What other talents do you have?

Sara

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My mom and I make wreaths, swags, grave blankets& pillows, flower arrangements, polymer clay stuff, wood crafts, antique window crafts, recycled jean purses, trash to treasure is our favorite.... We have made other things in the past but mastered it and got bored. I am sure I am leaving something out but oh well. We want to get into mosaic art, sculpture (one day), making our own tin tart warmers, jewelry... but these are definately down the road, too much going on not enough money and time. I love crafting! I look forward to reading everyone elses posts.

Lori

I don't do much anymore (when would I find the time? lol) but I used to sew a ton, and cross stitch, and crochet - mostly afgan type things, not clothing.

But this year my new love is going to be pottery - I'm going to be training with my artist neighbor on the wheel - can't wait!

Love the new sections Sara .

I'm like Robin......I don't have time anymore but someday I'll get back to knitting, crocheting and cross stitch. I still have a throw 3/4 done that's cross stitched on window pane linen.........someday it will get finished!! :laugh2:

I stamp cards and also do embroidery. I don't do as much needlework as I used to but still love it. Since most everyone gets candles for gifts, I thought I'd mix things up this year and start embroidering pillow cases and dresser scarves for gifts! :grin2:

I sew, knit, crochet, play around with polymer doll sculpting. We need a club for buying scrapbooking supplies and storing them-I belong to that too. Tried most everything once. Has anyone ever gathered those large tree fungi and dried them then painted landscapes on them? My cousin is a fabulous artist and she used to do that and she tutored me through one of those. I'm not bad at painting if I have her to tell me which brush to use. LOL. Used to macrame years ago too. All I can think of now. Working on a cable knit cardigan for my grandbaby expected in April right now.

Glo

I buy rough gemstones or the wife and I go to the mountains rock hounding and find our own. I then cut (facet) the rough stones into ring, necklass, and ear ring settings. We buy the findings and I set the stones into them

We are working on a way to conbined the gemstone cutting with the gel candles we make...

Maybe a gem gel candle with imbeds of precious or semi precious stones.

Bill and Donna

Jacksonville Fla

Great new section! :)

I do lots of stuff - gotta have variety or I get bored. Besides B&B and now candles, I do knitting, crochet, embroidery (especially crazy quilting), sewing, tole painting, drawing, stained glass, passionate gardening. Oh yeah, can't forget the ongoing home decorating! :D

Lori

I love to knit. I also make jewelry and sew baby blankets, burpies for a local baby line where I live. I make clothes every now and then when I feel inspired. I love the glue gun and when I see anything out in the stores that I think I can duplicate, I go home and try it.

But the candle making thing is definately my newest and favorite new obsession. I plan on dabbling in some soap making real soon!!!!

Not really a craft, but if I get too bored I end up painting a room. I've lived in my house for almost 5 yrs and I've painted every room in my house at LEAST twic.

THe next time you get bored can you come to my house???? :yay:

Well... I am obsessed with Cook's Illustrated... I love to cook Mexican food especially... Tamales (Chile Verde with Jack Cheese)... Homemade candies.. Almond Turtles is my claim to fame with family and friends (Choclatier magazine ROCKS!). I make blankets, wreaths, and several other small crafts. I guess, I just love to create anything from scratch!

Hmmmm. I make hand made soap thus the screen name, mainly trying to focus on vegan since I have vegans in the family and its hard to find good products, I also make soy candles and tarts, bath products (salts, bombs, cookies, lotions, etc.) I also crochet afghans, baby blankets, scarves, wash cloths, anything really.....hand paint decor, floral arrangements, beaded jewelry..... lets just say a lot to pass the time and for enjoyment :yay: