NEW 4 oz masons

I have searched China and Japan for these - the ones I have a little different but these are so similar I will take them! And I already get my 8 oz square ones from them so it's so convenient 

again....this just made my day and I placed my order for 10 cases - lol

:soapbabydance:

Edited by moonshine

2 hours ago, moonshine said:

I have searched China and Japan for these - the ones I have a little different but these are so similar I will take them! And I already get my 8 oz square ones from them so it's so convenient 

again....this just made my day and I placed my order for 10 cases - lol

:soapbabydance:

How are you putting that dancing baby on - is it an iPhone app ?

Ever since I saw premade candles in 2oz mason I have been on the search. Lo and behold Amazon has them now

https://www.amazon.com/Mason-Jar-Ounce-Glasses-Leak-Proof/dp/B01M7XKQZK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481766483&sr=8-1&keywords=2oz+mason+jars+with+lids

ETA-false alarm those are round. The search continues!

some of my favorite sauces from a local grocer come in 12oz square Atlas jars... made a tester candle for myself and man it burns beautifully in that jar. 

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

Ever since I saw premade candles in 2oz mason I have been on the search. Lo and behold Amazon has them now

https://www.amazon.com/Mason-Jar-Ounce-Glasses-Leak-Proof/dp/B01M7XKQZK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481766483&sr=8-1&keywords=2oz+mason+jars+with+lids

ETA-false alarm those are round. The search continues!

some of my favorite sauces from a local grocer come in 12oz square Atlas jars... made a tester candle for myself and man it burns beautifully in that jar. 

Those are still very cute though!! 

Wow 2 types pop up after years of searching 

here are the ones my mom found at a flea market in Florida and 1 of the jars came from a candle at Macy's....wish I saved the label but I didn't 

I only have 4 and have searched high and low 

IMG_6134.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

It's sad that 2 cases are under $10. and shipping is almost $18.  I guess it's still cheap for 24 jars.

Yes, I saw them also and couldn't believe the shipping price to me.  For 2 cases of jars at at an amount of $9.25 to ship would be 25.00 to ship or 4 cases 35.00 or 10 cases 50.00 to ship.....Candle Science needs to get with the program and offer realistic honest pricing in my opinion.  Totally rediculous.....But they are really cute.

I figured up the cost to make 1 jar with everything including shipping and ordering lids would be $2.15 for that little jar.  So to sell wholesale if doubled would be $4.30 or rounded off $4,50 a jar.    I just can't see someone paying 9.00 retail for that tiny jar, really..... Geesh it only costs me $3.50 to make a 16oz pint canning jar but of course I don't have shipping as I buy from the grocery store here.  I would love to make these little jars but I just don't see it for me.

Also is there really a call for people to buy such tiny jars?  I guess maybe a bathroom....I do like them though.

Trappeur

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Yes, I saw them also and couldn't believe the shipping price to me.  For 2 cases of jars at at an amount of $9.25 to ship would be 25.00 to ship or 4 cases 35.00 or 10 cases 50.00 to ship.....Candle Science needs to get with the program and offer realistic honest pricing in my opinion.  Totally rediculous.....But they are really cute.

I figured up the cost to make 1 jar with everything including shipping and ordering lids would be $2.15 for that little jar.  So to sell wholesale if doubled would be $4.30 or rounded off $4,50 a jar.    I just can't see someone paying 9.00 retail for that tiny jar, really..... Geesh it only costs me $3.50 to make a 16oz pint canning jar but of course I don't have shipping as I buy from the grocery store here.  I would love to make these little jars but I just don't see it for me.

Also is there really a call for people to buy such tiny jars?  I guess maybe a bathroom....I do like them though.

Trappeur

Just for the heck of it I placed 2 cases of the 4 oz jars + lids in my cart - my estimated shipping was $15.21 ( thats from NC - MI ) packed weight was 9.75 lbs

I ship items weekly, so I know how expensive shipping is. Especially if it's an oversized box, meaning over 12" ? those are  guidelines that not only USPS 

uses but Fedex + UPS use . When theres an oversize fee the cost is an additional $12 on top of the shipping fee. Distance is a killer too, when I ship out 

west, especially CA or the pacific NW - holy cow is it expensive. Ive found that when boxes are heavy + going out there the best option cost wise is Fed ex.

They get it in 4 days opposed to 7-9 business days . Trappeur, those small jars are popular for those who cater to the bridal + baby shower market. But 

typically they use the little mini jars that you'd see at Hobby Lobby + buy when they are 50% off,making them about $1.20 ish a jar. After the New year I am

going to get some though lol ! very cute :) But your right, You'd have to buy in bulk in order to make any money. Maybe Fillmore will start carrying them 

soon - for me anyhow, shipping is better because they are not that far - a few states over. 

I'm on the West Coast so it's always expensive shipping from CS to me.  If I do 4 cases it's 20.50 and if I add the 1 fo I could use right now it's 21.50 so I may do that after the holidays.  But now I have to wonder if they will become more available at other suppliers that are closer to me.

• Like 2

Shipping is a killer, I wish hardware stores would start carrying the square masons but my shipping for those jars in 8 ounce at all other suppliers is significantly higher than CS

I really didn't even think about costing the jars finished I was so excited to see them finally! Oh well....they are coming now and I have to make it work, I have done several baby showers and bridal showers and this jar is the perfect size and so cute and squatty! Lol

I also want to put a new concept for me in these- little square melts mixed with different scents, like the chunk melts but they will be their own separate scented cubes so if you want to melt just one scent you can 

I will let you all know how in the hole I go when I cost these

• Like 1

talltayl- thats what i do, usually if i add in my wax and scents and just do one big order the shipping cost isnt too bad with all of the stuff im getting in return. especially if i do the 50lbs of wax, i havent really ever spent more than $50 bucks on shipping, usually its closer to $40. But i am on the east coast and thats why i use them as my major supplier. 

I ordered only jars and tops from Fillmore one time and it was kind of a wash when it came down to price per jar since i ended up paying more on shipping. 

At .39 cents a jar (or whatever it was) i would say its pricey for only 4oz container but i feel like i can sell it for a good price in my market. might not be the 4xs my cost i get with my 8oz jars but i could see selling more of them where i am. they might be a good intro for new customers who dont know about my candles but want to try one. 

• Like 2

if you are on the west coast, they do also ship from reno..

so that helps shipping a little bit..

i try to wait an order so i can do 200 lb  weight, it really brings the shipping down too.

i get my wax, and jars, and several of the fo's

I also have my family and friends on alert if they go to reno to pick up for me..:)

Edited by 8-GRAN-ONES
spelling and adding
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, moonshine said:

I got my jars today and I am in LOVE ? 

They are so stinking cute I cannot wait to make some candles in them after the new year! 

Let us know how long they burn.  In the past, small jars were down to the wick tab in no time so I passed on making candles in them.  Can't remember, off hand, what wick I settled on.

Goldie