Lab & Co Fragrance oils

56 minutes ago, CandleRush said:

Thanks Forrest for your reviews.

In your opinion do any of these hit the ball out of the park even those you blended?

That is hard to say, and my taste tend to be different from the norm. I’m going to try and get my wife to smell them this weekend. If I can get the wife test results I can give you a better answer on Monday. Right now if I could only have one I would pick one of the last two on my list, both of which I blended. As a standalone it would be the Rose Patchouli and Amber, or the Pear and Honey.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 9:10 AM, CandleRush said:

Thanks Forrest for your reviews.

In your opinion do any of these hit the ball out of the park even those you blended?

The wife test is complete and the EAU DE MER + AMBER, with a little lemongrass is the winner for both of us. 

• Like 1

Thanks Forrest! That one sounds beautiful! I will give that one a try!

I ordered dark rose and laudanum, rose patchouli and amber, and pear and honey to start with. I will post my results here. I’ll be using 50/50 464 and 4630 for those who are interested.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CandleRush said:

Thanks Forrest! That one sounds beautiful! I will give that one a try!

I ordered dark rose and laudanum, rose patchouli and amber, and pear and honey to start with. I will post my results here. I’ll be using 50/50 464 and 4630 for those who are interested.

In the past I’ve felt good if I like 2 out of 10 FO samples. I was 9 for 10 on these, but I had to cut my list down. My wife rejected the rose patchouli and amber, not that she didn’t like it; she just felt it wasn’t good for spring/summer. We liked the pear and honey, but I cut my list down to 4 and it didn’t make the cut. I ordered 2oz each of those 4, but I had to get 10 more samples so I could have free shipping. One thing I noticed is these FOs seem to mature with time, I was using 4627 so it wasn’t the wax. They also have staying power, sometimes I can still smell them two days after my test. I almost put the dark rose and laudanum on my list, I’ll be interested to see how you like it.

• Like 1

I received my samples from lab and co. First impressions: to my nose, pear and honey, not fruity and not sweet.I don’t smell pear at all, not much honey either. It’s perfumy but I’ll see once I light it. Strong ct. Dark rose and Labdenum, beautiful! If you’ve ever smelled essential oils of either one of these, the f.o. Is right on! It helps if you love rose, no chemical smell. This one has a strong ct. The Rose patchouli and amber does not smell like rose or amber to me. Weak ct. I’ll have to see once I light these next week and will share here.

2 hours ago, CandleRush said:

I received my samples from lab and co. First impressions: to my nose, pear and honey, not fruity and not sweet.I don’t smell pear at all, not much honey either. It’s perfumy but I’ll see once I light it. Strong ct. Dark rose and Labdenum, beautiful! If you’ve ever smelled essential oils of either one of these, the f.o. Is right on! It helps if you love rose, no chemical smell. This one has a strong ct. The Rose patchouli and amber does not smell like rose or amber to me. Weak ct. I’ll have to see once I light these next week and will share here.

I didn't get much pear out of the Pear and Honey, I'm going to try and blend it with another pear FO. I did get the rose in the Rose patchouli and amber. I just got my new order today, I can't wait to make some candles.

Well, I could not wait! They smell better in wax! 2 out of 3 are strong. The lighter one to my nose is the rose patchouli/amber but still descent. These blends from lab and co are so unique. I can’t even compare them to the mainstream fo, not that the mainstream fo are lacking, I love many of them it’s just that these are so different. I would love to do more tests. I just think their addition of essential oils may add to their uniqueness.I do like that you are blending some of yours and I’m open to that. I’m really liking them. I did use the Alex method but added fo lower then 150.

2 hours ago, CandleRush said:

Well, I could not wait! They smell better in wax! 2 out of 3 are strong. The lighter one to my nose is the rose patchouli/amber but still descent. These blends from lab and co are so unique. I can’t even compare them to the mainstream fo, not that the mainstream fo are lacking, I love many of them it’s just that these are so different. I would love to do more tests. I just think their addition of essential oils may add to their uniqueness.I do like that you are blending some of yours and I’m open to that. I’m really liking them. I did use the Alex method but added fo lower then 150.

These oils are my new obsession. I made four candles today and still have 11 new samples to put into wax, I smelled a few of them today and they were amazing. Yesterday I tried the Black Current and Rhubarb with some Tangerine Dream and came up with the perfect fruit blend. 

• Like 2

Forrest and captnkush I’m really happy you like these oils. I noticed they have kits, 10,10 ml bottles for 39.00 so I’ll be testing more. I also am testing cbl 125 from candlewic because Sarah from here recommended it a while ago. I may mix in a little soy so with it and I’ll report back. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I thought I should update where I am with the Lab & Co FOs. I posted the four FO I had chosen in a previous post, and I ordered 11 more FOs to try. Of those 11 I picked three that I am extremely happy with.

Gardenia + Grapefruit

Iris + Ginger Blossom

Kakadu Plum + Amber

My absolute favorite is the iris and ginger blossom, but the others are all outstanding.  A few other observations; in 4627 these FOs need at least two weeks cure time. I gave them a couple of days when I did my wick testing and I noticed that they got stronger with each passing day. The next thing I noticed is that they required much smaller wicks than my other FO. Of the seven FOs I am using I only use two different wicks, and they are just one size different on my wick list. I have made properly wicked candles with each of the FOs and the only way I could be happier is if they cost less. I have achieved what I set out to do, it took me three years, but I’m there now. I’m not sure what to do next. I might try wicking my 11oz tureens with these FOs, but I promised Trappeur I was going to try and double wick some 22oz tureens, and that’s a promise I intend to keep, no matter what it cost me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting an update. Im currently testing dbl LX 10s with a 3.5 diameter. I have chosen quite a few Lab & Co aka Woodenwick fragrances but 2 of the 3 I plan to include in my launch are Lemon + Thyme and Cedarwood Neroli and Balsam. I also mix 4627 with Coco83 so I will definitely keep that cure time in mind when dealing with lab & co fragrances .

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Has anyone tried the Pumpkin + Persimmon?

I just got it and It’s more fruity than I was expecting...like spiced punch. It’s not bad but it’s definitely not your average pumpkin. I haven’t put it in wax yet.

I got a sample of Dark Rose + Laudanum and I’m disappointed that the Rose notes aren’t more pronounced. Hmm