New Fragrance Co in Georgia

grama

He said he thought customers would not like selecting their choices 1 at a time. I personally can't type well & would rather select 1 at a time as I'm looking at it instead of writing them down then going back & typing in each choice. Maybe he'll take that into consideration as they grow!

What I do is copy and paste the name of the FO I want into notepad. Then when done I just paste all my options into the box when ordering. No typing or writing involved :)

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like my package will be here sometime today :)

Will give an OOB review as soon as I can.

I'm so hoping that these are good oils since the prices are really good.......crossing fingers....and toes lol

I placed an order and received an e-mail when the order was shipped. I got another e-mail later that said, "we have pulled a few fragrances for reformulation based on feedback we were getting . . . .orange peel & cinnamon, apple jack & peel, and sun & sand. .. . " I was also told new scents would be added Monday if I wanted to look at those and replace the 3 that had been pulled. Just thought I would update on my order status.

I just got an email from Luis Rodriguez(owner maybe?) saying thank you for the order and that the Mac Apple sample I ordered with the set was not in the package and that it was shipped seperately yesterday so I'm guessing I should have that one by Monday. Seems like he is doing his best to make everyone happy and work out whatever kinks there may be in a new business.

I'm very anxiously awaiting this order.........anyone get theirs yet?

ok gang.....got my package about 45 mins ago.

For starters, I'm not very impressed with these bottles and how they are marked. No labels, just the scent name handwritten on the bottle with black magic marker :(

They were all stuffed in a ziplock bag, in the box with packing peanuts on each end....no leakage on any of them.

oob impressions are ok....none seem very strong but the scent of each one is mearly ok....kinda weak imo but that's just an oob impression and God knows I've got severe candlenose from all the candles I've been pouring the past few days getting ready for a show next Thursday.

Now the scent I do really like is the Pink Sugar...and of course that's the one for B&B only I believe lol

I'm going to try and make a few candles with some of these but not sure when since I'm working all weekend I'm hoping to test Monday.

Please anyone else that gets theirs today I would like to hear other opinions :)

I can say this much.....I don't think I will be ordering any large bottles anytime soon from this company unless I'm impressed with the throw of my testers.

I poured about a 1/2 oz of the apple cinnamon in my large tart/candlewarmer along with a tablespoon or two of palm wax and have to say it smells great in here. My entire downstairs area smells really good and its drifting upstairs now.

I also made a room and linen spray using KYs spray base and the sugar cookie fo and that too smells yummy. The spray is nice and clear.

Since I didn't have time to make candle testers I had to try something due to being impatient and wanting to try these out lol

I poured about a 1/2 oz of the apple cinnamon in my large tart/candlewarmer along with a tablespoon or two of palm wax and have to say it smells great in here. My entire downstairs area smells really good and its drifting upstairs now.

I also made a room and linen spray using KYs spray base and the sugar cookie fo and that too smells yummy. The spray is nice and clear.

Since I didn't have time to make candle testers I had to try something due to being impatient and wanting to try these out lol

I like that the room spray smells yummy with the Sugar Cookie. I think Sugar Cookie is a very difficult scent as it is naturally a light scent.

Thanks for coming back to post about your experiments.

Good luck with the show on Thursday!

I got my oils this morning. I've got to say on the oils I ordered I'm pretty impressed with them. Of course oob reviews are not to reliable. I will be ordering lbs. of alot of them. I to was not real pleased with the black marker label, but what the heck for those prices I can live with it.

I got the same personnal email, saying thank you, & if there was any problem to contact him.

I ordered on Wednesday evening and the oils just arrived. They smell great OOB and I ordered pounds since I make soap. I am off to the soap kitchen to make some new soaps. The pound bottles have childproof lids that did not leak and they have labels with the name of the company, address, phone number, name of fragrance and their website. Guess the samples are the ones with the magic marker labels. Plus they were in ziplock bags with styrofoam peanuts. I thought I was paying for regional shipping since it was cheap but it came in a medium flat rate box.

My favorite was a cheapie on special called English Ivy Morning. I love it. I sure hope it does well in goat milk soap cause I am making it first.

Just got my oils today. I think the customer service was great and very personalized. So far the oils smell great. I dont mind the black marker on the side of the bottles since these are only 1oz samples.

Here are my oob reviews:

Blue Mountain Coffee - smells like a nice coffee but more of a lighter scent

Pumpkin pie - again a very light scent

Autumn Apples - this is a nice strong apple scent. It is supposed to be a BBW type but I can not remember what the BBW version smells like to compare. Next time I am near a BBW I will step in a sniff their candle for comparison. But it does smell good.

Creamy Nutmeg - I do not detect nutmeg. It smells very similar to a pumpkin spice. At first I thought it might have been their pumpkin spice just mis-labeled however the pumpkin spice is a dark oil so it is definitely not the same.

Pumpkin Spice - This does smell nice & strong but very similar to other pumpkin spices, heavier on the spice

Mocha hazelnut coffee - smells nice but not a strong scent. Maybe it will be stronger in wax.

Maple hazelnut crunch - I like this one. I smell more of the maple than hazelnut, but it smells good

Cinnamon pumpkin bread - I detect more of the pumpkin & cinnamon but not much of the bakery notes.

I also received an email from Luis letting me know that the cinnamon & clove was being reformulated due to feedback so that wasnt included in the shipment. I am going to check the site on Monday when he lists some new oils and pick a replacement for that one. Hopefully these will be great in the wax. I think I will be trying the maple hazelnut crunch, cinnamon pumpkin bread & autumn apple first. Those are my favorites so far. I will report back!

I got mine in the mail today. I was very impressed over the customer service. I don't mind the 1oz bottle having marker names on them, if they were 8oz then yes I would rather have labels etc. Anyhow, this is what I got and my OOB impression for what it's worth :)

The Sugar Cookie - It to me smells like a very strong sugar cookie. This should be a good one.

Summer Banana Split - Smells good, a lot of banana and can't place what else I smell but lots of banana.

Fluffy Cupcake - Smells like a yellow box cake :)

Sugared Lilac - (I always have to try lilac) this is a pretty good Lilac, it doesn't have a candy smell, but not a normal lilac smell either. It's good though.

Dreamsickle - Smells like one to me!

Kush - haha not sure if I'll get the munchies or not but it doesn't smell anything like I thought it would LOL It is actually a very good scent. Not sure what it smells like though :) My son who is 20... says ummm smells like no "kush" he's ever smelled.... But it is good whatever it's suppose to smell like.

Maple Syrup - Smells like french toast!!!! YUMMY

Lavender Nectar - I'm not much of a lavender person but this is pretty good. A sweet lavender but not overly sweet in my opinion.

Red Candy Apple - Not very candy apple to me, smells almost like a caramel apple. You can tell it's some sort of apple on a stick LOL My son says it smells like apple jacks lol:)

Cinna-Vanilla Cone - To me, smells like a cinnamon stick.

Patchouli - Not a scent I like at all or ever used so can't say much on this one. I'm not a earthy type person, but this really isn't all that bad.

Like others, I am waiting until Monday since 3 of mine were being reformulated (according to the email I received). I am missing one scent (Fried Ice Cream) not sure if that is being reformulated or if it was forgotten somehow. Waiting on an email to find out. Hope to test at least one of these tomorrow. If I do I'll be sure to update when I can.

I like that the room spray smells yummy with the Sugar Cookie. I think Sugar Cookie is a very difficult scent as it is naturally a light scent.

Thanks for coming back to post about your experiments.

Good luck with the show on Thursday!

Thanks! I really really like the sugar cookie and if it works out in my warmer then I'm going to buy a lb of it. I too am always on the hunt for a good sugar cookie and may have a winner with this one. The scent lingered for quite a while when I sprayed the room spray which to me is a good sign.

Nor sure I have enough to make a candle now but will try tomorrow to make a couple of tarts with it.

Like I said earlier I have severe candle nose so I may have jumped the gun saying the oils were not too strong oob.

I also have Birthday cake I'm looking forward to trying out.

Customer service gets a big thumbs up from me. Very nice man a will seem to go out of his way to make everyone happy. :)

ok....off to work I go.....thanks for reviews everyone!

Ive placed an order for the 10 samples, looking forward to them coming in! I'll post a review of them when they get here. This is what I ordered:

1. Butt Naked

2. Iced Cranberry

3. Patchouli

4. Plumeria Frangipani

5. Summer Margarita

6. Amish Harvest

7. Champagne Snow Showers

8. Fluffy Cupcake

9. Soda Pop

10. Jamacia Me Crazy

Here are a few reviews from the few I have tried so far.

Kush great hot & cold throw in soy.

Birch, fern, forest great hot & cold throw (love the greenery smell)

soda pop great hot & cold throw. smell the fizz

the sugar cookie great h&c throw

creme brulee okay, I like ky better

Amber white a little light for candles but would be good in b&b

Sparkling pomegranate great c&h thow smelled light oob but great in wax

lemon martini great c:&h throw clean smell

Creamy nutmeg great like this one a lot

champagne snow showers this one surprised me but like it after I poured it.

Mango strawberry a little on the light side

Coconut mango another light one

Will let you know what I think of the rest when I get them poured. Like to know what other think

Pat

My absolute favorite is the Sugar Cookie....yummm yummm I love this one

Not impressed with Lemon Buttercream....doesn't really smell like either of them all that much and it's weak imo

Apple Pie....poured the oz into 10oz feather palm wax(candlewic) and made some votives and 2 tarts....the votive is weak but the tart smells great in my burner....maybe I have to let the votives cure a bit. If I can get this apple pie to throw well I will like it better than KYs and I love KYs apple pie

Cinnamon Pumpkin Bread...I poured into a tealight warmer with a little bit of CO and wow....strong! smells good to me...I smell the cinnamon the most but can also detect the bread and pumpkin.

Home Sweet Home.....did the same...put it in a tealight burner with some CO and altough it really doesn't smell like Yankees HSH it smells strong, good and spicy :)

That's all I got to

I wants gallons of the sugar cookie for sure lol

I don't use pure soy. I use 6006 and palm(not mixed together) I made a spray and also put some in a tealight warmer with some 6006 added.

Sorry, never purchased any fos from moonworks so can't give you a comparison. I have used and really liked CS version(smells great but just not strong enough) KYs which I do also like and also NGs Mrs Claus sugar cookie which is also great but I'm on a search for something that has a great throw in wax and smells great and think imo that the version from this supplier is my favorite and will be good for both H and C throw.

Well now you have me curious on the moonworks version lol