2:
I got a sewing machine for Christmas too! Actually two, but one is going back...lol. My mom and MIL had the same idea! Its going to take me forever to learn how to use it! I'm so bad with instructions!

That's so cool!! I am self taught, I don't do well with reading instructions and following them. I hand them to hubby to read and tell him to show me how to do it.:D

Lots of sewing going on! Add me to that too. I sew, crochet, cross stitch (when the mood strikes!),and every now and then I find out the kitchen isn't just for candles. I used to love to bake, but my waist says no.

I like to sew things for babies. When my kids were little, I made alot of the girls clothes, not many for boys. Too easy to shop for them. Hair bows, both sewn and crochet. Tried dough ornaments years ago.

Now its mainly candles, and computer though...

Pat

HMMM where do I start. Besides B&B stuff and some candles, I also crochet eyelash leis, scrunchies, hat leis. I do some knitting ( learning) I do beaded jewelry, mostly bracelets, earrings and necklaces. Ah and I just started banging my drums in the community band.

NO kids so I keep busy.

Over the years I have messed with a little bit of everything.. Let's see... I crochet, candles (of course:D ), make hair bows, sewing. I have also messed around with homemade chocolates (mostly adult stuff:drool:, gee I think I might need to go check out my adult molds to see what I can come up with:laugh2: ), reborns dolls, cross stitch....I think that it....

Jeanna

I make candles, linen sprays, body sprays,sachets, some jewerly (but not too much i cant sit down that long), and my newest craft is decoupage plates. I have been playing with decouppage for a few weeks now and it is pretty fun. I just know that this new crafting board will cost me a lot more money, but wth dh will pay for it anyway. I just started doing pillar candles and omg i am about to lost my mind trying to get those things out of the mold. I think in the last two weeks i have said that i will quit making candles about 10 times because it stresses my bad. So this will give me more ideas to get my mind off pillars.

So- I'm not the only 'scrap book supply collector'. :yay: Interesting!

Before I started playing with wax and M&P, Baking soda, citric acid and all that other too fun stuff- and before my daughter was born (8yrs ago) I made barettes and Christmas ornaments ALL OF THE TIME, lol. I liked to custom match barettes with favorite outfits and do special occasion/holiday themes in them. My favorite Christmas ornaments to make were the mini grape vine wreaths. I think I will start back into that. It was just so hard to have everything left out when you had a toddler around so I got into the habbit of NOT doing any of it. I never had a 'craft room'. I dabble in writing thoughts down here or there to make into a book or two in my lifetime I hope, lol. I love to write poetry- when im in the mood, lol.

And about that 'faux sew' - is that what it's called when I whip out the roll of Stictch Witchery and the iron, and is it also when you are on intimate levels with your glue gun????:D:wink2: If so, then yeah... that's me too.

I have to say... this is the giving-est and sharing-est of boards ever. There are some strong personalities, no doubt- but it's everybody here, and everybody who keeps coming back, and everybody who has so much to contribute, and are so willing to share.... you ALL are so appreciated. :bow: