Moonstar

Ive been asked to make a Donut scented candle /wax melts. Any good ones out there - I saw some on Just Scent but not sure about any of them. Do they actually smell 

like a donut or are they more of a birthday cake smell with cinnamon or pumpkin or a jam/jelly scent added to it ? I think they're looking for a BBW type ??? 

The same person asked for a snow scent ??? WTH - what does snow smell like ??? Oh geez - I don't even know where do begin this lol ! Any guidance or suggestions

would be greatly appreciated :) 

• Like 1

thanks Belinda :)  I think I might give that one a try. Just Scent's shipping is too high for just a few ounces of FO - otherwise Id try theirs for sure.

When googling donut FO I saw a review for the Better Homes + Garden version of BBW cinnamon sugar donut - but they call theirs Corner Store Bakery

It had a great review. I think I'll run up to Walmart and get one as a reference since Ive never tried BBW cinnamon sugar donut. Hopefully they'll have it . 

• Like 2

bfroberts I completely forgot about ICS - yes, she does have some great bakery scents + strong too. Thanks for the reminder. I recently poured her 

lemon icebox cookie in a parasoy blend for melts. OOB I thought it was ok but once poured + cured it was great , a really nice lemon sugar cookie .

• Like 2

I have not tried any straight donut fragrances, but I do have ICS Cinnamon Glazed Donuts and it is AWESOME!!  I have used it in wax melts and a car sachet (both were amazing), and plan to pour a candle for this fall season.  I hope it is not too hard to wick...

• Like 2

I haven't been able to find a straight Donut scent that I like.  I thought RE's Glazed Donut smelled like Warm Vanilla Sugar.  What if you were to play around with a pancake or pie crust scent as the bakery note and then add fruits, syrups, chocolate, etc for the topping or filling?  Not sure it would give you what you want but it's a place to start.  Good luck!!!

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 8/13/2016 at 3:29 PM, Belinda said:

The only one I've put in wax is FB's pumpkin sugared doughnut and I love it. I have smelled RE's out of the bottle but never in wax. It smelled good though.

Hi Belinda!  Do you like FB Pumpkin Sugared Doughnut better than their Cinnamon Sugared Donut?  Also with the PSD do you smell heavy pumpkin spice?  TIA!  

• Like 1

I know this is an older post, but wanted to see if you had a chance to try the ICS Cinnamon Glazed Donut FO @Moonstar?  

Also, @soshiegirl were you able to find a good Donut FO?  I'm torn as to get the Cinnamon Sugared Donut From FB or perhaps try the Cinnamon Glazed Donut From ICS.  I love most of both companies FO's.   Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.  😇💕 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marleigha said:

I know this is an older post, but wanted to see if you had a chance to try the ICS Cinnamon Glazed Donut FO @Moonstar?  

Also, @soshiegirl were you able to find a good Donut FO?  I'm torn as to get the Cinnamon Sugared Donut From FB or perhaps try the Cinnamon Glazed Donut From ICS.  I love most of both companies FO's.   Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.  😇💕 

@Marleigha if I had to choose between the two (and I have both), I would go with Cinnamon Glazed Donut.  Super strong and delicious.  Cinnamon Sugared Donut really does smell like it's namesake (not overly sweet).  I have yet to find a straight donut scent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, soshiegirl said:

@Marleigha if I had to choose between the two (and I have both), I would go with Cinnamon Glazed Donut.  Super strong and delicious.  Cinnamon Sugared Donut really does smell like it's namesake (not overly sweet).  I have yet to find a straight donut scent.

Thank you so much @soshiegirlfor the quick response.  I really appreciate it.  I tried the JS Glazed Donut and the Glazed Donut from RE but neither one of them impressed me.  I just ordered Sugared Cronut from Lonestar so we shall see... I will keep you posted of my thoughts.  Thanks again!  😇

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Ive never tried that one ICS. I am placing an order with FB and thinking about getting their Cinnamon Sugar Donut. Have you tried that one ? The only donut FO Ive tried and love is 

Jelly Donut from WSP .... OMG so damn good ! I can't get over how real it is . Im going to be order from Candles and Supplies for the first time, So Im interested in seeing how they 

are . Im trying Tobacco Vanilla ( Tom Ford Dupe) Gingerbread Applesauce Cake - Cranberry Chutney - not sure if a chutney will be similar to CS Cranberry Marmalade ? Honey Scent 

and had Oatmeal Cookie in my cart then it SOLD OUT lol ! Im also thinking about trying their paracoconut wax .

• Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 6:43 PM, Moonstar said:

Ive never tried that one ICS. I am placing an order with FB and thinking about getting their Cinnamon Sugar Donut. Have you tried that one ? The only donut FO Ive tried and love is 

Jelly Donut from WSP .... OMG so damn good ! I can't get over how real it is . Im going to be order from Candles and Supplies for the first time, So Im interested in seeing how they 

are . Im trying Tobacco Vanilla ( Tom Ford Dupe) Gingerbread Applesauce Cake - Cranberry Chutney - not sure if a chutney will be similar to CS Cranberry Marmalade ? Honey Scent 

and had Oatmeal Cookie in my cart then it SOLD OUT lol ! Im also thinking about trying their paracoconut wax .

I agree about WSP jelly Donut.  I love it, but I also need a plain donut.  I placed an order with Lonestar for their Cinnamon Sugared Donut as well as the Sugared Cronut.  When they arrive I will certainly let you know my thoughts on them.  I also just placed a decent sized order with FB and got the Cinnamon Sugared Donut...  My paackage from Lonestar is to arrive tomorrow and my package from FB is due to arrive Saturday.  I will update soon.  I do wonder about the one from ICS and will most likely try that one too.  I love her oils.  

Hmm... Have not tried the paracoconut wax. What are the perks to this one?  Better scent throw?   

Yes, Cranberry Chutney strikes me as being a cranberry with a little bit of cinnamon or spice to it.  I am still ISO a good phthalate free regular sweet Cranberry.  The Oatmeal Cookie really appeals to me.  I remember years ago I would go not the craft stores that sold wax snaps and would always purchase their Oatmeal cookie melts.  ❤ that smell!  As a matter of fact I just ordered this one with Lonestar and I'm hoping that it turns out to be fabulous!   😇

Edited by Marleigha
  • Like 2

On 9/25/2018 at 2:43 AM, Marleigha said:

Hi Belinda!  Do you like FB Pumpkin Sugared Doughnut better than their Cinnamon Sugared Donut?  Also with the PSD do you smell heavy pumpkin spice?  TIA!  

I will have to go give them both a sniff but I do remember liking both of them. They are very similar though but I would still order both. The one from Aztec is good too. They have cinnamon sugared doughnuts. It smells the same as the one from FB to me.

• Like 1

@Moonstar I did get my order for the LS Cinnamon Sugar Donuts & LS Sugared Cronut.  In addition I also ordered Cinnamon Sugared Donut from FB.  I have not put any of them in wax as of yet but OOB I really like them all.  The SC has a very heavy yeast smell with it.  The other 2 Cinnamon Sugar Donut & Cinnamon Sugared Donut from FB are very close!  I ordered 1# of the one from FB and only and oz sample of the CSD from LS.  And the 1# bottle of the sugared Cronut from LS.  Hopefully I love at least one of them.  Lol 

The Gingerbread Applesauce Cake sounds like it will smell amazing!  Keep me posted if you so order it!   😇

Edited by Marleigha
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Marleigha said:

@Moonstar I did get my order for the LS Cinnamon Sugar Donuts & LS Sugared Cronut.  In addition I also ordered Cinnamon Sugared Donut from FB.  I have not put any of them in wax as of yet but OOB I really like them all.  The SC has a very heavy yeast smell with it.  The other 2 Cinnamon Sugar Donut & Cinnamon Sugared Donut from FB are very close!  I ordered 1# of the one from FB and only and oz sample of the CSD from LS.  And the 1# bottle of the sugared Cronut from LS.  Hopefully I love at least one of them.  Lol 

The Gingerbread Applesauce Cake sounds like it will smell amazing!  Keep me posted if you so order it!   😇

I will :) can you recommend a good carrot cake . I'm going to try the zucchini bread from FB . 

Ive heard Aztec has a good carrot cake . 😘

• Like 1

On 10/1/2018 at 6:37 PM, Marleigha said:

I just ordered the Gingerbread Apple 🍎 along with a honey 🍯 FO . Should get them in a few days 

I'll let you know 😘

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2018 at 6:37 PM, Marleigha said:

Well OOB it's not as amazing as I hoped for . I'll try it in wax and might like it better. I hope so because I could a pound of it lol 

• Sad 1

Hi Moonstar!  Sorry for the delay in my reply.  I honestly think out of all of them I like the LS Sugared Cronut & FB Cinnamon Sugared Doughnut.  However it depends on what exactly your looking for in a Donut FO.  The LS SC smells very yeasty and......... Ya know what let me go smell it! 

Ohhh k!!!!  Ya know what?  The SC actually smells so much like an elephant ear from the county fair to me!  Or maybe even a Cinnamon Sugar churro!   I really like it OOB & I also tested it in some oils in my kitchen warmer and it throws nicely in my home!  The CSD from FB is also very nice just less yeasty, yet a different smell all together.  

Oh yay!  I bet the gingerbread applesauce cake is going to be nice!  I'm also ISO a good honey so please keep me posted on both.  In regards to the ZB from FB it is a nice ZB..... It actually smells very similar to the one from NG.  Both are nice. The one from ICS is a definitely more of a spicy ZB.  I still buy from all 3 places it just depends on who what place I need the most FO's from.  

Hmmm.... Carrot Cake!  🤔  I had heard good things about the Carrot Cake from LS, so when I placed my order from their 1/2 off sample sale I ordered a few pounds as well as several 1 oz bottles.  I got 2 of all of the ones I heard good things about.  Sadly, I wasn't really impressed with theirs after all.  So I moved on and placed an order with FB and ordered their Peak Type Carrot Cake and while it's decent it lacks spice.  And I like the spice kick to carrot cake.  The best one I have used to date is from Millcreek.  Theirs was heavy on the spice, but a nice strong CC FO.   Goodness.... I'm sorry I'm just rambling huh?  😂  Anyways.... HTH!   And again so sorry for the delay in my response!  😇

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Well OOB it's not as amazing as I hoped for . I'll try it in wax and might like it better. I hope so because I could a pound of it lol 

Looks like we were typing very close to the same time.  😁  I'm so sorry to hear that you don't really care for it OOB.  Maybe once you test it in wax or maybe even in some oil straight in your warmer it will thrive.  I hope for your sake it does.  9 times out of 10, I usually just buy the pound bottles also.  Well unless they are having a sample sale/ half off 1oz bottles.   Do you use paraffin, soy or parasoy?  How did you like the Honey?   Did you get any others?  Lmk

• Like 1