Bert's Heaven Scent FO's in Candles

Judy, USMC

if anyone is interested, I'm burning old fashioned sugar cookies (5% in paraffin) and the rhow is amazing, all the office is smelling really good!

But what is an old fashioned sugar cookie??

It's just a plain vanilla cookie that has the sugar on top according to this recipe: www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/11724

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you like them! The 2 I've used from your list threw great for me in my 50/50 (Paradise and Redwood and Cedar)

What kind of wax do you use?

I am thinking of some of these to be more for cp soap, also searching for some ocean type scent that will go good with my surfboard ornies.

I still might toss some into candles as well, I use just the basic pillar wax(genwax 145) from genwax.com they are a wholesale place down the street from me

Florals, capitol P U ...............Lavender = the stinkiest scent on earth comparible to that of a skunk butt :laugh2:

Maybe I should write that as the fragrance description???? LOL

If Monkey Farts sells I don't see why Skunk Butt wouldn't:laugh2: I did get up close and personal with a skunk's butt once - then my Great Dane jumped in and grabbed it by the butt right under the tail, shook the heck out of it and then quickly dropped it.:shocked2:

Today's newest arrivals:

Exotic Teak

Moon Shadows

Sea Glass

Sassafras

Strawberries & Champagne

Vanilla Late'

Cappuccino Brulee

Cedarwood Pine

Creeping Fig Vine

All but the Vanilla Latte and the Strawberries and Champagne are new. I'm really liking the Exotic Teak & Moon Shadows... haven't had time to get them into anything. I did make up some scented bears with the Creeping Fig Vine.. now to see how they sell at my show this weekend.

I sold outta the Pumpkin Custard Spice bears so I had to make more of those. Vanilla Latte melts sold out and had to make more of those.. so far I have tested a few in CP.. but I like to leave mine have a nice L O N G cure to see how they will be after about 60 days. If they make it to that point.. then I will add them to my line.

Anyone try the Blueberry yet? I put some in paraffin and I'm getting a fuel smell.. smells like diesel blueberry!:shocked2:

Florals, capitol P U ...............Lavender = the stinkiest scent on earth comparible to that of a skunk butt :laugh2:

Maybe I should write that as the fragrance description???? LOL

Yeah....it was deff way strong...im not into florals either my MIL wanted it...so yeah id deff put that in your description :laugh2:

if anyone is interested, I'm burning old fashioned sugar cookies (5% in paraffin) and the rhow is amazing, all the office is smelling really good!

But what is an old fashioned sugar cookie??

It smells quite good...and edible in soy as well...very good HT and I can smell butter in it as well as sweetness, but then I'm right up there with Paula Deen when it comes to butter...oh Emeril too...we LOVES our butter!:yay:

I agree with you guys on the floral. it smells very true, but i'm not a floral gal either. I did order lavender though because i have had a TON of requests for a lilac (which i ordered too) and a lavender.

florals give me killer headaches. give me coffee scents and food/bakery scents any day!!!

Bert's lavender smells the most realistic though(compared to the others i've tried)-even though i'm not a floral lover!!

I can't wait for tomorrow to get a few of these in wax!!! I wish i wouldn't have had to order sample sizes-but $$ wise can't afford not to. I will definately be trying out more oils.

can you believe we're on page 33 of posts? most other suppliers get a few pages, and here we are. i think that says a lot about bert-and no negative comments-just a few of "i don't like this oil" type thing... you should be proud of yourself bert. don't you dare leave us!!!! keep getting new oils in so i don't have to order the expensive ones from other places that don't smell near as good as yours!!!

Hope you are feeling better!!!

Heather

It's a good MIL scent LOL

:laugh2: lol yeah shes a big floral person NOT me ill take bakery scents n fruits n all that yummy stuff before that any day it was deff way strong! Not tryin to knock down the scent...i know someone who is into florals will love it!!

I think Bert has a good variety, a reasonable quantity, with great quality, at value pricing.

I absolutely hate scrolling through pages and pages of FOs that use descriptions of 5 top notes, 4 middles notes and the low notes with a finish of something. I can't recognize half of what they are - osmanthus, nag champa, basil rathbone for all I care!!!!! KISS for me. Pearberry, Candy Cane, Lavender - got those without going blind!

Thanks Bert!

Just a review of Bert's FO's that I have tried....

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie - The bomb! I love this one. I have tried many and this is the best. Poured at 8% in J223. Have orders for it already.

Bayberry - I was really hopeful for this one. While I thought that it was strong, it was just not my cup of tea.

Lemon Biscotti Pie - Absolutely yummy! Scent lingered for hours after I blew it out. No lemon cleaner type scent at all. Strong hot and cold throw. 8% in J223.

Candy Cane - I poured this and took it to work with me and one person kept blowing it out everytime I got up from my desk. Said it had a funny smell, like Vick's. She's sick this week, so I assumed her nose was out of wack and I took it home to test. Poured at 6% and no kidding, it covered the entire house. I loved it. Hubby and others agreed that it smelled exactly like a really strong candy cane. No fuel smell in J223.

Still have others. Will let ya know my results.:yay:

I am using CB-125. I used LX14 wick for the Christmas Pear. I am wicking up to LX16. I didn't get a good scent throw with the LX14 I am hoping I will now. In 24 oz of wax i am adding 1.8 oz's of FO, Seems like most of the scents besides redwood cedar and Candy cane , I have had to add extra FO to get a good scent throw. Do you think it might be the wax i am using? I was thinking about using the cargill-3 since I live close to Fillmore ( I hate paying for shipping ) I just don't know much about this wax. I have emailed keith about gettting a couple different brands. Never heard a word. If i get the cargill what wicks are best used in this. Thanks so much.

Lisa

lisa when I used C-3 I beleive the CD's works best. I am using ecosoya CB135 and love it with her scents. Very strong throws I am getting, I went with this wax after trying many but it came down to low shipping and have to say that was the best call I have made up until me now using berts oils lol:yay:

Need help from anyone who has tried Christmas Pear.

I have a 3" diameter soy/pw pillar burning with Christmas Pear @8% just now.

The ht is not big after a weeks curing & the wick LX24 (my starting point for all soy/pw pillars) had huge mushrooms within 2 hours of lighting. The mp seems ok so far for the first burn (3 1/2 hrs on).

I will put it out at 4 hrs let it set up & relight to see if it happens again.

Have you found you need to wick up or down with this fo or maybe 8% is too much.......any ideas?

BTW Columbian Coffee..........awesome in ecosoya pillar/pw blend. Tester had 8% but I'm going to cut it down to 7.5%. Will light the tins later & report back.

Also I love this thread it is one of the most useful FO threads I have come across.

Thanks to all for keeping it going & to Bert for the oils!

Sally.

Need help from anyone who has tried Christmas Pear.

I have a 3" diameter soy/pw pillar burning with Christmas Pear @8% just now.

The ht is not big after a weeks curing & the wick LX24 (my starting point for all soy/pw pillars) had huge mushrooms within 2 hours of lighting. The mp seems ok so far for the first burn (3 1/2 hrs on).

I will put it out at 4 hrs let it set up & relight to see if it happens again.

Have you found you need to wick up or down with this fo or maybe 8% is too much.......any ideas?

Sally.

I had to cut back to 5% on Christmas Pear or it weeped out of the top. Not making pillars, but I had a great HT in a 3 1/8" container with a 62C wick and C3 wax. I'm finding that in many of Bert's fo's you need to cut back on the % used. My norm is 6% and I'm finding that between 4-5% is working out much better and I'm still getting a good-great HT.

Is Bert's Lemon Biscotti pie similar to Peak's Lemon Pound Cake? I'd love to try some of her oils, and I need LPC from Peak's but it takes a week to get to me.

Thanks!

Deb, It is the best bakery Lemon I've smelled, I love it, and I am NOT a lemon fan.

Lemme know if ya want an oz to play w/ but I can safely tell ya, it throws great for me in our wax...:grin2: