CaptnKush

Lab & Co Fragrance oils

Was looking at there line of fragrances and was wondering if anyone who has used them think they are really that good to justify the high dollar amount they are asking? I was thinking they are just having them made at AFI and putting a crazy markup on it. If I find one I like of theirs thats what I plan on doing. I am so glad someone posted about AFI, they have so many copied scents and don't charge anything to copy a scent you send them, only the minimum price of 10 pounds should you decide to buy , which is only 1/3 the cost from Lab & Co. :D

I have used them and they are the best oils I have, the throw is great. I wish they would formulate some more traditional holiday scents, they have a lot of funky fragrance combinations.

Finally got a 2oz FO to try from these guys, Rose & Patchouli. Wow! What is used in their fragrances that make them so much better than regular fragrance oils?

They combine essential oils in some of their blends. I’d try all of them if I were rich! The Rose/ patch/amber sounds beautiful! Keep us posted if you try more!🌸

Essential oil and certain aroma molecules. Most candle fragrance houses probs do not use the same aroma molecules because they are cost prohibitive for the average candle maker. Many of the aroma molecules that make beautiful perfumes are also very, and I mean very expensive! When you get a dupe, it can get close but may not be spot on, if you want a certain price range.

Interested to hear about how a dupe turns out. I have bought Lab and Co and they ARE incredible-but ouch, the price.

And like all FO it is ridiculously hard to know what the scents will be like, and if you will like them, until you get them. But spending so much on a little sample size, makes me inclined NOT to buy much from them. Fyi I also have had some problems w their shipping although they took care of things nicely (once they were finally reachable lol).

edit to add-while I love two of the scents I purchased from them, the others I thought were not my cup of tea. And I have not gotten too much enthusiasm from customers. Will have to check the fragrance boards to see if there are suggestions! 

Edited by candlesinflorida

Does anyone know where they get their fragrance oils? Would be nice to go direct instead of paying their huge markup.

I have not tried their fo’s as aI find their whole marketing ridiculous and their prices exorbitant.

Regarding their fragrances, they are most likely using high end molecules used in perfumery. They can get very spendy.

• Like 1

They are located in California one of America's fragrance capitals (after New York). They probably get their stuff from a perfumer over there with minimal cut (not much carrier oils)

15 hours ago, NightLight said:

I have not tried their fo’s as aI find their whole marketing ridiculous and their prices exorbitant.

Regarding their fragrances, they are most likely using high end molecules used in perfumery. They can get very spendy.

I get what they are going for, but yah, maybe if they did away with all the fancy packaging, they could lower their prices a bit. And it would be nice if they actually stocked their items in their warehouses since I live right next to them to lower shipping cost.  All my orders so far have been shipped to their Irvine shop, re- packaged and all labels changed to say Irvine.

May be RA since they do both fragrance oils and perfumes.  I'm drawing a blank on who GW uses to mfg and I've contacted them directly in the past but I'm blank right now.

'