What other talents do you have?

Sara

I sewed for many years, making all kinds of dolls. My main passion for about 18 years was chocolate. This is the 2nd year that I haven't made candy...and I'm itching to make PB eggs. One year I made over 2000 eggs! DH suggested making some tarts out of my molds, but I'm going back into chocolate within the next 2 years, once I get everything they way I need it to be. Got my stuff ready to do eggs...its close enough to easter! Other thatn that, I can take anything and put it togehter...except wreaths..can't make those worth a darn.

I'd love to learn wool rug hooking...that's on my next list, been reading C&D way too much.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like many of you, I am an avid scrapbooking supply collector. I am slowly using it all up making greeting cards. I am also a fabric collector. I have fabulous intentions of sewing sundresses for my girls, quilts, Hallowe'en costumes, home dec. Many things cut and partially sewn... It is always a thrill when I finish something. I also go through a knitting phase every couple of years.

Michelle

This is a wonderful topic. There are so many talented people with so many varied interests.

I love to crochet, sew, and I love to read. I am a frustrated writer and have entertained the possibility of writing and trying to get published. I am an excellent cook. I have made jewelry in the past but have not done so in a very long time. I used to make a line of children's beaded socks (for girls) that I sold locally. I have done ceramics, pottery, painted just about every room in the house (sponge painted some walls).

I am an avid gardener. I love to see my beauties blooming. I divide and share with my neighbors and friends. I collect antique glass and go to the shows when they are in town.

I also love to decorate and am constantly changing out the decor in my home. I will put something away for a time and put something else in it's place. I love to do my own centerpieces for the different holidays using silk flowers, candles and just about anything that I think would work as a centerpiece.

That's a lot of eggs. I've been wanting to do peanut butter eggs just for the family but haven't ran across a recipe I like yet....is yours a secret?!

yes, it is a secret.:lipsrseal ..sorry...I actually have a few recipes. I spent over 15 years getting them experimenting to get the way I want. And to tell you the truth, I don;t use a recipe, everything is done by eye and taster. I do PB, PB Crispy, Choc PB Fudge, Coconut, and Cherry coconut. I actually made some on WEd. night, I couldn't wait. I have a secret ingredient to each one, but the basic PB is PB, powdered Sugar, and butter. Some like to add Cream cheese, but then you need to refridgerate. I also like to use a mixer with mione and really add air, which maked them nice and creamy.

But I do find that you need to use brand name PB, and the perfect chocolate, Merkens or Wilbur are the best.

I love gardening and grow my own flowers for dried wreaths, arrangements, topiaries, etc. and some for cut flowers. I also enjoy baking, and would like to learn cake decorating. I love to look at scrapbooking sites, even though I don't do scrapbooking yet. They have the neatest things. I sometimes use the accessories for other crafts, like bookmarks or bouquet decorations.

I wipe noses almost all day...is that a hobby? Lol..Im a kindergarten teacher so I have a HUGE avenue to release my inner "creative" side. My kids and I started making food soap and are now looking into taking it into a business. I like to scrapbook...but like everyone else have little time and by the time I get all of my supplies out Im tired! Yall are all so creative!!

I'm a painter by heart! I love to paint (suitcases, wall hangings, cupboard doors, etc.). I cut my own woodcrafts and paint, paint, paint!

I've been painting for over 10 years now, and hope to open my own road-side shoppe in my yard in the next couple of years.

Dawn

Indygirl, I also do stained glass, mostly lamps and panels. I really enjoy sandblasting designs on glass! Candle boxes and lanterns are what I'm thinking now IF I can find the time!

I also weave baskets, time permitting, crochet, knit and sew. Tried painting but, can't draw for s...! My first love is gardening, flowers and vegies and herbs OH MY.

I am always looking for new challanges so welding and metal cutting is sparking me now. I would like to do yard art sculptures with metal and glass! If I can find the time lol.

• 4 months later...

Other then sewing dresses, pants,and doll clothes, and stuffing pillows,

and crochet towels,and making teddy bears, For 45 years now my new

Hobby for the past five years is sented, teddy bears, candles, linen spray,

Air fresheners, and for the last two months CP soap

thats lol folks :yay::P:yay: :yay: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2::P

I do cross stitch and can knit and crochet. I love stitching lavender & lace or mirabilia patterns. Its getting to the stage now where DH would love for me to have a hobby that doesn't take up so much room lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think there is any type of needle work I haven't tried and done. The main ones I found that I like the best and do the most needle knit, loom knit, crochet, crochet beading, and swedish weaving.

I used to love doing woodworking but my woodshop became my candle and BB workshop lol My kids thought I had lost my mind when I would ask for a saw, router or tools for my birthday or christmas :embarasse

I just wish there were more hours in a day, I had more arms and hands to do it all.