Bert's Heaven Scent FO's in Candles

Judy, USMC

Girl,

Just do what I do. Order when he is not home. Get the mail before he gets home, and then hide the supplies with the rest, so he doesn't notice. Mission accomplished. Hubby was out of town this past week and let me tell you, I kept the UPS guys busy every day :laugh2:! Got a bunch of stuff that magically disappeared into the abyss of candle supplies. He never knew the difference :yay: . Bert's oils are a must have!

Shari

If all else fails, Victoria's Secret wins every time ;)

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:yay: I got my 1st order today and I even showed hubby lol he gave me the lift of an eyebrow but when he smelled them and I told him the total cost to include shipping he was rather impressed. Cant wait for the weekend now to pour them into the wax

:cheesy2: I couldn't sleep so I finally got up at 4:30am and poured candy cane, christmas pear, christmas tree and lemon biscotti:drool: wow on all of them, when hubby woke up this morning the one he could smell the most was candy cane, I agree it is very strong and I think I burned some nose hairs while pouring lol

Has anyone used the Lemon Biscotti pie in SOY and had success? I've seen on here where a lot of soy users aren't. I poured it the other day (soy) and wanted to drink the bottle, but as soon as I got it in the wax the smell changed. I don't think I like the result. Not real sure it was a fuel smell but, nothing like the OOB scent. Dang, and I was so hopeful after sniffing the bottle, LOL!

BTW my MIL says it smells like some kind of popcorn!

I've poured the Lemon Biscotti also 1 oz in 1# of C3 and it smells great in the candle and in the melts. I didn't get a fuel or funny smell at all in this one. My testers loved it too. I did notice some oil seepage so I need to cut back on it next time around. Maybe it's just too much oil? It's a strong one, so you don't really need as much as some other scents.

Gonna try that lemon biscotti again, but this time in parasoy. And I loved Vanilla latte OOB, it was okay in palm, but in parasoy...woohoo! Less than 24 hour cure too. And oddly enough, it smelled really intriguing when it mixed with ST Baked Apples...wouldn't have put those two together and would have NO idea what to call it, but they smelled great!!!

I have it curing in CB135 right now (just poured this AM) and I think it smells awesome in the wax, cant wait to light it.

Gdawg how long are you curing the CB135 for.........I just poured Candy Cane & Andes Thin Mint this morning in 4 & 8 oz tins with CB135 & the house still smelled heavenly when I came back this afternoon.

I could drink the ATM, its lovely oob but gets even better in the wax.

Sally

It got to cure for about 12hrs lol before I had to light it cause the cold throw was awesome, the hot throw was great too, I almost bought the ATM but didn't cause I know I will be back ordering more with all the great reviews, gees I could but one of everything and go broke within 24hrs.

Gdawg how long are you curing the CB135 for.........I just poured Candy Cane & Andes Thin Mint this morning in 4 & 8 oz tins with CB135 & the house still smelled heavenly when I came back this afternoon.

I could drink the ATM, its lovely oob but gets even better in the wax.

Sally

Did the Andes Thin Mint incorporate into your wax? I had a very hard time with it at only 6% ....but it's such a wonderful fragrance. :drool: I am going to make it work for me if possible!

If someone is interested in a little review.. (paraffin and palm wax)

Vanilla latte: marvellous, strong hot and cold throw at 5%. One of the best coffee scents I ever smelled. To me it can be a real good italian cappuccino or caffelatte!

Evergreen: very fresh, strong hot and cold throw at 5%

Christmas tree: love it, it's about the same of peak's spruce christmas tree. strong hot and cold throw at 5%

Orange Spice: nice. true to its name, good hot and cold throw at 5%

now I'm sorry to write what I'm going to write, but everything must said!

Eggnog: very good OOB, but scent disappeared once it hit the wax. I can't smell it no more.

Fall harvest: very good OOB, sweeter than amish harvist (peak), more fruity, but once in wax it was like smelling orange spice, and it's a tad weak (I didn't pour the two scents in the same day).

Columbian coffee: good OOB, but once in wax it became too bitter, and it smells of chicory (coffee can be made of chicory). Very strong, but not a good scent to me.

Sorry but I feel I had to tell this, while I absolutely love some scents I was disappointed by others. I still have some other to test, and will do as soon as possible.

HTH

Hi Sabrina - I have to add that I had no luck with the Fall Harvest or Fall Festival - I was starting to think I was the ONLY one that had no luck with some of Bert's fos - so I'm glad that it was not just me - but I do love the Cinnamon Oatmeal Crunch - awesome thrower with such a nice cozy scent - the oatmeal comes out beautifully in it - and I'm waiting to test the Sugar Cookie - I'm probably going to try some more of the 'food' scents - maybe that will be the best throwers in my wax - thanks for your honest evaluation, made me feel a tad better....:undecided

Well I've tried it( ATM) in the CB135 & my own ecosoya pillar/ pw blend & both times it's blended with the wax just fine. It is thicker than the Candy Cane & darker & I usually find this means an oil needs to be stirred a bit more than others, theres no seepage in the tins or the CC pillar, the ATM is still setting up so I'll have to wait & see how it comes out.

I've used them both at 8% but I think I will be able to use them at a lower % I won't know til I burn them.

I have to go away for a couple of days tomorrow so I won't be tempted to burn them straight away.

Whats your wax Pixi?

Sally.

Sally are you doing all your scents at 8%? That is what I am doing also and thought just today that I could probally go down a tad. Like with the x-mas tree I have it downstairs in my bathroom and can smell it up the stairs and around the corner. I started with 8% cause that is what I usually have to do with other FO suppliers scents in the CB135.

I am soooo digging these scents with the throw, I was beginning to think that I would never get a decent FO throw in this wax for a great price

I'm starting out at 8% , like you it's what I usually use for other suppliers oils, but I think I'll be able to cut back on some.

I haven't burnt any yet so I can only comment on the oob/cold throw.........yummy!

I didn't get xmas tree, I got Evergreen as it sounded rather like another christmas scent I use(all year round) but it's not & so far I've only managed to get the CC & ATM in the wax.

I'm using Eco's in my tins & LX's in my pillars so I hope they work well.

The price is fantastic, even with shipping to UK they are still cheaper than oils I can get over here which are all too often inferior.

Will post results when I get these babies burning.

Sally.

I'm sooo freakin bummed about Candy Cane...I can't get it to burn without a fuel or really off smell. I use C3 and tried like 4 different wicks now. It smells great in the melts, but I really wanted candles with this one! Anyone get it to work out in C3? Where's the crying smiley face when I need it?

kandlekrazy maybe with that one you will have to do like wickless? that is a bummer, maybe you can add a scent to it to take the fuel smell away.

sally i am sure i will be having the x-mas tree burning year round cause hubby likes that smell, i have never been into tree scents or wood but he is

I'm sooo freakin bummed about Candy Cane...I can't get it to burn without a fuel or really off smell. I use C3 and tried like 4 different wicks now. It smells great in the melts, but I really wanted candles with this one! Anyone get it to work out in C3? Where's the crying smiley face when I need it?

ugh that sucks about your candy cane :( i know you have been asked this what seems a million times...but i am curious to what wax your using lol? I havent had a chance to make this one yet.

edit: lol, i shouldve looked up before i posted...sorry...C3 you are using right LOL

Well I've tried it( ATM) in the CB135 & my own ecosoya pillar/ pw blend & both times it's blended with the wax just fine. It is thicker than the Candy Cane & darker & I usually find this means an oil needs to be stirred a bit more than others, theres no seepage in the tins or the CC pillar, the ATM is still setting up so I'll have to wait & see how it comes out.

I've used them both at 8% but I think I will be able to use them at a lower % I won't know til I burn them.

I have to go away for a couple of days tomorrow so I won't be tempted to burn them straight away.

Whats your wax Pixi?

Sally.

Hi Sally,

My wax is IGI 4627. The ht is still good even though it didn't incorporate into the wax completely. I can see it pooled at the bottom of my container. I am thinking that next time I will increase the temp that I add the fo to see if that helps.... I do love this scent!

oooh, oooh, oooh -- just poured a Redwood & Cedar pillar with a touch of Rose..love the smell of the cedar & rose together. Of course, I still have to test burn it to see how strong the rose is in the hot throw and maybe adjust a little here & there. Name = Mountain Rose??

I decided to melt down the candy cane so I could add more wax and also a little strawberry, so I've got it in the oven along with Christmas Pear that I screwed up and added too much fo...OMG...the oven smells heavenly. Now I'm thinking these two mixed together would make a good scent, never would have thought it until I smelled it. I have 4 pear containers and 2 candy canes melting and it seems like a perfect balance.